I'm learning C, should i stop?

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-084335~2.png (1080x1804, 384K)

yup, programming has no future. You should learn it if you still want to do it as a hobby.

>C in 2019

Attached: Meant+to+type+16+might+be+retarded+_43ea6f6db78eaf9e3cc55366213843ba.jpg (586x578, 53K)

yes

Learn Cobol. Boomers are dying.

>literally second on the Tiobe index and has been since its inception
>"no future"

You are both retarded.

Attached: 1530360807007.jpg (750x1000, 74K)

i too can make a spreadsheet

That has no relevance to the future of a language, it’s just a reference of how many times people search things

yeah I'm sure the no-code software just appears out of thin air

Yeah but this means even less koders are needed

if you're working at a company that can replace you with drag and drop software, then maybe you need to reevaluate your life choices

>I'm learning C, should i stop?
Do you like programming in C as a hobby?
Do you plan to make a career out of C with all that lower level shit compared to other higher level languages?
if yes then no

I learn c to be a better X

C is high lvl shit

No, C is good. But some of its intricacies might serve you better if you also know more modern languages.

>compared to other higher level languages.
Please understand context.

And learn to work on PDPs. Guaranteed high salaries and job security.

Literally doesn't even matter. Altavista was the second most popular browser at some point, Does that mean that it had a future?

>some of its intricacies might serve you better if you also know more modern languages.
What do you think was used to write those modern languages retard?

Tell us more.

c is one of the most based languages and you should learn it at least to get some perspective. It's not that big of a time investment compared to pretty much any new random language. Make sure to learn how memory and program flow is managed in structured programming, don't deviate into c++ oop degeneracy until you do.

Brain.exe has stopped working.

No code exploits will be thriving, didn't wordpress learn?

based fintech

consolation prize (You)

there's a lot of mission-critical civilization stuff like bank mainframes that are written in boomer languages like cobol. java is another option with good ~$80-100k starting salaries doing essential work at financial institutions

being a programmer is the same as being a 21st-century plumber, though real plumbing is a fine career choice too: unionized, great pay-to-work ratio, start your own small business

Programming jobs are being phased out in favor of coding jobs

I worked at a private bank who do a lot of front office trading and there is always an emergency debug team in case SHTF. I wonder if they aren't making more money than actual junior traders.

It's useful to know C even if you don't primarily program in it.

You mean proper programming being replaced with JavaScript wall pooping?