/spg/ - Smartphone General

Maki a cute edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1489310908518.gif (500x281, 474K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_pad_4_plus-9295.php
ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-64GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-18-6GB-RAM-Black-Blue-Red-Global/192640308552?epid=15024255658&hash=item2cda41d548:m:mN_BRTmWn7qB_SHBQuA9lKA
developers.google.com/android/ota
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OnePlus 7 BRO
it is for you PRO

Attached: gsmarena_001 (1).jpg (799x1200, 144K)

My dog just chewed up my lg v20 recommend me a good phone that'll work on us cellular

What's your budget and what features do you want?

Xiaomi 9T for better battery life than the 9T Pro bc Im not a gamer.
What are the pros in the Redmi k20 Pro?

Attached: 1561902403287.jpg (1024x1024, 76K)

>message Motorola Customer Service help with a question
>get no reply for a week
>get a feedback survey sent to me
>respond, give it low score because i didn't even get a reply
>to the question of "What could we do next time to make your experience even (lol) better?", I respond "actually reply"
>2 days later finally receive a response, asking for my name and IMEI so they can better handle my query
>I respond, and reiterate my initial question
>it's been another week
>still no reply

Attached: 1562512723027.png (236x234, 34K)

How did I do, Jow Forums?

Switching from a 4 year old 16 GB iPhone 6S my work gave me.

I can't believe I caved for a phone without a headphone jack, but I think I'll live. Everything else should be a substantial upgrade. Mainly looking for more storage, faster storage, better battery, faster charging. Sounds like the screen is beaut as well.

Attached: goodbye apple.png (620x149, 6K)

>curved samsung meme screen
that's gonna be a 'yikes' from me bro

yikes

Yeah, other than the headphone jack, that's the only other thing I'm worried about.

I'm excited to finally get to use Android and fuck around with that a bit. I'm glad it doesn't have a notch or a camera hole either.

Well done. Remember to rice it.

>chinkshit
>curved meme
>abandoning the superior iOS ecosystem
Cancel and get an XR/10

God, I want to fuck Maki. Also, I should finish Love Live.

Better camera, better processor
I fucking hate marketing and advertisment
I wonder how much they paid him just to pose with that phone

Thanks, I don't know shit about ricing it, but that's sort of why I went with the 12 GB RAM version.

Honestly, I've just outgrown all of Apple's bull shit. The phone was given to me and the only Apple product I use in their "ecosystem" is iTunes, and that is getting merged in with their Apple Music garbage. I don't stream music, I have it with me. They really haven't given me a reason to upgrade to a $1200 phone since the iPhone 6.

I broke my Pixel and the insurance deductible costs more than just buying an unlocked Amazon refurbished Pixel outright
Is there any reason I shouldn't do this? Why do people recommend new budget phones when old flagships are better and cheaper?

iTunes always makes me laugh
why pay for that shit when you can download any song you want for free?

budget 5-800, the IR blaster was convenient as fuck, but I know those are gone, other than that just a nice camera. Maybe something easy to debloat/root

BTFO

Pixel 3a is somewhat cheap (400€), has a nice camera and no bloat, but no IR blaster and somewhat underwhelming specs
OnePlus 7 (600€) has a good camera, no bloat, great performance, but no IR blaster
Mi 9 (450€) has great specs, a good camera and an IR blaster but preinstalled bloat and might not work on US cellular

all livus use sony, based

What is a decent dirt cheap (sub-$150) tablet? I intend to primarily use it to read manga. Custom ROM support is desirable, necessary if it's an older device because Tachiyomi shits itself on my 5.1 nonupgradable current tablet.

Too bad Sony is shit now and has downscaled even further.

>"Six years ago, HTC paid Robert Downey Jr. $12 million for a two-year global marketing campaign."
No wonder he likes to shill for different phone companies :^)

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_pad_4_plus-9295.php

I didn’t pay for music, just used iTunes as a way of managing my music since I don’t stream shit and >muh Apple ecosystem

I don't think so.
Their phones are fine, they have the major line of phones with AOSP roms in the main page, and in headphones they still manufacture MDR-7506, and have a noise cancelling headphone that is better than the counterpart of bose.
And the style on everything is cute

I meant the phones only. Xperia XZ2 was a pebble bodied piece of crap, XZ3 was just the same with an OLED display and the Xperia 1 is positively dogshit. XZ1 was the last good phone and even it had super chunky bezels, should have made it like the S9 phones.

I just got a brand new xz premium for $250 that arrived today. I love the style so much. Could have gotten a newer phone but meh it still has pie and whatnot.

Lucky, how'd you get it for so cheap? It's $580 here

ebay auction

I'd anything truly new happening on the smartphone front? I don't mean slightly faster processors and mechanical cameras

i guess foldable phones might be the next new meme eventually

About to buy a phone off Amazon, is pocofon still the best xiaomi meme? When is the 2nd one going out?
Budget up to 300$.

MAKI!!

Attached: maki.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Ignore him. He’s a shitposter

My wife's boyfriend's twink-toy needs a new phone. He currently has a Sony X compact whose battery is dying. Before that he had a Sony z3 compact, which he really misses.

Are there any good "small" phones on the market today? I know the xz2 has a 5 inch screen, but the bezels are ridiculous

Are you in the US? Keep in mind Pocophone doesn't work well with US carriers.

I don't use american sim cards, I'm in the US for a month or two so that doesn't bother me, just tell me what phone to buy
F1 or something else?
I don't want to import it from China, I need a phone within 3 days.

Ok, get the Pocophone then, it's still the best option under $300

Got it, thanks

XZ1 Compact

Is the rounded screen corners meme ever going to die? Every single new phone has this shit, it's so fucking ugly, all it's doing is making me hold on to my old phone even longer.

Oneplus pro or p30 pro?

OnePlus 7 Pro

I see that Amazon has a 30$ tax on pocophone f1, is there any way for me to bypass that, without reverting back to Chinese, cuz I need this phone in like 3 days?

could probably get it on ebay and pay for 1 day shipping for cheaper

>ebay
Was always scared of shopping there, is it legit?

i buy most of my electronic goods on ebay, it's honestly safer than amazon nowadays.

Is this a good choice?

ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-64GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-18-6GB-RAM-Black-Blue-Red-Global/192640308552?epid=15024255658&hash=item2cda41d548:m:mN_BRTmWn7qB_SHBQuA9lKA

My hardass (albeit autistic) LG G4 finally gave up on me after 3 years, so I need help choosing a new phone.
>Don't fuck with chinese phones or Iphones.
>Prefer to have a removable battery, unless there's a good reasoning behind having a non removable one.
Usally use the phones for chatting and making calls, listening to music and day to day apps.
If there's an user here that cares and has a phone in mind then please reply.

Attached: 1551695393335.jpg (748x748, 69K)

seems to be the best choice in regards to price+shipping

>Don't fuck with chinese phones or Iphones.
nigga wtf do you want, an alien-made phone?

Ive heard motorola is good and cheap but not even close to the top mid quality Xiaomi 9T/soon 9T Pro, which is blazing fast and works perfectly as an everyday phone/camera.

Attached: 1562247514647.png (484x395, 116K)

I meant I dont fuck with Xiaomi.
Granted, I never used one.
I just hear circlejerks against/for it and I haven't done enough research to understand the pros and cons of it.

>Don't fuck with chinese phones or Iphones
Oh boy, this again. Enjoy buying any piece of electronics ever in that case. And I'm sure your LG G4 which wasn't manufactured in China didn't die on you because of their incompetence and a bootloop. Drop the "China bad" bullshit already, you're not 80 years old.

>don't know anything about a particular manufacturer
>never used one of their phones
>naw me donts fuck with them maan
Just... Come on.

nobody makes phones with removable batteries anymore.

If you don't want a chinkphone and listen to music a lot an LG V40 is a good option. If you don't want LG then you choose between Samsung, Google or Sony.

Dont fuck with them because I dont know about them. Doesn't mean I can't turn around.

LG v40 looks dope, thanks mate.

Did it die of bootlop? Or other causes?

chinese brands like Xiaomi, 1+, Oppo are making top quality cheap phones now son, stop going to leddit. They fully charge at around 1h30 and last for around 6-8h.

Asus is taiwanese and they just announced the zenephone 6 which is better than the ilol that sheeple and pajeets buy and for half the price.

Either go with Huawei/1+ for top-end phones or Azus/Xiaomi/lenovo for extremely good mid-range phone that are very close to the top-end ones.

Attached: 1556468300867.png (2048x1536, 3.48M)

Simply stopped turning on. It happend twice before last week but mananged to recover but I knew the end was near.
Gotchu, thanks.

LG is a good option too for mid-range but they are a bit more expensive than the other brands.

>Maki a cute
Cute whore.

Is spigen good?

>tempted to sell my Poco F1 and buy a Mi 9T
Should I do it brehs

Wait for Poco F2 or Mi9T Pro

phone for my father: p30 lite or a50?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_izumi_sai__aea1d00107ef97f69b345f751d4e9e71.png (1275x886, 1.69M)

>phone that isn't gonna have Google services soon
vs
>sambloat

How about neither

Huawei and Trump are frens now

There arent even rumours about Poco 2.
The Redmi k20 Pro is the Poco 2.
The xiaomi 9T (redmik20) is the best everyday phone you can get. If youre a gamer wait for the 9T pro that should be coming soon.

whats the best iphone?

>chink phones are no good
>south korean phones are no good
who else makes decent cheap phones?

apple

Attached: 1553135672064.jpg (624x352, 19K)

A50

Motorola
Nokia

desu Xiaomi's upcoming A3 and A3 Lite will be worth the wait. Should be next month. Good specs, direct updates from Google, and for cheap.

I got a new phone and I think I have done like 16 updates so far, can they really not just do 1 big update?

Attached: 1560094395797.png (705x705, 212K)

no, upgrades MUST BE DONE SEQUENTIALLY

I don't think your new phone is very new if there's 16 updates waiting

>Buying a doorstop to read manga instead of just buying the fucking books
You're a son of a bitch I hope you know that

Attached: 75F21493-1E2E-451B-A9F6-3587A00EF690.png (1284x980, 1.76M)

I just ordered the Mi Mix 3, but I'm feeling like it will be outdated soon. Should I just get the OnePlus 7 PRO or is the curved screen that bad?

Attached: download.png (680x675, 408K)

Outdated for what? Shitposting on chinkchan?

ye its not new but its still new its a pixel2xl

Guys what would you choose between Iphone 8 and Pixel 3A provided they are the same price ?
I want something that'll last...

Attached: 1561061862869.jpg (604x453, 75K)

Pixel 3a

Just will be a nice, responsive experience to use for a while before it degrades to shit.

You could have just got the latest OTA image here and flash that to get to the latest version:
developers.google.com/android/ota

why ? Isn't Iphone 8 more powerful ?

You are retarded holy fuck

no it's not, I already told you that a few hours ago. The Pixel 3a is better. Buy the iPhone if you have to have an apple on the back of your phone but don't ask the same question over and over again

but apple iOS is better than google androids ?

Okay thanks spergo

>Xiaomi's upcoming A3 and A3 Lite
Please have B12 please have B12 please have B12

iOS is laggy as fuck compared to Android plus iPhones no longer have a lower screen latency that gave them their famous advantage, so top-tier Androids like the S10, Mi9 and P30 Pro are smoother in use.

depends on your taste
buy the one you like better
the Pixel has the better and more modern hardware

who this qt?

>Buying chinese phones
>Using chinese phones
>Recommending chinese phones

Jesus Christ.

right, how dare people buy fairly priced products!

>gets frightened when they have to consider anything other than the shit brands they've been raped into patronizing
>this animal fear turns into hatred for those who managed to overcome the chains that will hold him, dumb and satisfied, for the rest of his days

Chinese phone bad
Made in China phone with non Chinese brand good

Bros, i have to choose between the pocophone F1 and the Ipad 2018, i wish i could get both, help