This is the end of Firefox Android as we know it

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20391885

and people still wonder why we don't trust mozilla

Attached: DeadFirefox.jpg (1054x467, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1oRPkwP3l7QzdQYj0Wn7d_3EfTZaakocA_i_pGKlG0dI/edit#
hacks.mozilla.org/2019/06/geckoview-in-2019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reminder that firefox wants to sell a firefox subscription with a built in adblocker

tee hee

You know what must be done...
Install Brave

Attached: 6B8F34EF-A493-4F8D-AD37-935DB1EB9B98.png (1280x720, 711K)

this, but unshillingly
at least for mobile. firefox on desktop is still good for now.

If they drop addon support there'll be literally no reason to use firefox, chromium-based browsers already have better usability on android. Oh well, mozilla's been digging their own grave for a while now.

The Mozilla y'all used to know is long dead. It's all SJWzilla now.

Daily reminder that Yandex Browser for Android supports Chrome extensions.

bromite and iridium are the superior non-botnet chromium forks, brave is bloated proprietary garbage

Literally the only reason I use firefox on andoid is because of extensions. Will drop hard when this happens.

He warned you, bros. He warned you about Mozilla.

Apologize.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (992x558, 59K)

>For now
Sad but true

Attached: 4381BED5-2B3B-4D24-BE58-38E74815B912.jpg (889x741, 71K)

One of the few niches keeping Firefox alive and they decide to shut it down just like that, good job trannies.

Well, well, well, look who's come crawling back. It's fine, user, you can install my browser, everybody is doing it.

Attached: brendaneich25607.web_.jpg (1619x2024, 1.63M)

>not using firefox focus to minimise phone usage

brave is absolute garbage

stfu fsb

Why do you people keep replying with lies to Brave shills? It makes your case look worse. Brave is FOSS.

bros where do we go now?
is there any other browser supporting extensions like ublock origin?

WHAT THE FUCK
the only reason I can use the web on mobile AT ALL is because I have nano adblock and defender set up. Fuck mozilla jesus fucking christ.

What? They kill the ONE feature I actually love?! The one that elevates Firefox on Android above all other browsers?
FUCK them. Holy fucking shit, what a terrible, terrible move.

we need to make our own browser, at this point is clear that google is sabotaging firefox from the inside.

"lets remove literally the only good thing about our product, to try to be more like our competition!"
pants on head retarded trannies

Kiwi, Yandex

>remove reasons that make your browser unique and holds marketshare
>implement a worse version of what the competition is doing instead
This is genius.

I also only use it because of uBlock but t b h it has less than 0.5% usage share among mobile browsers. It's not going anywhere either way. I think this is just them just giving up on mobile and trying to cut costs.

Attached: 1559570918367.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

both proprietary botnets

Mozilla knows they need extensions for Fenix to be able to gain marketshare. The reason they don't want to discuss it is because they know Fenix is still shit, they need to get it to actually be usable before even considering adding extensions.

At the same time, this is a mayor problem because without extensions, they are missing on a ton of potential beta testers which would help accelerate development. So basically the browser can't gain traction until they add the very same features they are avoiding so they can improve the base browser in order to gain traction.

Also, they don't have enough resources because they're too busy wasting money to fund abortions and trannies.

Fucking Mozilla

this honestly has got to be it

Like how Google sent Marissa Mayer to finally kill Yahoo from the inside
Or how that former Microsoft man joined Nokia, and then a couple of years later, after faltering performance, in a TOTAL COINCIDENCE, that same guy greenlit the sale of Nokia to Microsoft.

Attached: 1561763675459.jpg (359x335, 8K)

so whats the best browser on android that supports ublock?

Once a time it was a good browser.
drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

Attached: Drunk-foxes-bad-taxidermy.png (720x720, 554K)

What in the fuck are you jabbering about?

Firefox 68 on android is a ESR release you dumbies, there will be 68.1, 68.2 etc until Fenix reaches parity.
docs.google.com/document/d/1oRPkwP3l7QzdQYj0Wn7d_3EfTZaakocA_i_pGKlG0dI/edit#

They will be releasing this "69" as a new separate browser
hacks.mozilla.org/2019/06/geckoview-in-2019/

ok like always i just switch to a browser that uses addons, lets check fdroid... yep theres one, done.

So can someone explain what the actual difference between 'le Fennec' and 'le Fenix' even is?
I tried 'Firefox Preview' (which I assume is Fenix) for about 5 minutes. It felt exactly like normal Firefox. Same lag, same scrolling, same weird font coming into focus when you scroll too fast. It feels like the exact same engine.

Attached: 1561603398558.png (600x497, 8K)

What? Trannyfox actively working against it's users? No that would never happen ever.
Anyone that still uses that shit browser is only getting what they deserve.

The current android firefox will be esr untill the new version reaches feature parity you fucking retards.

Kiwi doesn't have this problem

How much people would we need to maintain a Firefox fork? Maybe GNU will keep addons on Icecat

There aren't even enough competent people on this entire board to maintain our own browser.

I'll switch to Brave

enjoy your shitcoin tracking

enjoy your no-addons

I'll make the logo.

>for now
You mean until ten months ago

>Reddit
>Literal whos
>"lole Firefox is dead"
I hate this shithole.

Attached: 1562181406095.gif (280x358, 2.17M)

That's not Reddit, user.

Use AdAway.

and nothing of value was lost
mobile firefox is shit

fun fact: fennec is the sole FOSS web browser for android with extensions support

Open source's biggest weakness is closed branding. It gives a few people effective ownership of a whole project with thousands of contributors. "just fork it bro" isn't a solution

>the amount of ESL in this post though

these, /thread