Why can't I overclock for shit? Have I lost the silicon lottery? Fuck

Why can't I overclock for shit? Have I lost the silicon lottery? Fuck

Attached: ryzen-5-3600.jpg (1280x960, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2019/03/29/intels-new-r0-stepping-9th-gen-cpus-will-crash-windows-10-without-new-bios-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>POOZEN

post pictures op

Still better than whatever Intel has at this price point

I already returned to stock. I could only get it to 4.1GHz with 1.4v and shit was getting hot as fuck

>Why can't
>Have I

>N-N-No... I already r-returned it...
The absolute STATE of coping Intcels. Truly an embarrassment.

is your RAM at least running at the infinity fabric's potential?

reeeee why it does not manually oc more on 65w than it does automatically in 2019

Sir pls buy good radeon and ryzen very good leading performance please cpnsider

you seem emotionally involved

what's your cooling like?

Zen 2 is pretty much maxed out out of the box on the X series. Runs into a hard wall at 4.2ish ghz just like it's other brethen.

Have you updated your BIOS? Also PBO + auto OC seems to get better results.

Attached: AMDMSIfirmwareupdateboostchanges.png (1496x950, 74K)

monetarily involved*

Intel fanboys are mentally ill. Not memeing.

Attached: 1560272812074.jpg (480x853, 141K)

I wouldn't expect any oc headroom on the first run of a new process, the gains generally come in the refinement (7nm+) It's possible that the limit is due to early agesa for zen2 and an update will unlock more potential, or maybe the good bins are being held for the 3950x but right now amd isn't selling a crippled chip that requires weaponized autism to make work properly.

There's not any headroom left. Best to leave at stock and undervolt.

>Have I lost the silicon lottery?
Yes, by buying Zen 2 to OC it after virtually all reviewers were unable to get any usable OC/killing their CPUs trying

7nm performs worse than expected and these things come maxed out out of the factory.

You don't have a zen2. You're a shill. See Same shitty bait/shill thread.

Expected by whom? You?

But yeah. It was clear since 2000-series that there would be no more OCing.

And here I was thinking that the things that ultimately matter are how much performance you get, and how much you pay for it.

Expected by AMD. These chips could clock higher but apparently the dielectric craps out past 1.32V.

They are more or less maxed right out of the box. Just enable the automatic overclocking (think its called PBO or something) and thats it.

>POOZEN

t. seething inlet

Still nice 15% jump from pic related. It virtually matches the $400 i7-8700K and even outperforms it after you fully apply the 30+ security mitigations.

btw has zombieland/MDS been fully resolved with soft/bios mitigation are ate you cucks just completely shutting down hyperthreading altogether?

Attached: ZomboDroid 07072019101105.jpg (1324x3330, 457K)

I think only 9600K, 9700K and 9900K can leave HT enabled.

>Expected by whom? You?
Nearly everyone here given how many people got caught on the AutismTV bait

do this OP

>Anime nigger
>calling anyone mentally ill
Dilate

>forgot pic

Attached: this.png (1412x754, 237K)

MDS has been hardware fixed with R0 stepping.

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2019/03/29/intels-new-r0-stepping-9th-gen-cpus-will-crash-windows-10-without-new-bios-update/

kek, it's just one farce after another

Zen 2 is literally the double clutch transmission of CPU clocks. The software does a better job at clocks than you ever could, especially when you go at it with Intel jarhead methods of all core brute force.

Have sex.

Not return CPU, he went to stock clock speeds dingus

this tends to happen with very small chips

harder to cool since less surface area

>but right now amd isn't selling a crippled chip that requires weaponized autism to make work properly.
Tell that to systemd-based Linux distros, or the idiots wanting to play Destiny 2.

Delid and dilate

And don't forget your XE GPU AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What's the rundown on destiny 2

Update BIOS.

It just hangs when running on Zen2 lol.

>POOZEN

>all these shills ITT
Pathetic. Even without overclock that thing still outperform whatever Intel has on this price range and even some more expensive CPUs.

Probably just a fuck up on their side, just like when Valve managed to make CS GO only work on Nvidia GPUs for a week.

update your bios

100% of people affected are on Zen2. It's AMD's fuckup.

>0.002Mhz have been deposited in your processor

100% of people affected by the CS GO issue were on non Nvidia GPUs too. And that's the only program that is broken, so it's clearly not AMD's fault. Bungie already said they found a solution and they are working on it tho

What is PBO?
>(PBO + AutoOC)

>Not return CPU, he went to stock clock speeds dingus
well then oc it again, aye?

get a better cooler

>Why can't I overclock for shit? Have I lost the silicon lottery? Fuck
Nope. You just lost the game

precision boost overdrive.
it's automatic overclocking by the cpu itself.
it clocks further if it's cooler, so maybe try setting a slight negative offset voltage?

"precision boost overclock"
boost beyond specs when conditions are meet
with a good mobo, a good chip and some tuning it's the best performance you can get out the chip (better multiplier oc)

meant to write (better "than" multiplier oc)

>poozen

Not OP but this is my 3600 running all stock with stock cooler running prime95 small ffts

Attached: a0b3c373568b83ce538419e332144205.png (1659x982, 591K)

nub question, i have 3200MHz ram, can i overclock it to 3400MHz?

Attached: R20.jpg (1644x795, 376K)

So AMD is a housefire now to since they finally fixed their AVX instructions. Makes sense

The stock cooler is fine for gayming but i recommend getting something like a 212 Evo. I have a 212 Evo but it's just not compatible and I can't find any upgrade kits which I heard suck.

i was planning on getting a kraken x62 cause it looks cool AF and a 3700x. you think overkill?

>lose silicon lottery
>can't oc
>win silicon lottery
>still can't oc

thanks amd

>1.4V
Do NOT run Zen 2 beyond 1.325V, 7nm safe voltage is lower than 14/12nm. Anything beyond 1.325V will degrade your chip fast. Higher voltages are only safe from the PBO for momentary loads, not sustained loads.

>1,4v
You're doing it wrong. Let PBO etc do it's thing. No point in trying to OC these chips.

>POOZEN

Attached: 1541470711339.gif (402x308, 12K)

LOL
>1.4VOLTS
>7NM
jesus christ
try 3volts

Penis head

That's all you have? Lame.