What Android browser does Jow Forums use?

Last I heard it was Bromite, but I tried to install and it's malware just like Brave. Bromite asks for permission to:
>change your audio settings
>control near field communications
>run at startup
>view network connections
>view Wi-Fi connections
>take pictures and videos
>record audio
>and many more
What is the Jow Forums approved Android web browser? Malware browsers (i.e. Brave, Bromite, etc.) and shill browsers (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, etc.) need not apply.

Attached: best-web-browsers-android[1].png (1920x1080, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kiwibrowser/android/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use Brave. I want to use Firefox (and alternative versions like Preview and that one from F-Droid) but browsing is slow as hell. Brave lacks customization but for a mobile browser I'm okay with it.

for me, it's Samsung Internet

Kiwi. Gets the job done until Firefox gets better.

Kiwi is the best browser for android, chromium without botnet and has extension support.
Keep a look on the new firefox for android though

>Extension support.
I use it and didn't even know this, thank you.

It's not actually open source kek
Try going to the xda thread then ask 'bruh where's the source of the compiled browser' and the devs will chimp out followed by mods deleting your post

kek what is this garbage? It isn't on F-Droid, of course it's malware. Privacy Browser is the most private browser FYI. It's so private that you can't even find it by looking it up (because both are common words and too much comes up). It's on F-Droid and it requires basically no permissions and has all the features you need. Privacy Browser is the official Jow Forums browser.
>protip: If you get it from F-Droid, you get for free what suckers on Google and Amazon pay for

>doesn't understand permissions required
>doesn't have a clue about WebRTC
>>Bromite is botnet
>room temperature IQ

What's wrong with FF on Android?

>g-guise trust me, there's a reason why Bromite needs permission to record video and take pictures and record audio and run on startup
>you're basically stupid if you don't accept these claims that I bring forth without a shred of evidence to back them up
And yet, Privacy Browser only needs permissions to Internet and SD card, and it does everything Bromite can. What could this mean?

The same thing that's wrong with FF everywhere? It's spyware.

Personal preference really, easy of use of chrome browsers is just more natural to me.

What the fuck are you talking about you piece of shit monkey brains

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-000513.png (2160x3840, 208K)

>Bromite needs permission to record video and take pictures and record audio and run on startup
w-what? source?

Attached: 1537026320360.png (759x621, 153K)

icecat mobile

Chromium is the only browser type that properly integrates with Android security

github.com/kiwibrowser/android/releases

Samsung internet is hella fast. However it gets fucky with literally every password manager out there that is not samsung pass. And samsung pass only works on samsung shit, not PC. The browser does however sync with firefox shit so it allows me to avoid installing the inferior android version of that.

what the fresh hell does this even mean, you shameless poogler

I have given up trying to fight the botnet and so i switched back to chrome
Then later when i get fed up with google again i will change to a browser that respects my freedom, until i the circle repeats and i go back once again to chrome
Such is life

Attached: 1562628070422.png (500x522, 350K)

Sometimes I do this like everyday, I'm probably mentally ill

>probably

OP confirmed schizo

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-194129_Package installer.png (1440x2890, 84K)

Focus for throwaway stuff, Lightning for the rest

>Webview based
Yikes

>apk trackers
Yikes

>GSF dependent
Yikes

It's just a clone off the Chromium repo, patches are proprietary.

Obviously Privacy Browser just doesn't allow websites to use those hardware devices or doesn't support them
A featured web browser will discover these capabilities on startup to expose them to websites when needed. If you don't want them just disable them

Are you goddam summerfargs seriously using stock Android? No wonder you don't know shit about what's going on in your device. An you clearly didn't read the install page either kek. How useless can you be?
It needs access to your Near Field Communication to 'expose it to gentle websites if they request it with merely gentle purposes', as the other shill said. Try defending that one.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-191407_F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 189K)

Top of the page.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-191414_F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 155K)

That one guy was using Telegram, so of course he's an idiot that can't into privacy.

Microsoft Edge

I dont know what you meant by calling icecat mobile an apk tracker. could you please elaborate?

It doesn't matter what he said. IceCat mobile is also spyware; it requires many permissions it shouldn't. There's nothing like Privacy Browser, really.

Which permissions are you referring to? they look normal to me. I haven't been asked to allow any besides Camera and Storage yet, both at times where it would have needed to use that permission to do what I wanted it to. I don't believe it is malicious, personally. if you'd like to review the source code to prove me wrong, feel free, but without reason to believe otherwise, I trust the guys (and gals if there are any). I will give Privacy Browser a try though, since you mentioned it. I think I've heard someone on youtube talk about it before. Thanks for the suggestion.

Why are you even thinking about the source code if you didn't even read the installation notes? You must be another of those idiots with stock roms that just click yes on anything.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-195359_F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 186K)

Top.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-195352_F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 202K)

VIA Browser

This is how non-botnet permissions look like.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-195957_F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 194K)

Those are declared permissions. Just because it's declared doesn't mean it can use it. You still have to grant acess to them at runtime.

Attached: 07844CB0-6479-4C22-82CD-36CB0C3A38CF.png (1597x1600, 665K)

Get ClassyShark3xodus and scan it. It has the Mozilla apk telemetry hardcoded in, like all Firefox forks.

Thanks for calling me an idiot, but no, I use lineageOS. Yes, I read those already. The top three looked malicious at first, but with some internet searching, this is the preferred way for apps to handle accounts. From my understanding it cannot use them without explicit permission from the user when it tries. The only ones I see that look sketchy are the starting at startup one, and the connect and disconnect from wifi one. the latter of the two can't really be abused unless you're really trying, but it's odd to see.

Anything and everything on a phone is botnet, not to mention worthless garbage that wastes your time. This includes browsers. A phone is a device for sending text messages to normies, nothing more.

Not all of those require asking the user, but some do, yeah.

ah, man. that sucks. I guess I'll use privacy browser then, thanks.

Sure thing buddy.
>10 seconds before you turn on the phone
>"sir, I know your phone is turned off, but it's me, your phone, and I'm asking you for permission to run X on startup"
>no way phone!
>"aye thanks sir"
>turns on phone
>X didn't run on startup
Does this scenario look like it would work according to the model you described? Why are you so dumb man?

user I get your point however I can't bring my desktop with me on vacation and I don't feel that buying a laptop to use just for cases like this is justified for myself. For other people, sure.

fennec/firefox for complete ublock support.

try naked browser, works pretty nice

forgot it also supports hosts file content blocking

Fennec F-droid

Yuzu is the most convenient once you set it up. Don't give a shit about security but it can use Bromite Webview.

Here's my setup.

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-104324_Yuzu_Browser.png (1080x1920, 236K)

Bromite & Kiwi & Firefox

Bromite and any other good apps isn't also on F-Droid per its shitty policy

Fennec, it is a fine browser.

Attached: 1.jpg (267x378, 17K)

Icecat with uBlock extension.

Fennec FDroid (Firefox)

Install uBO, disable 3rd party js.