Thoughts on golang?

thoughts on golang?

Attached: mWd3laxO_400x400.png (400x400, 63K)

The gopher is really cute :3

probably better than Jow Forums will tell you.

It's fast, easy, but more tedious to write than python.

Literally made for retards, it's a perfect fit for you OP!

>fast

Attached: 1oy4gf.jpg (640x400, 38K)

Great for people too stupid for C++.

you cant use c++ in real-time web applications retard

generics

The guy who co-wrote UNIX is all in favor of Go, and helped develop it. He said on video the reason he doesnt like C++ is because one time he tried to read the C++ manual and noped the hell out. Paraphrasing of course.

Oh, look, the meme objection.

Go is certainly not without its warts. But it's possible to pick it up quickly and it's great concurrency story along with a *very* good standard library make it great for anything network related, as well as quite a bit of low-level OS interaction.

It's a good language to know but depending on your prior knowledge it may or may not be worth it.

Its based

I've read anons on /dpt/ and /wdg/ saying it's the best programming language to create APIs, is it true?

it's designed for brainlets but it's about the fastest modern and easy language and it's statically compiled with good networking/concurrency support so it's going to replace a lot of python/ruby/node on the backend where you don't want to have to mess with maintaining runtimes

If Jow Forums shills against it, it's probably good.

you have a really warped definition of cute

golang is tied with plan 9 for ugliest mascot.

>real-time
>web applications
wat

what is analytics? what is concurrency?

WHERE DO I FIND GOOD BENCHMARKS
GO IS SLOW
GO IS FAST
SHOW ME THE NUMBAHS BRUVV

whats the point if all languages turn to pic related and it becomes hell when you have to deal with other people's code

Attached: hurrdurr.jpg (900x1400, 260K)

Same as always: It depends. Write a toy application for your use case in several languages and compare. Most likely you will find that Go is fast enough that speed doesn't matter beyond that point.

If you need the absolute maximum performance (which hardly anyone does these days) you already know it's not for you.

Pretty good for writing front facing web services. Better off using C, C++ or Rust for basically anything else within its domain.

Nice to build, nice to write. $GOPATH bullshit can fuck right off though

will add all those thing to the language?
why would they even add try catch?
And are generics even needed? they feel like the next two weeks finding a bug because someone rewrote a function just so he can use it with generics

I prefer GLOgang myself

You actually can and everyone big that needs performance does so. Like faceberg.