Antivirus

Serious replies only Jow Forums, do you use an antivirus?
I haven't used an av for at least a decade now, and I've always fell under the 'bloatware' camp, but for real, do I need it?

Attached: download.png (354x142, 6K)

install gentoo

Only on windows I use nod32. it is the best antivirus (if you set it up properly) money can buy and you can easily find free keys everywhere. it's a god send and Jow Forums needs to shrill it more

(it's also one of the few legit antivirus software for Android)

Attached: version-9.jpg (601x555, 59K)

Common Sense™ also Windows Defender is good enough

Common Sense, uBlock Origin, remove browser plugins like Flash and Java (if you ever had them to begin with).
That's like birth control - it's 99% effective.

For the extra 1% you can run MBAM every once in a while.

antivirus is good, you should use it.
i only need, and always used file scanner ("on demand") antiviruses only, but unfortunately they went extinct (there might be some kaspersky tool left) and avs became bloatware due to stupid "antivirus review" sites.
so the probably most optimal thing is to scan on demand using defender, which has a pretty good database.
that of course assumes you're not a moron surfing clickbait sites with javascript turned on or allow autorun of random flashdisks picked from jamal.

I use one for scan shady .exes.

but otherwise, Commonsense 2020 must be the standard by now.

Yes. It's one component in defense in depth.

>Common Sense(tm)
>Hardened browser
>Access control
>AV

Don't need an AV when I'm on a fresh VM everyday.

Attached: image.jpg (591x570, 85K)

i used one last year because had to clean up this temporary piece of shit prebuilt that i bought.
otherwise it's always common sense™ + windefender

since this is related, how would one go about checking for image or audio files with embedded code

I have never used an antivirus longterm because I don't click on random things. If your OS managed to get infected, it's probably toast anyway and you're better off reinstalling.

Attached: tz7LQIR.jpg (900x675, 141K)

Norton is the only anti virus that is able to detect my custom malware so that's why I use it.

my room looked like that a year ago. after i made a shitload of money off of crypto i paid a cleaning service to take care of it, cost me 300 bucks, plus another $500 for "human waste disposal." now my room is slowly getting that way again.

wrong. see my thread here:
the seller of that virus used "works with norton" as a huge selling point, as many large computer systems are run by dumbshit boomers who overpay for a shit av

Common Sense 2019

I haven't used active protection in over 10 years, just not downloading shady shit or going to shady sites plus the built-in protection routers and OSes already have is enough for me. I still keep a malware scanner around just in case to scan shit I download but it's never actually found anything.

whoops forgot that I use adblock of course to stop scripts

That is meaningless. I write and sell my own malware and rootkits. Like I said, nothing besides Norton comes close to detecting them. Not even Sophos software can detect it.

>12XMR in one month using 15%
You are a bad liar kiddo.

>200 computers
eat shit faggot

If you aren't a retard, you should be alright with just windows defender on windows 10 version 1903 and common sense. If you really want antivirus, look into bitdefender, nod32 or kaspersky and determine what will be best for you by researching them. If you don't want to do that, at least avoid McAfee, Norton/Symantec, and AVG/Avast. They are absolute garbage. If you're REALLY concerned, just run a VM or windows sandbox every time you want to do something questionable.

First you say three now you say 200? Sec, reporting you to the FBI. Gonna get a door knock for your lies.

i said 3 computer labs, about 200 computers overall, you illiterate nigger

>Sec, reporting you to the FBI
i'm behind 7 proxies

Attached: tipsubmit.jpg (959x538, 159K)

Show me your profit.

Pic related, I'm up 90k this year from selling malware on Empire.

... Let me guess... You have no proof do you? Poor peasant.

Attached: DSC_0220_20190711122634992.jpg (2046x1267, 1.24M)

I also wish to know this.

>cuck ring
you already owned yourself

also,
>i sell malware and deposit my money into a jewish bank
top fucking lmao @ (You)

Linux, BSD, and MacOS are all significantly more secure than Windows by default.

I'm currently living in Bahrain. Jews aren't allowed here. And this country has no extradition treaty with any of your jew countries, that's why I live here.

I'm wanted by your FBI as well as 3 other federal agencies.

>I'm currently living in Bahrain
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>marrying a Muslim girl
>cucked
user... Read about Muslim wives...

>marrying a Muslim girl
absolute mega-cuck

The fuck are you laughing at. Pay the authorities off and you can get away with murder here.

Attached: images (76).jpg (670x395, 37K)

>Pay the authorities off and you can get away with murder here.
sounds like niggerville. hard pass

ClamAV is alright to use everyone once and while.

I can legally have 4 wives, they legally can not divorce me, if I choose to divorce them they get nothing and could face prison.

Still waiting to see an ounce of proof that this guy infected 200 machines. You know you are probably using my crypto mining software... Did you buy it from the Empire Market by chance? I'm the largest software seller on it by far.

>I can legally have 4 wives, they legally can not divorce me, if I choose to divorce them they get nothing and could face prison.
sounds pretty cucked to me, friend

>Did you buy it from the Empire Market by chance? I'm the largest software seller on it by far.
not saying where i bought it but if this sounds like your work then i salute you, my cucked friend

Sorry, but what's Empire?

>3

Attached: Evazan_with_blaster.jpg (992x1476, 202K)

danooct1 recommended avast and said that norton and avg are trash

Marketplace on onions

>I write and sell my own malware and rootkits
no you don't or you wouldn't talk bullshit. everyone in that business use kaspersky, in fact trades are made using kaspersky outputs.
norton is so retarded. i actually sent them some trojan a decade ago to inspect and add to signature database and they responded with "this file is clean". and the shit wasn't hiding at all it was using windows autorun mechanism to start.

lol, more like currently living in moms basement and is wanted for not doing his choirs

>get a virus on VM
>virus infects every other device in your LAN
>get reinfected every time you boot a new VM