What are you moving to after ERS 60 gets deprecated?

What are you moving to after ERS 60 gets deprecated?

Attached: firefox_logo-wordmark-vert_RGB-300dpi.jpg (2096x2396, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2019-06-30#Status_of_the_SeaMonkey_Source_Tree
ghacks.net/2019/07/07/firefox-68-esr-what-administrators-need-to-know/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

otter browser

Pale moon

I'm using Waterfox right now, but in case the dev becomes unable to maintain the browser I'll probably move back to Fitefox + hardened config or try ungoogled-chromium.

Probably ESR 68

I'm on ESR 52, if you're on 60, just update on 67, as you loose nothing.

just use normal firefox

SeaMonkey, Next release is going to be based on ESR60

wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2019-06-30#Status_of_the_SeaMonkey_Source_Tree

I've already moved to Safari

ESR 68

ESR 68 :)

whta's the difference between Firefox Quantum and ESR?

What even is the point of Firefox ESR?
Why would you lock yourself in some older version of Firefox that works worse than the latest stable versions and misses features too?
I don't get it.

>muh unnecessary features
kys

>>unnecessary
>performance improvements
>security updates
>updated addons

>kys
Unironically no u, you fucking retard.

The only updates ESR does not get is feature updates you fucking idiot. Why would you even make a post if you have no idea what you are even arguing for

I can't recall a feature that's landed since then that has made me think "Yeah, I want that!". Can you name some? I bet you can't, you just think "bigger number better". A new version of Firefox is "Oh, boy, I get to dig around in user.js and about:config to see what bullshit they did this time so I can turn it off". ESR works *better* than mainline because it bothers me less and causes me annoyance once a year instead of once every few weeks.

ESR gets security updates. All my addons work on it, including current versions, the webext-pocalypse is over now. Performance improvements? All this time and effort trying to optimize JS execution speed instead of just blocking the JS. The fastest code is code that never runs. What are you playing some kind of shitty web-page video games or something?

>What even is the point of Firefox ESR?
So, as I said, you intentionally lock yourself out of any performance benefit and addon update.
I'm still not seeing the benefit or advantage here.

I'll use the next ESR. Chromium forks all have shitty weird general rendering no matter what I do, terrible smooth scrolling implementations, and with fonts they're even worse. Falkon looks nice though, and I found its rendering to be much better than iridium, chromium, vivaldi etc... if only it could import passwords from firefox or chromium.

Nightly 70 is really comfy.

>terrible smooth scrolling implementations
smooth scrolling is a terrible idea, any implementation of it is terrible. At least Firefox lets you turn that shit off.

lmao, failfox trash

so does chromium..

the point is i have to deal with bullshit once a year instead of every week..

quantum update was literally nothing changed for any sane person. some context.

I'm already on Quantum, bro :^)

Yeah I know you're using other browser, but which one???

This should give you an idea, for me the lack of WebRender support on ESR68 is enough reason not to use it

ghacks.net/2019/07/07/firefox-68-esr-what-administrators-need-to-know/

Pale Moon
Sphere browser
un-Googled Chromium

i just move from ungoogled chromium to Iridium just because I have this need to have stuff updated

this, but Pale Meme instead.

>Iridium
great browser. ranked in the highest level of privacy respecting browsers by the dig deeper dude. good choice.

Came here to post this.