Okay so hear me out

Okay so hear me out.

There's rumors that the next Surface line is going to run on AMD's hardware.

Does that mean that microsoft is FINALLY just going to put full windows 10 on the next xbox, that can use a controller UI, or just full windows.

And make the Surface something of a Switch competitor in the process? Like have the surface be the 720p/1080p xbox, and have the home console be more expensive and 4k focused?

I also really want an AMD surface in general, so I can make a thinkpad case for it.

Attached: AMD surface.jpg (675x639, 130K)

Microsoft would never stop using Intel. Why would they switch to inferior hardware? Keep living in your fantasy land, AMDroid.

Ryzen 3000 just destroyed intel in every category, except the 9900K which gets like 10fps more in gaming at a higher price. Also thunderbolt finally got open sourced kind of.

>inb4 $3000

I had a surface pro 3 with the i5 playing minecraft windows 10 edition in the same room as new laptop with a ryzen 2600U also playing the same game with the same exact map loaded. The older surface pro 3 had farther draw distance and higher FPS. On paper this shouldnt be possible so we just blamed AMD drivers. Anyway i was very disappointed in mobile ryzen’s capability

>There's rumors that the next Surface line is going to run on AMD's hardware.
Ryzen Apus are one generation behind. The 3000 APUs are just Zen+, not zen 2

Mobile ryzen is kinda shit though

Picasso surface is coming, as well as Chromebook

You're supposed to mod minecraft to run better?

Also did the AMD laptop only have single channel memory?

I would hope microsoft is smart enough to wait for mobile Zen 2 chips if they do use it.

It obviously scales, especially on the graphics side.

>I would hope microsoft is smart enough to wait for mobile Zen 2 chips if they do use it.
Then they'll be waiting until at least Q2 2020.

The only two things that's shit any more on mobile AMD chips is they're stuck with GCN bull shit and they don't have Intels P-state power efficiency.

RDNA fixes the first one. And the second could all be made moot with some hardware tweaking.

Except intel destroys amd in low power laptop cpus, which is what the surface is.

You can’t mod Minecraft bedrock edition. Its not the shit java edition, the bedrock edition runs amazing by default. As for the other specs of the laptop, I don’t have a clue. It had 8GB of RAM, thats all i bothered checking. Just sorta disappointing because the hardware was 4 years newer and had better cooling than the surface tablet.

AMD can quite easily make 15-25W CPUs as well, and already do with Ryzen mobile, they just need Zen 2 to really compete, and I hope they're using RDNA as well instead of GCN in the next line of APUs.

Theres a big gap between idle power consumption between Intel and AMD. AMD uses 7W on idle, while Intel is 0.4W.
Intel uses a fuckton more on load though.

It looks like that edition of minecraft has issues in general, it may have been a windows update issue, or potentially some setting somewhere tanking performance for the AMD set up. Even people with RX 480s seem to have some issues.

That seems like something that could be fixed fairly easily?

Also AMD has Radeon Chill, which has been really great in single player games on my RX 580, and seems very useful on mobile. Also with that new up scaling feature they have, you can get more fps without losing much image quality.

>Does that mean that microsoft is FINALLY just going to put full windows 10 on the next xbox
I don't think you realized you have it backwards. MS is going to turn W10 into an Xbox.

Stick to /v/, kid.

>Does that mean that microsoft is FINALLY just going to put full windows 10 on the next xbox, that can use a controller UI, or just full windows.
The best you could get is locked down windows rt style OS. If you can run unsigned code that will lead to piracy.

They seem entirely focused on the xbox game pass now, so that's unlikely to be an issue.

Also you still have to pay for xbox live probably