Android collects data even when denied access

Lagdroids BTFO
cnet.com/news/more-than-1000-android-apps-harvest-your-data-even-after-you-deny-permissions/

Post your excuses and COPE

Attached: PartialScreenshot_20190709-141543.png (1440x1217, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/adamsarhan/2017/12/22/planned-obsolescence-apple-is-not-the-only-culprit/
developer.android.com/about/dashboards
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-accused-of-illegal-data-collection-spying-and-data-theft/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, Android is a bigger shithole than an Indian street. Big surprise. Apple is somewhat less bad, but by no means good. the only winning move is not to play: Whatever it is you're doing, don't do it on a phone. Leave the thing at home when you go out if you have to have it at all. Treat it like a landline.

I can't. All mobile OS's are various degrees of shit. But at least I don't have any proprietary apps installed so maybe I didn't get spied on.

>The update will address the issue by hiding location information in photos from apps and requiring any apps that access Wi-Fi to also have permission for location data, according to Google.
Interesting fucks.
So what I'm thinking here is that an app you gave camera permissions to (but denied location permission) would take a photo and check the photo EXIF for location data, or just check photos in storage for location EXIF data.
Also just generally working out location from the detected IP when you're connected to a WIFI network (which can be very inaccurate).

ANDREETS BTFO

Attached: iChad destroys Satania.gif (480x286, 3.03M)

> Apple is somewhat less bad
Not really, it just makes it even harder to see what's actually going on.

And Apple arguably secured a lot more noprivacy conditions in their EULA and license for themselves, too.

DELET SIRS

Attached: aaaaaa.png (813x1402, 250K)

Based
Seethe and cope

What are we gonna do bros...: Appul is winnin.....

Attached: android_wojak_knowyourmeme_www.9gag.com.jpg (2048x2048, 400K)

BASED

So, this is the power of linux on mobile.

Lineage is just as vulnerable.

More like we need Apple to not completely die even if it costs some technologically incompetent grandma's wallet, Android is better off not being completely a monopoly (it's almost too close already).

I made a futanari shared folder on google drive (so I dont have to constantly sync manually between mobile and PC) fuck privacy and fuck google

Do not worry Droidbros, we will destroy Apple and the white devils that infest our world.

BHARAT MATA KI JAI
INDIA AND GOOGLE NUMBER ONE

Attached: android india is very best shirt .jpg (480x480, 21K)

>so I dont have to constantly sync manually between mobile and PC
If you ever want to unbotnet yourself, grab syncthing (or synctrayzor on Windows).

So it's mostly nothing. Location EXIF is usually off by default, and privacy-conscious people turn it off.

And IP geolocation only gives you roughly what part of the country you're in

B&R

how will droidjeets ever recover

I don't care. I would rather still use Android smartphones than than pay more for a brand name iPhone. And there's no way in hell I will ever use a Microfail Windows phone.

Attached: android chrome.png (524x299, 62K)

There are other things as well, like applications buddying off other applications to get data.

Fuck bros......Just threw away my street phone & got myself a iPhone XS max. You all lied to me.

Attached: IMG_1338.png (205x246, 11K)

t. Street shitting Andjesh

Attached: 155F72B6-FC9B-453A-8529-F953C8622042.jpg (1378x1008, 349K)

> Not using lineage
> Thinking apple is any better

t. Siphoned student loans to pay for new iphone

deleeeeeeeeeeet

Attached: 6E8EAF17-BDCE-4624-AB36-35098F25D812.jpg (2048x2048, 394K)

>applel makes a oopsi
>iPajeets BTFO
>android makes a oopsi
>Andreets BTFO
Why don't fat-ass amerimutts take a blame for themselves for their own bullshit controversies/drama and gutter decisions? Delusional way to cope desu

Attached: 990a31_4668501.jpg (960x720, 101K)

spotted the andreet

Seeeething

>iToddler spreading fud

>Anjeet shitting the street

forbes.com/sites/adamsarhan/2017/12/22/planned-obsolescence-apple-is-not-the-only-culprit/

>Apple just got smacked with a class action lawsuit after the tech giant admitted it slowed down older iPhones. This act is also known as planned obsolescence. Wikipedia defines planned obsolescence (or built-in obsolescence) as: "in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete (that is, unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time."
>For years, I've noticed that every time a new iPhone (or iPad) is released Apple "releases" new software and makes your life miserable if you don't "upgrade." Based on my own personal experience (I only have common sense, no scientific proof. So take what I'm about to say as one "users" opinion), Microsoft, and a slew of other companies (too long to mention in this article) do it as well.

PINEPHONE WILL SAVE US!!!!
GO LINUX!!!

Wow look at that, Andjeets do exactly the same shit to sell more devices.

BUT IDODDLURES BEEDEEFFOO AMIRITE

Attached: IMG_7331.jpg (1242x1998, 1.15M)

I don't even own a phone.

Attached: Bin that phone.jpg (590x384, 123K)

It's the same for iPhone but at least with android you get f droid

Attached: DeTxGU0AAH1F3.jpg (1536x2048, 514K)

>Google says a fix won’t come until Android Q.

Oof. There are more people still using Lollipop (14.5%), released all the way back in 2014, than there are using Pie (10.4%).

developer.android.com/about/dashboards

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-09 Distribution dashboard Android Developers(1).png (910x1117, 86K)

Who here /gingerbread/

>implying Samsung is the only manufacturer of android devices

Attached: 08-11-Trump-Wrong.jpg (456x377, 109K)

Shit the street pajeet

Attached: 50A25446-3FF2-4472-B838-79C2A65147BF.jpg (1242x1897, 925K)

still rocking the original galaxy tab on AOSP gingerbread

>running stock android with all the loopholes
>not running AOSP or other roms
>implying implications

Attached: 1409930212513.jpg (496x514, 40K)

>Anjeet spreading shit on the street

Windows Phones didn't have this problem.

Attached: nokia-price-cut-635.jpg (635x398, 125K)

>honk honk
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-accused-of-illegal-data-collection-spying-and-data-theft/

Windows phones probably had ads in the main view just like the start menu in W10

There's always Librem, but it's probably "too slow" for most zoomer Jow Forumsadgetfags who do all their computing on their mobile phones.

Attached: librem.png (421x881, 276K)

when is it going to be out anyway?

Well yeah, no apps - no problems

"Q3 2019"

Who cares? It's just more open source garbage that will claim it is secure because it can in theory be audited. In reality it never will be, and probably has tons of upstream backdoors courtesy of the nsa. I guess the physical switch for the radio is nice, but it still has binary blobs so it's all worthless anyway

I like the idea, I hate being stuck on android where the only way to control my device is to install some bug riddled ROM off of xda. The only problem is it almost certainly won't be able to run proprietary social media apps that are necessary if you want to interact with other people (e.g. Whatsapp, IG) not to mention apps for services (train ticket app, public transport app, banking app, paytv apps, etc)

It's literally linux with some phone-friendly UI workarounds. You can always run them on browsers.
>apps for services
My dude, why would you even run Purism if you're going to use privacy-destroying apps? That's like running noscript and then allowing scripts globally.

Oh it's just malware apps...
I thought you meant the system itself.
So don't download maleware apps?

>You can always run them on browsers.
Yes, but it's much less convenient, especially on a phone with limited display space when you account for the keyboard.
>privacy-destroying apps
I accept that some services are going to have access to my private data. If I can limit that data invasion to when I have to use those apps I am ok with it.
Whenever I can avoid using the apps I will (e.g. streamlink + scripts to rip paid video streams using authentication) but things such as my banking app allow me to authenticate online transactions, public transport apps allow me to buy and authenticate tickets. These things are not possible within a browser (at least not with the services I currently use)

And yet you come from a country that doesn't make ANY smartphones! :^)

Attached: DB78433D-33FA-40BB-AC17-7058AC48733A.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

based

*blocks ur path*

Attached: file.png (180x180, 9K)

google are a bunch of niggers. i have literally all my privacy options set, and they collect my ass still. i once went to another city that i only visited once in my life (with my phone turned off during the whole trip) and came back in the same day, but while i was there i had to make ONE call, i turned it on for maybe 10 minutes, and when i arrived home i checked something on the web through that same smartphone (it had no ad block) and it showed adds for that city

Fucking Christ. I bet it was either
>GPS module stays powered on even if you turn the pohne off
or
>You used credit card or other tracking shit and the Jewgle sucked up that data like a whore and serving you "tailored" ads
Regardless of what it was, it's fucking disgusting. Too bad our government is too fucking cucked to do anything to regulate these whores.

Attached: a8f084115e480c2c.png (960x1707, 630K)

>meanwhile in iShit
There's just no fucking escape.

Attached: 1562695871998.png (666x1400, 565K)

That's what you get for using proprietary software.

Nah, it's because he made that 1 call which logged the towers of being in another city.

They didn't
T. Used one for 4 years

"when mom says its okay to come out"

Big oof.

BASED

samfagging your own post 10 times
back to your shitting street ijeet

xprivacy and problem solved

pebkac

So do iOS apps. So it comes down to whether you want a crap or a turd.