Who needs X570 when you have B350

turns out the AB350M Pro4 handles a 3900X at stock just fine
youtu.be/oRaZ2Txv13M

Attached: ASRock_AB350M_Pro4_01.jpg (1280x1280, 483K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/3.html
asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4/index.asp#Overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you might want precision boost?

Because some of those boards can reach close to 140C temps.
ASUS Prime B350-Plus here gets toasty as fuck. Actual housefire tier temps.

techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/3.html

Attached: hot.jpg (320x240, 20K)

gone farm

Attached: adapter.jpg (1000x1000, 88K)

Using an overclocked CPU with zero airflow thanks to a gaymerfaggot AIO being in use. That's also one of the cheapest and worst B350 boards that there was.

140 on the chokes doesn't even matter really.
The chokes must be good up to 250c or something.

the VRM mosfet looks to be in the 80s, chokes are 140.

>AB350M Pro4
If it doesn't have the reboot bug.
My AB350m Pro4 began to reboot on idle for no good reason.
I could only solve by buying another motherboard.

chokes can run hot as fuck, ist literally a metal coil
what you are worried About is VRM temps, wich according to that flir pic shud be somehwere in the 70~80c range wich is well w/in spec

i also run a AB350M P4 and it has not have that issue, my guess is you had a bad board (or a pre v1.1 board, wich where a bad Batch)

don't use an AIO, ploblem solved

The picture you posted is using an AIO, which doesn't provide an yairflow to the VRMs. The same issue does not exist on air, and that link shows the B350 performing identically to an X570 when using an air cooler.

>overclocking
>PCIe slots
>SATA ports
>USB ports

>(or a pre v1.1 board, wich where a bad Batch)
I have the first batch.

Supported through an agesa update, isnt it?

Didn't people have a lot of BIOS issues and stability issues with Ryzen 3000 on B350 in the past few days?

>Ryzen 3000
>overclocking
Enjoy your 180W space heater for 2% gains.

>overclocking
B350 does overclocking, you just cant push a 3900X on it
>PCIe Slots
it has plenty of those, just not pcie4
>sata ports
no difference here, most boards have 4 and if you Need more use a Card
>usb ports
a few less, no big loss really

a 1.0? those are bad, so expect issues
(asrock scrammed and released a 1.1 mere 2 weeks later, i bought on ryzen 5 launch and got a 1.1)

asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4/index.asp#Overview
how good is this board for 3600? does it support all of its precision boost and shit? or do i need x570 for that?

I'm more interested in their next apus.

OP is the third outlet to have tested a 3900X in a B350. None of the three reviewers to have tested it have had any major issues, and each one has used a different B350 board.

You only see the outer surface temperature of the vrm heatsink not the temperature of the mosfets themselves. I wouldn't be that worried about them however as on asus prime boards those are good quality components that can easilly handle high temperatures. What I'm far more worried about (I have a prime b350m myself) are the caps that sit right next to those toasty chokes. Roughly speaking rated life of a capacitor drops in half every 10C the temperature of them goes up, so about only 5000-10000 hours of use if the VRM is being pushed like this.

only raging faggots overclock cpus

don't be a crybaby, just blow some air on it

I have the ATX version of that motherboard so it's nice to know I can upgrade even if only to run on stock.
Still wish I had some money to buy X570, however.

new to the PC space are we?

i mean in that pic up there you literally have 0 airflow, having a normal Tower or downdraft cooler that causes air movement around the vrm ist a non-issue

T. Have AB350 pro4
Its trash due to no LLC settings and horrible vdrops

vdrop protects the cpu though

I get core dropping from 1.32 to 1.18

That's probably the over current protection kicking in.

Lock the clocks to a lower speed.

my rog crosshair x470 doesnt get that hot with a aio

This is why water cooling system sucks. The air cooling solution is 30C cooler and perfectly reasonable because of airflow.

Attached: flir-air-oc-blender.jpg (320x240, 21K)

I'm glad 3700X is so power efficient. Its maximum power draw is no different than stock 1600X's, so there shouldn't be any issues running it on any of these shitty cheap boards.

Attached: 1503850148521.png (694x982, 450K)

you and me know that 1.32v is perfectly save for ryzen