Jow Forums still recommends everyone to buy the b450 mobos

>Jow Forums still recommends everyone to buy the b450 mobos
what did they mean by this

Attached: false advertisement.png (725x543, 133K)

Nothing important is lost that's what they mean by this. Still gets performance with differences that are within the margin of error except for some workloads that utilize all cores heavily. You also can't OC but it's not like these CPUs can do it in any meaningful way in the first place

You're better off with a b450. You're not paying retard price for the x570's and you're not risking anything going a tier down to the b350.

the "lite BIOS" looks better anyhow

>shitty
Imagine paying money for an MSI product.

There is nothing wrong with that though, bloat was removed to fit compatibility for the new CPUs.
You can always buy a more expensive board if that bothers you.

This affected all boards that used a 16MB BIOS chip, so all of them except 3 boards (And the A320 line).

What about the high end x470 boards?

>lite bios
that's pretty based.
I never thought they would do it, even thought I suggested in jest that they could release multiple bios versions. It's just a matter of storage space in the bios chip itself. AM4 compatibility outlasted bios chips physical storage capacity, that's all.

Most of them used 16MB BIOS chips too.
The lite BIOS were done to make old boards compatible with Ryzen 3000, but to add support for them 1st gen Ryzen support was dropped.

>streamlined BIOS with orderly text menus somehow is a bad thing
Quick reminder that their full BIOS looks like this. It's fucking atrocious.

Attached: MSI X470 Gaming Plus BIOS (1).jpg (1024x768, 189K)

>but to add support for them 1st gen Ryzen support was dropped.
Also any fancy shit you don't need like images or animations in the BIOS screen.
Its not a barebones BIOS, just without bloat companies love to add to their boards to look "fancy" which is often harder to use, see:

was about to ask exactly what kind of bloat there was in a bios. yeap, that answers that question..

MSI made the best B450 boards.

Not exactly, only the B450 Tomahawk was good, the rest were meh and the PRO was horrible, but way better than ASRock, Gigabyte and ASUS B450 boards.

>they didn't make the best B450 boards, they only made better B450 boards than everyone else

The lite BIOS look comfy

ASRock made the best cheap decent board(Pro 4) it was better than the other MSI boards.
ASUS went full gayming overpriced shit.
Gigabyte boards were cheap but horrible.

My P67 has been going strong since I bought it back in 11. Has their standard drop significantly?

>not running all your programs in pure machine code on bare metal
uefi is bloat, bios is bloat, assembly is bloat.

Board quality and performance? No.
BIOS wise? Yes.

X570 is only necessary for the fastest NVMe, X470 is only necessary for RAID setups.

B450 is more than enough for your average setup.

>GIGABYTE
Not even once

So yes, MSI made the best boards.

B450 can do basic raids, too. X470 is only needed for like two extra SATA and USB connectors, and for SLI.

Board? Yes.
Boards? No.

I haven't had bad experiences with Gigabyte. ASRock was the garbage-tier for me.

Though now I'm sticking with MSI because of the BIOS flashback option.

when does the MAX motherboards come out? Also will they come with 3000 ryzen bios compatability out of the box?

I remember Gigabyte under fire post Sandy bridge but I just can't remember why. A fiasco of some sort.

Yes.

So MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX & Ryzen 3700X is the best choice going forward?

Do I need a cooler? I have a Hyper 212 Evo which is like 5 years old, is it better than the AMD stock cooler?

Attached: 1528737448165.jpg (480x360, 16K)

tie or either slightly better or sligtly worse depending on who you ask.

mortar, tomahawk, pro carbon, b450i are all better than what the others offer at these price-points

>PRO was horrible, but way better than ASRock, Gigabyte and ASUS B450 boards.
So how trash were ohter boards?

Why are you being such a contrarian faggot? Just come out and give which boards are the best or fuck off.

that setup literally doesn't work yet brainlet.

The MAX boards will support Ryzen 3 out of the box though

>paying more money for a tackier bios, something you will literally use for 1 hour and then never again.
the fuck is wrong with Jow Forums? is it filled with retarded rich kids or something?

What difference does it make when MSI have the greatest density of BIOS flashing buttons in their lineup?

>tackier
You do realize several of the CURRENT MOBOs cannot support 3rd gen ryzen at all? What was advertised as being able to function with the simple flash still does not work, the beta bios is a nightmare and incomplete. So much of a shitshow they have to outright re-release motherboards that came out a few years ago because of this utter flop.

why not just wait for next line of b boards (550?)

refer to

Once the BIOS is ironed out any old board will work the same as a max board. The new max boards merely existed to serve idiots that are too dumb or too scared to flash their BIOS themselves.

All my fingers crossed at once that B550 won't have any retarded chipset fans (but it probably will if it features PCIe 4, and if it doesn't then it's identical to B450 and has no reason to even exist).

Price and chipset fans?
X570 is entirely out of the question

Turn the fan off then?

Not really, most motherboards dont have a bios flash button like on some MSI boards, you'd have to have a AMD CPU before hand

>Nothing important is lost that's what they mean by this
The main thing I would miss is easy fan curves, but the rest of it is fine.

Yeah I was referring to those MSI boards. It doesn't matter whether you buy a flashable MSI board now or buy an MSI max board later. The hardware is the same, the BIOS will be the same, the max boards will merely be preflashed.

overclocking ryzen 3 is pointless to be honest.

based. delete gaymur drool out of mouth click bios. I don't need a fucking mouse and graphics. the keyboard and menus is faster and smoother.

>apologizing for a non-gay looking bios
what did they meme by this?

x570 is the only chipset getting PCIE 4.0 support. Since i'm upgrading soon from an old build and don't upgrade frequently that will give me the longest stretch for new graphics cards if I get a new card in the future.

Otherwise the two previous chipset and boards seem fine if you just want to save some cash or upgrade more frequently anyway.

X570 has PBO as well, you'll get better performance automatically without needing to overclock

fuck that shitty fan

nobody cares about a silent fan that is out of sight 90% of the time. I have a acrylic window but hardly ever look in it and open for maintenance / dusting every year or two. get over your autism.

Based x470 chadlers flexing on memlet 450 faggots.

Until it wears out and starts grinding and squeaking and rattling and ultimately fails and you can't find a replacement. But that's all part of the plan to make you buy a new motherboard every three years.

Okay, enjoy your SLI. Oh wait, that stuff's dead.

or just rig a new fan to it or repair it by replacing the bearing. Or hit that little fucker with some WD-40 to silence er up for another 10 years.
Honestly they make such long lasting bearings now and I doubt that little fan spins at any high RPM because it's quiet. I don't like the idea of a fan on a motherboard but I weighed that against how autistic I am and how bad it could actually be and realized I don't care that much and would rather have a better priced lightweight motherboard than buying a bulk aluminum brick for passively cooling 15 watts.

Tfw I bought a b450 mortar

Yes.

>b450
>not buying based b350
lmaoing at your life right now

Attached: b350.png (976x514, 109K)

Is this an obsolete poorfag competition at this point? LMAOing at your unmerited smugness right now.

show your ram

Why of course I have an X470, how could you tell?

Attached: image.jpg (476x476, 79K)

this sounds more sexual than it should

>how could you tell?
You look extremely stupid.

This is "easy mode"
You can press f7 to swich to a normal interface

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

user, that's kind of sexual. Here, though. I did just get the ram and 3700X, mind you.

Attached: 3000.png (533x125, 3K)

Obsolete poorfag competitions are more fun than arguing whether or not 1 FPS is worth $100

Did you not read your own post? There's athe original Ryzen 1000 & 2000 bios version and a new lite Ryzen 3000 bios version. What's the problem?

No argument from me there. My current rig is ivy bridge which is year 2012 tech on DDR3.
I think I can save up enough money in 7 years to buy a decent upgrade and the AMD 3 series seems to be the buy for top consumer performance and not just zoom zoom consume consume 10 more frames for these three games intel shilling.

JIDF getting sloppy in overtime

I already have a B350 board and my RAM is 3200 CL14 with a Ryzen 1700. Why would I bother upgrading to 4xx or even 5xx at this point?

Haha my Asus prime x470 pro has 256 MB flash ROM. You romlets need a special gimped down BIOS.

Attached: 1560251568855.jpg (398x376, 40K)

This meme is so stale