What certification to become an IT Technician?

Hello Jow Forums, I'm more of a /bizfit/ guy, but I have a question for you. I've recently graduated high school, and my mom has let me live with her rent free until the end of summer, so I have about 2 months. I'm heavily interested in technology, it's my true passion/hobby outside of vidya. I've build dozens of computers, cleaned, repaired, and frankensteined old ones. I've done just about everything on the hardware side there is to do, outside of RAID or extreme cooling/OCing. I also flip computers on craigslist, but that only makes me a few bucks. I'm shit at programming though, so that's not on the table for me.
Sorry for the blog post. I was wondering what the best certification (such as windows, COMPTIA +, etc) would be best if I were to become an IT technician at an entry level job, hopefully making 30K + a year, perhaps at a place like geek squad (I know they're known for being terrible).
Sorry for being a faggot OP, I'm more of a lurker than poster.

Attached: Zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

Buy link

I already have link m8. It's a poor fag stack though, I'll never make it.

You clearly have no marketable skills so your only hope is to compensate with certifications like A+ and Network+. DO IT FAGGOT

Lie

Do what exactly? And I'd actually say I'm quite capable, I always did well in school and I enjoy my work.
What's the lie? This is the least larpy post I've ever seen.

>Do what exactly? And I'd actually say I'm quite capable
Sure, until you are told to set up a Windows domain in a virtualized environment and shit your diaper. Do you really think computer techs get paid to do the type of things you did for family in highschool?

M8, I dual boot W10/Mint, I have moderate experience using VMs, etc. I might be a young fag, but when your entire life is based around jacking with tech you gain more knowledge than other young fags.

That's fine but people aren't going to pay you to learn. I'm telling you as a system administrator that manages over 30 servers and almost 2k workstations. What you know out of high school isn't enough to even work as a basic bitch consumer repair tech, regardless of how much jacking off you do on tech.

Well, at least I'm talking to someone with a lot of experience. Do you have any suggestions what I should do for work, where they don't mind new people?

Yeah work on getting those certs. Start right now.

I already told you. You need to get certified. This will provide you with the basic knowledge you need in order to work in the field and is incredibly cheap to get and can be done entirely on your own. Anyone that hires you will terminate you two weeks later once they realize that you can't do the job. We fire people all the time for lying or exaggerating about their ability.

Get a Net+ and any entry level position will hire you

Copy that, thanks m8.

how much weight does sec+ hold? Ironically the only cert I have right now since the army made me get it.

Experience is far more valuable than certifications. Certs are basically for people that have no professional experience and are worthless to anyone that has over 2 years of actual professional work history.

No worries, i could hook you up actually depending on what state you are in?

Pretty much what said

Houston, Texas.

Not OP, but I'm going into junior year and I have CompTIA A+, RHCSA and I know Python moderately well and have some experience with C++. I know OOP pretty well but don't know advanced stuff like memory stuff and templating. What do you think the best way is for me to get into an actual job? Would it be better to go towards more Linux/sysadmin certs like RHCE and CCNA or should I be focusing on programming?

Geeksquad will hire literally anyone, I had coworkers who had never even opened the case before starting. Customer service is 80% of your job, any repair more complicated than replacing a hard drive you're supposed to ship off to one of the depots.
That said, its actually pretty decent experience, because no matter what you move on to being able to explain computer shit to retards will be a fundamental skill. Its a solid first job, they'll pay for your A+ and shit like that if you ask, and having it on a resume while applying for better stuff isn't as nice as real experience it at least shows commitment.

Depends on what you want to do. Most people that run Linux stuff really don't care about certs (in my experience). That's more of a Windows environment thing just because of the corporate type atmosphere that surrounds Windows. The only thing I could think of that would benefit by having Linux certs would be working in a datacenter but even then they are likely looking more for network engineering certs, not Linux.
If you wanted to do programming, the easiest thing to get into is webshit. Javascript and frameworks like node, angular or react. Java and PHP are the most common back-end languages.

I could hook you up there and they would train you up. You would have to prove that you were willing to learn and eager to please the customers first though.