OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

techpowerup.com/257201/bios-rom-size-limitations-almost-derail-amds-zen2-backwards-compatibility-promise

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: fBHnxsC6DzJvjDCB.jpg (1474x682, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using MSI shit
>paying to use MSI shit
Imagine being this much of an idiot.

>almost
wow so it's nothing

Why are amd so shit?
>launch VII without uefi support
>pajeet can't write bios for their new cpus

Attached: ayyymd.jpg (568x612, 66K)

>UEFI
Botnet.

I'll take things that never happened for $5 bucks buckaroo

>almost
Oh ok.

>Buy intel
>Get horrible UI
>Buy amd
>Get nice, clean and straightforward UI

now this is interesting
>manufacturers have to cut down on bios package size because of eeprom limitations
>removal or 28nm support, SATA RAID, some setup features and setup graphics
I didn't think manufacturers would be this involved, like I thought they were all super lazy and leave shit for months

is it just MSI or cheaper boards?
because the x470 boards I'm looking at have 256M bits (32M bytes) of flash rom

>like I thought they were all super lazy and leave shit for months
as much as they whined about agesa headache, AMD bios is pretty easy compared to intel, you can't fuck it up
CPU does everything, MB only needs to adhere to protocols and I/O

gee maybe it's because THIS UEFI GARBAGE IS FUCKING BLOAT

>AMD has issues releasing drivers
No shit Sherlock.

>A lot of people like to ignore content and then spam post charts to reddit, so to be REALLY CLEAR here: This does NOT mean that every review will be unaffected, but our R5 3600 review is not affected by BIOS boosting bugs and our R9 3900X review is not affected for all-core production workloads and is minimally affected for some lightly threaded games, max we saw is 2.7% uplift. And again, as stated at the end, this is on AMD, so if you see other reviewers with bigger differences, don't go brigade their comments. The boost will vary unit-to-unit (not even by SKU) and by BIOS.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AMDBROS THEY TOOK OUR LAST COPING METHOD

I can't

Attached: cuck-bios.png (599x713, 326K)

MSI is always shit, always has been. It's the budget motherboard. Any review involving an MSI motherboard is a destined failure.
LOL

Wait for fine wine bios

Gee, if only there was a way to free the space for cpus definitions, like REMOVING FUCKING BITMAPS USELESS GARBAGE LIKE A BOARD EXPLORER.

This was supposed to be it bro, this was the fine wine bios but there was no difference. I don't even care anymore I think I'll just wait for the superior Zen3

youtube.com/watch?v=JUQ9iUyd0uM

That's not limited to msi. The latest bios for my gigabyte b350 itx board brings zen 2 support but removes raven ridge compatibility due to lack of size, so no APUs. Supporting so many processors you run out of space on the bios rom, that's certainly a problem Intel doesn't have.

>that's certainly a problem Intel doesn't have.
Because intel requires a brand new motherboard per CPU you retard

That's the the joke.

it's definitely better than nothing.
if you're using ravenridge just don't update bios, it's not rocket science.

I don't plan to use an APU, but i wonder how the release of new ones will be handled, and if we'll see separate BIOSes for CPUs and APUs.

Now they managed to bloat BIOS. That's quite an achievement

Do people regularly update their bios? I don't think I ever have

I check on my board's support page once in a while for new versions, but i avoid beta versions like the plague, i had to RMA my board because of it once.

Well fuck, I guess no 4900X for me.

Well who the fuck told them to include those huge (presumably uncompressed) bitmaps for those buttons?

Attached: 1560429604070.jpg (700x678, 74K)

it all makes sense now

Left is unironically a massive improvement over right

ok, i am mad...... almost really mad..... at the point of putting my self on god mode......

Attached: super-saiyan-2-goku.jpg (1080x720, 55K)

and make people suffer when i start to have a lot of money in the bank.... and i don' share it with no one.....

Attached: Well, Patten king still being the patter king.jpg (670x377, 99K)

From what you've posted, it looks more lik MSI IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

>almost
So based AMD went out of their way and spent extra funds to deliver? What's the catch?

Maybe they could cut down on the useless bloat, instead of cutting out features?

came in to see the poorfag cope.
wasn't disappointed.

> According to MSI representatives active on the forum, the capacity of the SPI flash EEPROM chip that stores the motherboard UEFI firmware is woefully limited to cram in the AGESA ComboAM4 1.0.0.3a microcode on many of its motherboards.
So basically, it's an MSI problem.

God damn why are x570 mobos so expensive. Cheapest is 199€ where I live.

but 2020 support bros... 2020 supah powah bros...

>2019
>we finally reached the point at which even the BIOS is bloated beyond repair

>bios = driver
go BE/retarded somewhere else

>fill bios with fancy images and shit
>complain about size limitation
amazing, MSI.

They had to fit the Netflix client.