Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: Tomoko2.png (727x593, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ik
mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab
sourceware.org/binutils/docs/as/Comm.html
mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide/CommandsAndArguments#Scripts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What would be the way to declare section for uninitialized data in AT&T syntax? I know that in Intel syntax I just do
section .bss
; uninitialized data goes here
un_data1 resb 8
un_data2 resw 1
; etc.

but how to do that in AT&T syntax?

I need to update my bios twice because I'm 36 versions behind. They updated qflash in the penultimate update so the latest update says I need to flash that first then flash the latest version for ryzen 3000 support. So can I skip all the previous versions, flash f31 then flash f40 using qflash? Board is a Gigabyte Ab350 gaming.

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-171328_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg (697x340, 44K)

sounds like it

I want to sign up to Telegram with a burner number, but in this country all phone number have to be registered. Is there any way around this?
There are plenty of sites for receiving SMS verification codes, but wouldn't I basically be leaving the keys to my account in a public place if I used those? Is there a way to change my number to random digits without re-verifying after signup?

How to completely close down a child window in wpf?

i wanna fug tomoko

For someone who doesn't get visitors, is storing passwords locally (say, on a fucking notebook like an old man) the safest thing?

What are the differnces between a motherboard chipset and CPU proccessor drivers? do I have to install both from AMD or the motherboard's manufactor website?

Attached: 1554541901074.png (667x244, 12K)

I don't know how your computer is running without those but I would get them from the motherboard's website if anywhere.

Both are the same when it comes to Ryzen/AMD.

anyone knows ublock origin trainwreck syntax?their documetantion has been helpless.

i need to do cosmetic filtering
>mail.google.com##p.MsoNormal:style(font-size: 0 !important)

but only on pages with >mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ik
and not on pages with >mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab
if i could analyze the page before applying cosmetic filtering ( reading if the name of the email contains certain text) that would be even better.

one of my buddies got a server for completely free from his work, its a optiplex 740. We both know little to nothing about servers so could someone give me a little rundown of the power and possibilities that we could do with it.

It probably makes a good doorstop.

What is a computer's worst bottleneck holding back the prformance of a really fast NVMe SSD? How can said bottleneck be minimised?

I set up a network printer. I have wangblows running in the living room for gaymen & movietime, and that piece of shit can print pictures just fine. However comma, gentoo running on Thinkcentre prints 500 pages of binary instead of images, and wastes all of my goddamn ink in the process because I bought an inkjet in current year like a faggot would.

Does this sound like a driver issue?

>printer = "EPSON WF-2760"

I keep seeing this filename format "Screenshot_20190708-22195(...).png", but I don't use anything other than scrot on pc with my own unique filename so I'd like to ask is anybody willing to tell me what kind of posters I am dealing with here?

Any utility that lets me search the AUR for files like pacman -Fs or apt-file would for their respective repositories?

The PCIe connection.
>how to minimize
You can't. NVMe is the best solution so far.
Unless your NVMe is running slower than expected.

you could put files on it

You are literally doing nothing on your system that is going to hit maximum performance of an nvme

Nah the stats are fine. I guess I should have phrased it like this instead "what part of a computer might lead to it being unable to take full advantage of NVMe speeds". In which case the answer would still be the same I assume.
Well thanks for the answer. Guess there really isn't much you can even do aside from buying a really good motherboard and even then it's probably no guarantee either

How do I write a nodejs script to post to Jow Forums from the terminal.
Do I just analyze the POST request and spoof it? (pretend the captcha doesn't exist)

Now lets say that I fetched Jow Forums data with the script, then fed that data to a html page served from the script... could I relay the captcha through this somehow?
Has anyone tried this?
And what would this be called, a Jow Forums client?
(if you hate nodejs, pretend we're using python, if you hate python, choose anything)

The general idea is I want to write my own frontend for Jow Forums browsing and posting... and use nodejs or python as the backend for conducting that data.
I understand that this could also be done with a grease/tampermonkey script.

I'm on my way to make an 3700x build, but worried about all those RGB bullshit that comes with mobo, ram, cpu cooler and the gpu. It can be all disable in the BIOS, without the need of installing some of those bloatware aplications?

Jesus, I just want an working computer, not an fucking xmas tree.

Attached: 6uvgl1mg8ttz.jpg (3264x2448, 1.11M)

how do I recode a video stream into a VP8 webm using youtube-dl?

using --recode-video webm recodes a vp9 file, and Jow Forums doesn't support those.

Attached: youtube-dl-icon.png (256x256, 10K)

If you need even more speed then you could use a RAM drive. Of course, it's volatile memory, so it isn't all-purpose.

I doubt the motherboard is going to make a difference unless you get some no-name ultra-budget board.

I ran out of HDD bays and am just going to stick a HDD to the bottom of my case with double sided tape. Is this a bad idea?

i don't understand what exactly you want to know, there are plenty of screenshot tools that can add the date/time/windowtitle or whatever to the filename automatically. you usually can define the pattern yourself, are you asking which software uses the pattern you posted by default? why would you care which software someone used to take a screenshot? is this some us versus them autism

Attached: 2019-07-09.png (842x96, 7K)

you can configure scrot to use any filename pattern you like

so since around yesterday replies in threads started looking like this as opposed to just being sorted by date
what's up with that?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1005, 323K)

You probably already were experimenting with gcc -S, but if not you should have found out about the .comm directive which reserves a certain number of bytes (with an optional alignment) for a "common symbol" which is automatically placed into the BSS section.
sourceware.org/binutils/docs/as/Comm.html
There's also the complementary .lcomm directive for local storage which doesn't automatically make the symbol global, although gcc seems to prefer to emit .local + .comm for a static variable instead.

Attached: a.png (277x243, 18K)

disable quote threading in Jow Forums x

You accidentally turned on threading in Jow Forums X. You can turn it off in the (quick-)settings.
It's most likely because of the default crammed hotkeys where the feature is bound to Shift+T.

If I want a load balancer for 2 Internet services, one fiber and the other TV cable. Am I supposed to get a balancer that has one fiber and one cable port, or just one with Ethernet ports and conect it to one Ethernet in either gateway? In other words, the load balancer goes under the gateways, or instead of the gateways?

are randomly generated phonetic passwords too unsafe? I'm looking to update passwords for all of my stupid service provider shit (google, microsoft, etc)

I made a LinkedIn account a few weeks ago just to secure the user name. But I later realized that for every single fucking week on the dot since creating the account, it sends me a fucking email asking if I know someone I know irl.

Maybe I'm retarded but i felt pretty much doxxed here, so I logged in to disable "allow others to find me via my email" or whatever in settings. But I still received another such email on the dot last night. Are these emails just going to be telling EVERYONE I know that I have a LinkedIn account every week for the rest of my life?????

>makes LinkedIn account
>doesn't want to be linked in
What were you expecting?

consent

you agreed to the ToS by creating an account

I may have fucked up
>remember two years ago when humble bundle offered a whole array of magix software including vegas pro 14?
yeah, well I can't find my receipt, can't find any codes or anything it's all gone
I still have my vegas pro 14 and all the photo related software but can't access anything else nor if my laptop goes to shit can I transfer it to some other pc
>is there a way to get the keys back?
>can I atleast get keys for stuff that I still have installed in case of sudden laptop death?
>can I do anything of that sort with my magix account or am I royally fucked by my sheer idiocy?

Attached: a7bfa238db0723a9e9583b4d786b8bee.jpg (500x700, 66K)

tyty

You don't know how to greentext. You're very clearly new. Give the laptop back Jamal.

This is so fucking slimy. Fuck off.

The actual way to handle this is to explicitly say "kek, we're telling everyone who has you in their contacts that you made an account, every single week since you made the account. And you can't opt out of this"

The specific circumstances are I was using this email for shitty retard purposes since I was 12. But I made a business email using my real name when I was 17. This is the shitty retard email that's now being violently associated with my real life again after eight years because people didn't remove me from contacts.

Again, it's just slimy behavior. You can't retroactively say "lel it's not dishonest if you didn't read the shit no person of sound mind would ever read"

>Fuck off.
You seem to have forgotten that this is 4channel, not LinkedIn. You're complaining in the wrong site. You fuck off. Nobody here can do anything to change your situation.

Congratulations on reading the first paragraph and getting triggered instead of using your words to justify your dumb nigger jew opinions, friendo

>You can't retroactively say "lel it's not dishonest if you didn't read the shit no person of sound mind would ever read"
and you can't retroactively complain about something you agreed to
if you don't like the ToS... create your own linkedin

why are you getting angry at me for telling you that you're responsible for your own actions?

Attached: oh boy wat.png (369x506, 360K)

truthfully after 7 years I still have no clue how to greentext, I just use it to cut off different segments of the post instead of reddit spacing

I tried getting help in /fglt/ but no one's replying. This should be an easy fix.

So I'm following the guide here
>mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide

I got to the section on scripts
>mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide/CommandsAndArguments#Scripts

I accidentally ran the command
$ bash myscript

Without creating a "myscript" file. I started getting this error message on startup:

bash: PATH-/home/vladimir/bin:/home/vladimir/.local/bin:/home/vladimir/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin: No such file or directory

Well, I created a "myscript" file and ran the command again in hopes that it would solve the problem as a temp fix until I learn more about bash... and I still get the same message. I would like to make this ugly error message stop appearing on startup. Any quick fixes?

>truthfully after 7 years I still have no clue how to greentext
they're just quotes, see?
on Jow Forums also fine for recollection (greentext stories)
don't use them for questions

the first paragraph in your post doesn't invalidate anything this guy said it may be 'fucking slimy', but neither me nor the other guy did anything to cause this situation.
linkedin made the 'slimy' rules. YOU mindlessly agreed to those rules. neither me nor the other user could have done anything to prevent this.
are you fucking high? consider sudoku

Attached: lisa.png (189x188, 48K)

I assume keeping torrented files that you seed to other users is really gonna mess up an SSD, right? I think you gotta put that shit on an HDD for sure.

Things generally don't work the former way. You have some kind of media converters for WAN connections and everything beyond that point is generally copper or fiber Ethernet.

You only have to make the passwords longer. One random consonant has about as much entropy as two random vowels (4.4 vs 4.6 bits). A password of the CVVCVVCVVCVV format is a little less safe than one consisting of 8 truly random letters.
Still, a password manager with a strong master passphrase is a lot more feasible.

No. If you're only reading it doesn't matter. Writting is what matters.

ssd's have limited writes, not limited reads. seeding a file that's already on your ssd will not shorten its lifespan and ssd's are usually more durable than hdd's unless you abuse the shit out of them (which shouldn't be an issue for home users).
it doesn't really matter what drive you put your torrents on

please be patient, it's hard for me to think inside the box

Attached: marcus.png (331x465, 305K)

It's ok, we all have brain issues here.

Modern SSDs can take way more writes than you're actually going to use, so literally do whatever the fuck you want.

Well would you look at that. Guess that all-out SSD setup might become a reality after all. Thanks guys

Sounds like you typed in the bottom part but with a typo (PATH-… instead of PATH=…).
Just open the bash initialization file in an editor (e.g. nano ~/.bashrc) and remove the last line. Or this command should do the same thing as well:
sed -i '/^PATH-/d' "$HOME/.bashrc"
Note that /home/vladimir/bin is already among the colon-separated directories your distribution adds to the PATH variable, so this step was superfluous anyway.

you can have it today if you either don't need much space, or you you can afford it either way
all that's left really is price per volume, that is, hdd's are still cheaper for the same amount of space

My problem with password managers is cross platform / software compatibility shit and the fact some require a paid subscription. I guess I'll try something random enough.

Either flac (the lossless kind, no idea what lossy flac is), or opus in my opinion.

Any experience getting them on ebay? It sounds like it might be asking for trouble, but I believe sometimes people just change their minds and then sell stuff that's still sealed for pretty good prices. I would have to be careful about the warranty I guess

Hi. I'm having an issue with my Win10 install.
Sometimes, immediatly after I log in, my computer becomes unresponsive. My desktop icons don't show up and when I hover the taskbar with my mouse, the pointer appears busy. Ctrl+Alt+del doesn't work. I cannot do anything. The only temporary solution is to unplug the computer and reboot, then it usually goes smoothly, even if the issue can sometimes reappear after the reboot. Has anyone an idea on how to solve this?
Thanks

What programmers are the most intelligent? And which are the richest ones?

>most intelligent
The most competent ones.
>the richest
The least competent ones.

eh, idk, sounds like an easy way to get chinked

What happens if you wait a while?

could be one of many different things, either hardware or software. i'd try the following:
>try windows in safemode to see if the problem persists
>disable unnecessary autostarts
>check hdd smart values (for example with crystal disk info)
>defragment hdd
>run sfc /scannow or DISM to fix potentially corrupted systemfiles
>update drivers or revert to okder drivers that worked in the past
>run malware scan
>run memtest to check the ram for errors
>try using system restore and reset to a point from before the issue first occurred
>backup important files or create an image of the system partition, then reinstall windows

>which software uses the pattern you posted by default?
yes
>is this some us versus them autism
yes

I'm thinking of uprgrading my i3-6100 to an ryzen 5 2600, I'll also need a new motherboard for it. Is this a good idea, and do i have to reinstall gnu/linux and wangblows? Using it for vidya

Has Firefox suddenly become much worse for anybody else?
Ever since last week, Firefox has been running like molasses, especially during video playback. It's taking a lot of CPU power, too. Anyone else on Linux having this problem. I don't think it's an extension because I switched to private mode with extensions off and it was the same.

I have a habit of highlighting random text on a page while I read it. When I do this on Jow Forums there's a chance I'll drag and drop a random image which will open it like when you select "View Image."
What's weird about this is that it happens when I drag a random part of the page, not over an image at all, and usually the image is something I expanded a while ago but isn't visible on the current page at all.
Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know why this occurs?

The web in general has been slow as shit for me lately. Not sure if it's just my ISP or if it's connected to the big DDoS attacks that have been going on against services like cloudflare.

You'll definitely see an improvement on performance. Whether that particular CPU is worth it is subjective. You may be able to upgrade to a different intel CPU without changing the motherboard.
It might not be 100% required to reinstall your OS since Linux is pretty good at drivers despite the memes, but it would be a good idea. For windows you absolutely will have to.

It's working fine for me in other browsers, just FF that is fucking up. I don't want to give up on FF but Moz has been fucking up so bad the past two years I might bite the bullet and go for PaleMoon or something.

>front panel audio
pleb bitch

python chads
python chads

c virgins are the dumbest and poorest

okay, thank you for this. Want to try using an AMD and on a budget. Will prepare some backups just in case.

It stays frozen, but I'll try to wait more if this happens.

Thank you for the hints. I already tried some of your steps but I'll try the rest.

>school eats three transcripts
>Sits around for a month
>Waits until the day after registration closes to finally unlock me
>Refuses to let me register despite being waiting on them the entire time
College pisses me off so much to be so expensive and have me always encounter some type of incredible bullshit. Is CE even worth pursuing anyway? I've spent more time trying to be registered than even being in classes at this point. Should I just get a two year degree and fuck off from the university system for good? For reference, it's been five years and since I can't actually afford school, I've only been able to properly attend for two.

how should I avoid recusive free calls on tree data structure?
since I want to free it all at once, something like arena would be nice, but I might want to free some on other occasions
removing the recursion would require stack to collect all nodes and then free them from stack, or redundant parent pointer in node struct
fuck it I love garbage collection now

Attached: recursive_free.png (396x713, 41K)

What's the cheapest 2080 laptop?

Is frankenpad worth it?

Does 12" x220 play x265/HEVC without lagging?

Which company is least pajeet?

Best way to study for a 70-483 C# Microsoft certification?

Could I use a 4K tv as a monitor (playing 4k movie files) even if my computer isn't strong enough to play them normally?

Attached: 1548008598314.jpg (960x720, 89K)

My laptop's motherboard died, so I bought a new laptop.

The SSD on the old laptop has Microsoft Office, a copy of Windows 10, and all my files. How do I transfer these things to new computers? I already have an enclosure for the SSD. Do I have to boot from usb in the bios in order to gain access to everything on the SSD?

Attached: dwight.jpg (245x225, 10K)

TVs aren't ideal as monitors (sleep/wake, response time ext) but they do work. Your computer won't get more powerful because a tv is attached.

You can either pop the SSD in and hope windows adjusts to the new hardware, or you can copy off the files to something else, clean install windows, and then copy shit back and reinstall everything.

there's algorithms to delete a tree in O(1) space, I don't remember the name rn

i've been using the emptystandbylist task scheduler thing for muh l33t gaming experience, i'm very happy to report it works, however i do wonder if it can or will have an adverse affect outside of gaming? should i worry about it?

I got a superblock error on my HDD. I've tried every solution out there but no avail.
If I don't care about the content of said HDD, will full-formatting it fix the error? Full-format as in not the quick-format thing.

Attached: 1536135299999.jpg (548x661, 68K)

Use ffmpeg. Or if you're on windows, webmforretards.

Is there any problem in using an NAS or Surveillance HDD on my PC just for data storage? Here is hard do find a WD Blue of 4 TB, but the Red an Purple ones is everywhere

Attached: nino.gif (495x525, 226K)