What framework should I use for my app and why is it Spring?

What framework should I use for my app and why is it Spring?

Attached: spring-framework.png (490x233, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted
trends.builtwith.com/framework/ASP.NET-MVC
trends.builtwith.com/framework/J2EE
trends.builtwith.com/framework/ASP.NET
similartech.com/categories/framework
techempower.com/benchmarks/
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/csharp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vert.x or btfo

Stop using the inferior language

Use C# with ASP.Net Core

Some syntactic sugar is not worth having to deal with an absolute garbage ecosystem.

use the chocolate framework to develop #starberry apps in the jump app language on the crispy stack

> create the application using the spring initializer choosing the JPA, H2, Dev and Data Rest dependencies
> choose Kotlin as the programming language
> configure H2 to work as a file based database (one line)
> declare your entities as data classes (no logic required, you literally just spell out all of the required fields)
> write the repository interfaces (one line per entity you declared)
> no need to declare controllers
> you spent 10 minutes on writing this code and your application now provides an REST/HATEOAS interface which will suffice 80% of your use cases

Spring, but with jaxrs for managing your rest endpoints. Trust me it works.

Play Framework using Scala is nice af.

The ecosystem is great

What are you talking about?

Have you actually even used it?

> my app
> pick my framework
> opinions only

Whatever you're planning to make is just going to be some useless toy. Use Flutter.

I'm going to second this.

Stop using the M$ and backdoored technologies NOW!

HATEOAS is deprecated, use gRPC or die!

is it a web app?

django

,net core and asp.net core are open source now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework
>Operating system: Windows 98 or later, Windows NT 4.0 or later

Just proved you are retarded.

.net framework is the old closed source

.net core is the new open source platform

So C# isn't cross-platfrom then?

Its been cross platform for a long time with Mono and it's true cross platform with net core, and it's open source

Why there are three different implementations (.NET Core, .NET Framework, Mono) that aren't interoperable with each other, while true cross-plarfrom ecosystems (ex. JVM) have a single environment that works the same on all platforms?

Because the original wasn't multiplat, then some guys created mono to make it multiplat then Microsoft made their official multiplatform implementation, also they bought the company who made Mono (Xamarin) and it's still the only way to make C# run on mobiles and consoles. Until they make the Core platform compatible

Spring code monkey here.
Spring sucks cock.
Use literally any other framework. Try Play with Scala or something if you HAVE to use JVM.

Dont use a framework.

hardmode servlets and vanilla jdbc only

this. Helidon is quite nice too.

Lmfao .NET Core lacks cryptographic libraries to this day.

Don't fall for the microshills on this board. They have been trying to shill .NET Core in here for over a year. Tell me, who actually uses .NET Core apart from Bing and Stackoverflow? Lmfao

>Lmfao .NET Core lacks cryptographic libraries to this day.
Don't talk about what you don't know.

Lots of companies are migrating to it since it started being cross platform, it lacked Linux support but now this isn't a problem anymore.

Imagine shilling a poo in the loo outdated lang like Java

>Lots of companies are migrating to it since it started being cross platform, it lacked Linux support but now this isn't a problem anymore.
Tell me, who?

Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, Google are still all running on JVM. Twitter already extensively running on GraalVM.

>outdated lang like Java
First of all, Java isn't outdated and who says you can't use Kotlin (which is a million times better than C#) or Scala? It's not Java that makes Java great but the JVM and lately GraalVM which lets you build native images as well.

Nice try Microshill.

> All of those are running their legacy codebases made in java
No reason to migrate a big legacy project

> Java i-is not outdated , u-use Kotlin he-hee or Scala

Who cares about Kotlin or Scala, two meme langs that are years behind C#

>two meme langs that are years behind C#
LOL how is Kotlin years behind C#? If anything C# is years behind Kotlin. C# does not even have first class citizen functions and don't even compare C# to Scala, to completely different worlds. Everyone loves Kotlin.

C# shill who knows nothing about programming detected lmfao.

Call me when your meme langs have something like LINQ

Functional fags need not to apply, we are talking about real world stuff not mental jerking off

> Everyone loved Kotlin
Says who

>Functional fags need not to apply, we are talking about real world stuff not mental jerking off
lol

>Says who
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted

>System.Security.Cryptography
>libsodium on nuget
Are you fucking retarded?
>who actually uses .NET Core apart from Bing and Stackoverflow
Two enormous sites, but that's not good enough?
Here you go. Compare these.
trends.builtwith.com/framework/ASP.NET-MVC
trends.builtwith.com/framework/J2EE
Java EE powers twice as many of the top 10k websites, but both frameworks are very popular. If you look at the graph, asp mvc is coming up at a rapid pace since everyone is realizing how phenomenal core is. If these were stock charts, I'd be selling J2EE and buying ASP.NET MVC.

It should also be noted, that the above is for tue new ASP MVC. The old deprecated ASP framework is more popular than J2EE and is second only to PHP. Popularity is falling as people jump to MVC. Expect almost all of the ones in top 10k to eventually migrate.
trends.builtwith.com/framework/ASP.NET

Oh and I mentioned stock charts there, well in my research I found that a site I use often for pricing (because it's fast and no-bullshit) is actually built on asp core: Marketwatch. Neat.

Is stack overflow important now?

>Java EE vs .NET Core
We are talking about JVM vs .NET Core. You just proved how retarded you are. J2EE is just a specification which means you're ignoring the shitload of platforms that are running on Spring, Vert.x etc.

All the major non-meme companies could have made the switch to .NET Core but nobody wants to. Instead they are starting to use GraalVM.

Lmfao I said "apart" .. doesn't surprise me that a dick sucking microshill can't read.

.NET Core is so irrelevant, I don't even know why I'm arguging with shills of this irrelevant shit framework.

Don't forget Thymeleaf
It's Japanese partly perfect for weebs
And Lombok, I fucking love Lombok

Stay mad Rajesh

Your precious java is being deprecated

Linq is unapproachable magic to Javatards. Remember, their language doesn't even have reified generics. Monadic structures like IEnumerable are beyond their ability to comprehend. They lack the pattern language for it.

JEE/Spring is what everyone uses if they're using Java. Spring is probably roped into the stats on JEE on builtwith considering there is no separate category for it. I didn't even consider it because I abandoned Java and anything even tangentially related to Oracle a long time ago.
As for the others you listed: Your hackernews world view is showing, where you honestly believe anyone is using shit like Vert.x and GraalVM. Might as well spout bullshit about how Rust is taking over C++.
You want more proof?
similartech.com/categories/framework
Every correct dataset on this will show PHP as #1, followed by ASP. Because that's reality.

>JEE/Spring is what everyone uses if they're using Java.
Wrong, not anymore.
>where you honestly believe anyone is using shit like Vert.x and GraalVM.
Seems to work for Twitter.

>Wrong, not anymore.
Provide proofs. I gave you several charts showing you're wrong.
>Twitter
They use C++ too. At a critical point, you can throw tens of thousands of engineering hours at getting 1% performance increases because that 1% is costing you many millions a year.
Besides, they committed to Java/Scala way back in 2011 or so when it became clear that Ruby wasn't cutting it. If I was making the same choice, I'd have picked Java then as well.
But times changed. ASP is now the GOAT. I would not choose the JRE today.

>Provide proofs. I gave you several charts showing you're wrong.
You didn't give me shit, you posted some meme site that is generating meme "statistics".

Also let's talk about performance. Core performs shit and gets raped by Vert.X
techempower.com/benchmarks/

Imagine falling for the Microsoft meme in 2019.

>Spring is probably roped into the stats on JEE on builtwith considering there is no separate category for it
absolutely the fuck not
if they combined the two then they are about as retarded as he people that cite them as a source
javaEE pales is wildly distinct and pales in comparison

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-09 18-24-15.png (1153x819, 68K)

Hostility to C# is mostly caused by a hatred of Microsoft. Everyone, even normies, hates Windows. And their business practices in the past were pretty bad.
But currently, Microsoft seems to be among the least evil ones of the big tech. And Oracle is definitely trying its best to become the worst of the bunch.

It's just so complex, I don't even know how or where to start.
Also, does it have any form of auto recompile on source change or do you really need to recompile the entire project on every change? Because I'm not going to do that, ever. I'd rather use PHP.

>Hostility to C# is mostly caused by a hatred of Microsoft
you're not wrong. I code java on my linux os and deploy to GCP. I'm not giving micro$hits any more of an foothold than that. My company even uses bitbucket, but that was before hand

>liking Oracle more

>>liking Oracle more
openjdk
I dont even know oracle's business model anymore

Lately it seems to be something like "try to sneakily extort money from any company that uses Java". And probably trying to make their cloud business work, considering the insane FAANG level salaries they pay at OCI (and only there).

Just like Chromium... It doesn't mean there are no backdoored. :(

Based and redpilled

> Trusting Google

Kek

>it lacked Linux support but now this isn't a problem anymore.
yes it is, as long as SQLServer in linix is not the full version.
And this is a big problem because I've yet to see a #NET app that uses a db different than SQLServer

What? I work with a lot of applications and none of them use SQL server

Please stop sharing your outdated views here and go update yourself

Spring Boot is pretty rad.

Why is Spring Boot bad?

>you posted some meme site that is generating meme "statistics".
You posted nothing. I gave two sources.
>let's talk about performance
Yes, lets.
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/csharp.html
>Core performs shit and gets raped by Vert.X
Vert.x is not comparable to ASP core. It's a bitch to use. Both Vert.x and asp core get into the hundreds of thousands of fortunes per second, which is bananas performance. This really shouldn't be your main focus. Even google.com only serves roughly 40 thousand pages per second.

I say they combined them because it makes sense for rough statistics. The original argument was that nobody uses C# or asp. That's obviously not true, so the goalposts are moving as fast as you can run. Give it up, you're not convincing anyone.

Microsoft has been pretty goddamn based under Nadella.

Swapping out databases with EF Core is literally as easy as grabbing a nuget package for postgres or whatever and changing your database connector. I've done this for both postgres and sqlite. Everything just werks, including migrations.
The Azure hosted SqlServer isn't the full version either (it's actually extremely limited), but few complain.

Are you retarded enough to create a Spring project for this shit? Just use Spring Boot.

>HATEOAS
What yeark are you stuck on? Nobody cared about this shit, nonody ever was able to even do a pure REST web service, and that is why GraphQL is taking over now.

>It's a bitch to use.
>I am too stupid to use a framwork with one of the best docs out there
Also there's Helidon, which is even easier to use. Been coding in Kotlin for 6 months now. No way on earth I would go back to a language like Java or C#.

I don't care about you. I work in a C# shop and the backend guys are stuck at .NET in wanglows. They sometimes brag about muh linux support but there is no SQLServer full version and they are always using SQLServer in their machines, dev and production.
The only advantage they have is LINQ. But then when they need a library for something they are lucky if they find ONE stable and well tested lib in nuget, whereas in Java you have usually 2-3.
The reality is most clients run Java stacks and they end up shitting Java code against their will.
This is also a reason why you see literally half job openings for #NET than in Java.

> I don't care about your situation mine is the true one

Sorry if you are stuck in a shit company, and that just answers everything

Also I don't have a problem with libs and I work in one of the most visited websites in my country

>Swapping out databases with EF Core is literally as easy as grabbing a nuget package for postgres or whatever and changing your database connector. I've done this for both postgres and sqlite.
While this might be possible, I've never seen the backend guys using anything other than SQLServer. Also they only know how to use the SQL editor in Visual Studio and can't use any other tool.
If they wanted to switch to another relational DB they couldn't easily, because they rely on non-standard M$ SQL and a lot of stuff changes.

> Devs on my company are shit so everyone else that uses X also is

Nice bro

>go back to a language like Java
Kotlin is Java under the hood, user. It is more modern but the syntax has weirdness everywhere. like returning without return keyword, the weird brackets for lambdas, the bloated properties and so on.

The perfect syntax IMHO would be Typescript without the shitty "this" everywhere for class members.

So C#?

>Kotlin is Java under the hood
Imagine being this retarded.

>no functions
>no immutable vars
>modern language
kek. Only Microshills are this retarded.

Devs might be shit but in real life you can't easily replace SQLServer SQL with Oracle SQL or Postgres. The same is true with any major SQL database. You are being delusional that you can just swap in another database and everything works.

>>no functions
I'm sure I use functions
>>no immutable vars
Functional meme
>>modern language
Yep it is, that's why rust is copying some parts of it

Kotlin is a reasonably designed language. I wish it the best of luck, and it seems to have gotten very popular with Android development.
But it's still living in the shadow of Java, which is flat out shit.
>Off by one.

Buddy, your backend guys are hacks if they can't step outside VS to do database management, and they should be using the ORM for most of the work, only stepping into T-SQL when performance is necessary. Even then, they should be trying to write direct queries in the most ANSI way possible so they maintain portability. I can easily jump my rather large applications between databases because I put some consideration into the data storage model.

>Imagine being this retarded.
In the end you are stuck with JVM limitations and that is why kotlin collections suck ass just like Java, because of type erasure.

Yes, I know about Kotlin for the web, but so many things are different that is is basically an adapter over Javascript (which is worse than Java).

I think there is native kotlin as well, but that is a meme.

>ORM
They use entity framework, but again, in the real world clients need integration with other systems, and all those are SQL.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e636c6f756475702e636f6d2f7a6659366c4c376546612d3330303078333030302e706e67.png (465x141, 10K)

I happen to work in the real world. On prem people who are welded to the Microsoft ecosystem use SQL Server on Windows Server and will probably never leave it. People who are embracing Linux deployment are using Postgres and MySQL/MariaDB. People moving into off prem are using the Azure SQL Server, which is more limited than the Linux version.
>integration with other systems
What do you even mean by this? Cross database ETL can be done by a huge variety of means.

micronaut is a pretty neat jvm framework...
less magic than spring, nicer runtime performance.
easier to teach to autists

Annotations feel like a dirty hack on top of pure code, and Spring is nothing but annotations galore.

t. gets paid by LOC

What kind of niggerish company does that? If I got paid on LOC, I'd NEVER recommend Scala for anything.
Fuck outta here.

none, that's the joke

Seriously just use Express OP. All the other frameworks are bloated with god knows what because they are made for halfwits who can’t into design. Express gives you only the minimal functionality that every app needs and then leaves you to add the rest how you see fit. It’s the thinking man’s choice.

>micronaut is a pretty neat jvm framework...
second this

Redpill me on clojure

The Spring initializer creates a Boot project, you don't know what you're talking about.