AMD and their shitty blowers fixed with some thermal paste and a few washers and thermal pads

AMD and their shitty blowers fixed with some thermal paste and a few washers and thermal pads.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8Bco0dk6Q

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x941, 223K)

Good.

but did they hammer the dent out?

>40dba range
>zero thermal throttling
So what I'm seeing is that theres no reason to wait for custom coolers mid next month.

Naw. Third party coolers will be bother quieter and better performing still.

My refrigerator in the other room is louder than anything in either of my towers already. 40dba under load is great.

unless you wanna risk putting random pressure on your gpu die, then i'd probably wait for aftermarket ones.

Yeah definitely better than the 54dB first measured. Takes a bit of tinkering and risk though for n00bs.

Harder to get a warranty replacement after that.

AMD allow you to put a water block on the reference cards and still return it. The whole warranty would if you break the screw sticker is bullshit.

But that's the charm point of it!

I'm not sure how it is in the US, but in Norway you open an RMA case with the store you originally bought the card from, then the store deal with the manufacturer.

>fixed
Lol its still a shitty blower

Så det ville fortsatt vært gyldig garanti om jeg hadde gjort det med min fra Komplett?

why the fuck doesn't AMD just make Sapphire their version of EVGA and let them design the god damn coolers?

Just Wait® for the AIB cards

They don't have enough market pull and it would piss off other vendors.

Just wait and then keep waiting because tomorrow always has because products than today.

*better products
I should probably rest a bit

How the fuck did they manage to create the ugliest GPU in history? At this point I'm sure that they're only keeping amd's gpu division alive as a practical joke.

Just diy a fix with:
>Tim
>washers
>Thermal pads
Seems like this would have been a big deal if this were an Intel, or nvidia product.

Nah, when EVGA sent out the repair kits to fix 1080ti cards because they forgot the thermal pads, everyone forgot it in a day.

>gamernexus
cringe

based

Is this also relevant for the 5700?

Probably.

>everyone forgot it in a day.
Original gtx 1080 release, because that lasted a while, and delid dis campaign is still around occasionally.

Won't there be AIB designs?

>fix it your damn self
-amd

ja, das ist verboten

As expected of low quality amd products that never work as they should out of the box and require a ridiculous amount of babysitting.

That's exactly what happens though. All AMD reference cards are Sapphire designed.

Even more ironic given how the simplistic shroud of the 5700 looks a thousand times better.
>no backplate
The only downside.

Attached: amd-radeon-rx-5700-580x334.jpg (580x334, 18K)

FINE WINE amirite AMDbros?

Now we just need good drivers and optimised for Navi games. And better Vulkan support.

and better encoder and gay tracing and cuda cores . wait for it

how long does it usually take?

mid august confirmed
asus in september for some reason

>delid dis campaign is still around occasionally.
Tends to happens when you repeatedly fuck up with thermal jizz

If I had the money I would get a 5700 XT and just put a water cooler on it.

Cracking your GPU doesn't seem to happen at all anymore. A repaste probably wouldn't hurt

We almost always deal with the manufacturer directly, although sometimes the retailer will take care of it. Any conditionals on the warranty are illegal in the US IIRC, they have to have a look at least.

I like how no backplate looks. Get to see all the circuits.

>blower
Custom cards arrive in August, who gives a fuck about blower cards?

Why does this happen like every fuckin' generation past 3?4? generations? Is someone at AMD actually mentally challenged?

because nobody buying reference cards and all this reviewer whining about reference cards is pointless to say the least
call me when custom cards start to have same issues

reference exist to be the cheapest card possible with base performance of the chip for OEMs to cheap out on their stupid customers

Don't they do those mods on virtually all AMD-based cards because the cooler pressure specs from AMD are like that?

no, what are you on about?