>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 1542669964169.png (1280x720, 791K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kvMqcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/yhcWxG
pcpartpicker.com/product/2M97YJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-bls2k16g4d30aesb
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818
pcpartpicker.com/list/dRfJYT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck AMD and Fuck AMDPosters, i9 GANG BABY.

GAMER DAKIS

anyone running b450 mortar or any older gen msi board on ryzen 3000? im looking to buy, and seeing alot of different shit posted about the bios update being absolute dogshit, and some people having no problems.

I was one of them, I ended up formatting my usb stick with fat32 formatter and it worked perfectly after that. I'm not sure if there are any incompatibilities with certain usb sticks or not.

I want / need to build a new computer.
I want to run Linux (probably Cinnamon)
Thinking of running VirtualBox to run Windows 7 and other Linux Distros)

USA budget under $1500 (more if necessary)
Use = Photo editing / some video editing / no gaming
Thinking of no sound card - going with onboard sound

This is what I think I want.
Any suggestions or recommendations would truly be appreciated.
pcpartpicker.com/list/kvMqcY

>2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
Why and how do I tell? What's the point of 4 slot boards then?

is this real

Dual channel involves two sticks running in the appropriate channels. Consumer CPUs can fortunately run in double dual channel, two sets of dual rank RAM kits working.

Fucking this. I was waiting for ryzen but bought an i9 today. Fuck amd for this scuffed launch

of course not, the real one had a naked d.va on it

Any 3800X reviews yet?

Is it just something i've done in the filters or is the UK PCpartspicker just not showing AMD products for some reason? It's just Intel CPUs listed and a lot of them don't even have price listings.

No. AMD didn't send those out because of broken BIOS revisions and some other stuff which would result in it being an unattractive buy. I think AMD in part knows that it won't sell well no matter what, and so has a fewer number of those chips slated for production compared to 3600/3700x/3900x.

Also most of the best binned 8 core dies are being set aside for 3950x and Rome. No real reason for 3800X to exist really other than padding the stack.

What's muh BOI techdeals doing!?
The man's got a wife and daughter.

Is there a reliable 3800X benchmark video?
A quick look on youtube has nothing but click baity looking titles and I really don't want to trust Gamer's Nexus

Can someone explain to me what's going on with zen2 and the bios. Is it a motherboard issue or is it zen2 itself?

just one korean dude but it looks sketchy.
I'm more suprised we didn't have any x570 mobos reviews.

Thanks. So is there any point to 3 sticks/4 sticks kits?

i fucking hate norwegian retailers. only 1 of them has the 3700x for msrp, and Amd havent even given them a date for when they get the 3700x rest have obscene markups. kill me

Attached: rape.png (771x629, 47K)

How come cheaper b450 pro carbon has bios flashback but this doesn't?
Because if you have the money to buy a x470 you'll have the money to fork out for a new mobo.

>wanna go balls out on 3950x
>cant because know that zen3 is gonna drop with 4 way smt and btfo everything once again
>and ddr5 on the new platforms too
JUST wait continues

Attached: 1562259945559.jpg (586x524, 42K)

Buildzoid and GN have been putting some out though. I haven't seen any from AsRock however, so I don't know if the line mATX x570 board sucks or not. Well Ryzen isn't even on Amazon yet in my country so whatever.

That's what you get for raping half of European you barbarian

I see. I guess I wait then. I already know the 3700X is good enough but I still want to know of the 3800X is worth the extra $80

Need to remove 9900k since 3900X with SMT disabled still matches/beats it.
Turns out all the poor results like Hitman 2 are simply down to the games scheduling poorly, but disabling SMT fixes that and 12c/12t > intel 8c/16t
3900X/3950X with SMT disabled would be the "extreme solution for absolute highest FPS" option.

I don't think that's why.
The 3600X performs significantly above the 3600, matching the 8700k with equal RAM speeds.
3800X simply has the worst yields of the current chips. Same reason the 3950X isn't launching until September.

>le i9gag army

>pcpartpicker.com/list/kvMqcY
Why spend so much on GPU if not gaming?
Why Nvidia GPU on Linux?
Just get an RX570 and get a 3900X
drop the shitty paste. It's not better than what comes with the stock cooler.
Video editing usually means a lot of large files. I'd get at least 2TB on the SSD.

Zen3 is probably still going to be 2-way SMT on desktop, 3-way on threadripper, 4-way maybe on epyc.

Three sticks basically never should happen and usually never does, unless it's a poorfag sticking together three old 4GB sticks. 4 sticks mostly for higher capacities than 32GB.

Today? Sure you did. How's that buyer's remorse?

Capacity first and foremost. Video and photo editing. And for those who can't be bothered to check their tabs in check, those who use browsers.

>buying 3700x without waiting for 3800x benchmarks

You fools. The 3800x is going to actually match the intel chipsets for gaming.

Attached: 19-113-104-V03.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Hi Jow Forums, first time builder here. I've got a parts list together and I've ordered the major components already (monitor/GPU/CPU). I just need help finalizing the handful of components I have left.
Here's the build: pcpartpicker.com/list/yhcWxG
What x570 motherboard should I get? For now I have a B450 board but since I'm building new with a Zen 2 CPU I figure I should get a Zen 2 specific board. I have no idea how different boards compare and they're all new so there's very little information out about them.
Is this RAM sufficient? I could get 16 GB of 3200 MHz RAM for a little less but my understanding is that 32 GB of 3000 MHz is perfectly fine.
Any and all advice would be helpful.

Attached: IMG_2316.jpg (968x681, 52K)

No point in the 3800x when the 3900x exists.

if it did, wouldnt they give it to reviewers?

they've been discussing build quality which is fine but haven't done for most mobos, at least for those I'm looking at. Also It would be nice to see OC capabilities, memory compatibility, temperatures and bios.
I'm not sure when first batches arrive, somewhere it says 12.7 and somewhere after 23.7. On geizhals austria it says 30.7.

Unless you plan on getting a pcie 4.0 video card in a few years, the x570 are pointless. You can get an Asus crosshair 7 from amazon for around $200.

>The ____ is going to actually match the intel chipsets for gaming.
>says the drone for the millionth time

you absolute shitters will never get it
amd is always going to be behind intel and nivida

is the b450 mortar titanium going to limit my RAM overclocking potential? i kinda want to try to get some micron e-die and oc to 3600 cl16.

That build itself is alil overkill.
Especially considering your build you posted is a wreck that wouldn't even be considered good 5 years back.
Have you checked Newegg? I see they've expanded.
Also look for Brazilian based forums that m8 be hosting a selling platform. Can't explain but that's honestly ridiculous and I find it hard to believe you can't find anything cheaper. Your basically buying 5 year old parts at full brand new prices.

More cores = less boost per core. 3900x has too many cores for gaming.

You can replace the WD SSD with the superior NVMe Inland Premium which costs less. You can get a cheaper BQ PSU from EVGA if you so please, but it's alright. Motherboard has no flashback unlike the B450M Gaming Plus or Tomahawk so be aware. Aegis RAM is not Micron E-die so it won't overclock as well as those Ballistix kits. For $26 more you can get a better OC kit of RAM. Your choice though.

pcpartpicker.com/product/2M97YJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-bls2k16g4d30aesb

You also bought a 2070 non-Super. Alas.

>they're all new so there's very little information out about them
More like you're new and don't know where to find the info. If you have no need for PCIe 4.0, don't buy a X570 unless your current mobo is shit.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818

>If you have no need for PCIe 4.0, don't buy a X570 unless your current mobo is shit.
What if you don't own an AMD motherboard yet?

pcpartpicker.com/list/dRfJYT
Rate and hate please, haven't build a new pc in 4 years.

Attached: 2019-07-09 00.22.32 pcpartpicker.com 60a4152a104b.jpg (1315x2851, 347K)

Ok so I got the undervolt I threatened to do and it seems to be matching the score for vega64 . Might be able to push it by boosting the clockspeed over 1600mhz.

Still waiting on finalized bios, its fucking annoying not having CL16 ram but I'm not sure if its going to change anything on stock settings. I'm already reaching the 4.3ghz boost clock on 8 cores with multi-threaded workloads.

Attached: firestrike with undervolt-overclock.png (1578x971, 446K)

>>buying 3700x without waiting for 3800x benchmarks
>You fools. The 3800x is going to actually match the intel chipsets for gaming.
Lol. 3600 is already there

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-08-22-11-45-641_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 754K)

Somebody just tell me what mobo I can get without needing to flashback or spend $600.

Spend less on the mobo and more on the video card.

are blowers really that bad? planning on getting a 5700 but the idea of waiting till august for partner cards is demoralizing ;-;

You should just stick with your b450. What model and brand is it?
You'll probably not even need the x570 features

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-08-22-09-52-244_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 523K)

Same shit. Pick a mobo with BIOS flashback, otherwise you'll need a previous gen CPU to update the BIOS.

I don't have an older cpu to update the bios for a more affordable mobo, even if I can get a better video card, it's only going to be a rtx 2060 at best.

Two questions.
I plan on getting a MSI b450 Pro Carbon AC to run a 3700X/3800X.
The motherboard says it's rated for 3466 RAM so is it fine to get a 3600 kit?

I also want to use the Noctua - NH-D15 and there is a prompt saying that it may be too big. Does anyone know if the size is an issue with that mobo? Thanks in advance.

Attached: Reinhardt and Torbjorn drinking by nakanoart.jpg (773x1000, 1.02M)

>unironically buying hdd in 2019
that should be ssd only fren

overpaying for mobo. b450 is good enough if u can live with no pcie4 and shit audio

Attached: dzbx9fdkxv731.png (1139x5016, 745K)

>are blowers really that bad?
Yes they are. Terrible, HORRIBLE noise and not so good thermals. There are not many reasons to buy a blower cooler.

Meister's buildzoid noted that the memory(wtf it's called vrm chipset thingy) on mortar are very well built.
I know cause I checked the review before my own purchase.

>The motherboard says it's rated for 3466 RAM so is it fine to get a 3600 kit?
yaaes

>Does anyone know if the size is an issue with that mobo?
noctua has a list of mobos and stuffs you know that it supports for each cooler on the websitez

>Its a 1060 decides to kill itself episode

Sticky says the blower style RX5700's are fine, but which one to go for? at this point is there much differentiation between the various models on the market?

seeI do like watching my chink cartoons with good audio.

5700 XT blower has issues, which is a shame, but when the AIB cards come, or if you're willing to do DIY watercooling then you should be able to OC to match 2080S.

5700 blower is okay, but could be better. Doesn't suffer from the issues of XT.

Blowers are designed for ITX cases or cases with no airflow. AIB cards will be better for general use.

sick, gotta pick one up before theyre sold out

I'm a first time builder so I don't have a B450 motherboard. I just had that listed as a placeholder, sorry I should've clarified.

The cooler is 80 buxx, just buy a better CPU.

>Somebody just tell me what mobo I can get without needing to flashback or spend $600.
All the x570.
What's your aversion to flashback?
Or you could just ask the vendor to flash it for you. It's the only way.

theyre all the same reference now 5700 xt obv

well not all b450 has shit audio. b450 carbon has realtek 1220 atleast

how much more expensive do you guys think a decent AIB 5700xt is gonna be, over the reference?

Are there any x570 boards that are worth buying just for gaming or is the B450 tomahawk the one to go for?

how much are the partner cards gonna cost?

i want to build a ryzen 2700x-based machine. what do i look for when i'm searching for a motherboard?

>Flashing bios
>lights start flickering
>no UPS

Attached: 1492440932836.jpg (250x236, 5K)

>3800x
that chip only exist because they wanted a ryzen 9 line against the i9 but ryzen 9 3800x would have been even more confusing and that way the jump from $329 to $499 doesn't look that bad with a chip in the middle at $399, i don't see how the fuck can they justify a $70 jump, the jump from 3600 to 3600x is smaller and you also get a better cooler.

Depends. Some will cost the same as MSRP. Some will cost more. And some will sell under MSRP.

Buy a Tomahawk or a Mortar.

>Are there any x570 boards that are worth buying
Only two reasons:
1) You plan to OC a 3900X;
2) You need PCIe 4.0.

Who the fuck knows. If you have no reason to hurry, just be patient and don't do stupid stuff with your money.

same here man, and what's up with power/expert not even selling it at all, they are the only one selling it at a reasonable enough price

>3900x has too many cores for gaming.
Not if you disable SMT. 12c/12t is probably all you'll need for a decade in gaming. It's within 4% at worst to the 9900k with SMT off, and then sometimes beats it by 10%, so it's plain faster, more secure, and more efficient.

3900X is the clearly more powerful CPU even with SMT off. Some games are simply scheduling wrong which gimps it. But turning SMT off fixes that.

If you're going to buy a cooler for a 6 core, you're better off just buying the 8 core and using the stock cooler.
3700X stock cooler is similar performance to that $30 cooler.
replace SSD with a 1TB SU800, SX8200, or Inland Premium. It's only a little bit more money for double the storage, and the later 2 are faster.
Drop the HDD entirely. Waste of money.
1660Ti is poor value at $280. Should be $230-$250. Vega 56 and RX 5700 are better value and faster.

Also see no reason why you don't just get a B450 board, which frees up money for those better and faster cards.

>The motherboard says it's rated for 3466 RAM so is it fine to get a 3600 kit?
I really don't know if boards have artificial frequency limits or not. Usually it's just mem voltage that's sometimes limited. I would think it'll be fine with Zen2's better IMC.

Other than Tomahawk not having AGESA 1003 yet, it's a good option.
Though... really I'd wait to make sure B450 boards are getting updated with the new microcode.

Ignore the Nvidiot trolls. The 5700 blower has noise levels on par with the 2060 FE's dual fan cooler. It's a cold, hard fact that is making them rage and sperg.
It's only the 5700 XT that is too high power to use the blower with and you should wait for AIB cards.

Go for the one with better warranty/support.
XFX, MSI, Powercolor, Sapphire.
Avoid Gigabyte and ASUS.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-07_18-06-02.png (2793x1348, 1.07M)

) You need PCIe 4.0.
Why does anyone need PCIe 4.0 outside of extremely fast memory?

i sent them an email, and they said they had no clue when they would get the 3700x in, which is strange. they have the 3600 at 1999kr. gotta wait i guess, hopefully they stay at that price. im sure as fuck not paying komplett 3899 for it.

Do the checkmarks under Core Current mean it will work out of the box with Ryzen 3?

I never go full retard and buy the top CPU but wouldn't it be full retard to NOT buy the 3900X right now? We've never had a #1 CPU be just $500 before. Will probably never happen again in my lifetime. Help me justify spending all of my money.

Attached: Capture.png (743x902, 112K)

Because it's new.

why does some x570 boards only have two m.2 slots? even the ayysus hero
ryzen 3000 cpu has 1 m.2 directly from chipset and 2 m.2 (possibly) from chipset... right?

also, would there be any bottlenecking transferring between these. i guess not right?

Attached: 1560364148717.jpg (991x996, 484K)

If you're going to do it then wait for the 3950X in September.

Have they announced the price?

I'm buying a new mobo and plan to have it for years, why would I go previous gen? Are there seriously no advantages to having a current gen board for my current gen CPU?

Attached: 1455588879723.jpg (362x358, 33K)

$749

Already told you what the advantages are. You do what you want with your cash user.

I would be impressed if you could find one in stock.

It would be full retard to buy a 3900x when 9900k is 20% better in games and 10% cheaper.
>inb4 muh multicore

Attached: 1558108321522.png (1364x728, 618K)

Hmm, that's 50% more which puts back into the high price range of other top end CPUs. I think I'll stick with the 3900X unless the 3950X is vastly superior in some way.

$749. Source: AMD

Unless you're going for 12/16 cores and/or you need a fast SSD because you're constantly moving files, get a B450.

tfw noone answers my questions

Well when you put it like that.

Except if all you do is sit watching youtube with an unplayed steam library and don't use your computer for work.

What do you use it for?

a 12 core that can unironically run on a sub 100 dolla board at that

Attached: 8499969.png (640x480, 29K)

So 3900x is completely out of stock and benchmarks show 9900k is better in games, think I'll just buy the 9900k.

Wouldn't it be dumb NOT to buy the 3600 which is ridiculously efficient for the price?

>muh
>gaymes

I shitpost in 100 tabs at once while watching Youtube.

>Why does anyone need PCIe 4.0 outside of extremely fast memory?
More lanes.
You can fully saturate X470/Z390 on mITX. All those extra slots on ATX boards are splitting the lanes.

I mean for $500 it's actually really good value compared to what the prices of "best CPU" have been historically.
Intel and AMD 6 cores were around $1000 in the past, 3-4x more expensive than their 4 cores.
Now you get 50% more cores for 50% more money over the 3700X, and it's higher clocked too.

Even if Microsoft never fully fixes their scheduler for games, you can disable SMT and it's STILL worth $500 as a 12c/12t CPU.
That one is 50% more money for 33% more cores, though.
I can't wait to see how much it crushes ass in every game with PBO enabled and SMT off, though. Wouldn't be surprised if you still wouldn't feel the need to upgrade 10 years later with that chip, but there are still big architecture improvements coming with zen3, zen4, zen5, sulky cope, etc.

Other than PCIe 4.0 support, older boards my not get as good of BIOS support.
Last update to some boards was on like the 24th or whatever, when new microcode dropped 2 days ago.
Also I don't think any of the past gen boards are really good enough for a 16 core, at least not overclocked. Though the 12 core should run stock fine on decent b450 board.

>why does some x570 boards only have two m.2 slots? even the ayysus hero
To make you pay more. Segmentation.
>would there be any bottlenecking transferring between these. i guess not right?
Other than that the chipset fan may turn on to deal with that much i/o if they are PCIe4.0 speeds, no.

No one is unironically buying intel in 2019. Weak bait.

>muh
>compiling
Because even when it comes to video editing and photo editing, 9900k wins.

Attached: 1535766929913.png (500x610, 45K)

3900X up on Amazon right now, only a few left though.

Attached: 1454037640999.gif (512x481, 646K)