/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk/Cybersecurity General

/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL
Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]

- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [20 June 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.26) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview26.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [20 June 2019]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.11) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview11.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Introductory cybersecurity: [ pastebin.com/z2fisXBd ]
Advanced cybersecurity: [ UNDER CONSTRUCTION ]

Cybersecurity armory (Software and other tools): [ UNDER CONSTRUCTION ]
Cybersecurity resources (Blogs, services, etc.): [ UNDER CONSTRUCTION ]
Cybersecurity practice (CTF, Wargames, etc.): [ pastebin.com/vsXG3uX2 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Additional reading: [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ ]

- - - - - -

OP Post: [ pastebin.com/8Hk5Ks7h ]

Attached: 1536095541870.jpg (1920x1080, 937K)

Other urls found in this thread:

securityweek.com/georgia-failed-subpoena-image-wiped-elections-server
mega.nz/#F!H7JDiSTR!4NNolHzSvEiBubammfSCSQ
mega.nz/#F!HzRzkKwD!tvn3WrBq6ODuR4Lhoc5hHA
mega.nz/#F!TjATXCaZ!ef1SrZyS0Bw9psGzfnzYbg
trustwave.com/en-us/resources/blogs/spiderlabs-blog/analyzing-pdf-malware-part-1/
securelist.com/png-embedded-malicious-payload-hidden-in-a-png-file/74297/
remnux.org/#distro
electronicsweekly.com/blogs/mannerisms/dilemmas/effect-robotics-employment-2019-07/
bbc.com/future/story/20190709-has-humanity-reached-peak-intelligence
yro.slashdot.org/story/19/07/10/2134208/banned-chinese-security-cameras-are-almost-impossible-to-remove
hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/07/10/2341251/the-most-clever-zip-bomb-ever-made-explodes-a-46mb-file-to-45-petabytes
bamsoftware.com/hacks/zipbomb/
backblaze.com/blog/backing-linux-backblaze-b2-duplicity-restic/
restic.net/
economist.com/open-future/2019/07/10/smashed-like-avocados-how-young-people-are-treated-by-their-elders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you protect your home lan?

So I have an interview coming up and they want to give me two tests. CSOA technical exam and CDA exam.

I can't find much about either of them online. How would one prepare?

Always link to the previous thread, OP. Just copy the digits at the end of the URL at the top of the browser and put two > in front of it.
Also, you need to change the date from 20 June 2019 to something else or just get rid of it. to save character space.

securityweek.com/georgia-failed-subpoena-image-wiped-elections-server

The FBI has an image of the hard drives, but Georgia doesn't and doesn't want one. Looks like a cover up of election tampering. Maybe Georgia altered their own votes?

protect from what

Best VPN right now in your opinion, money isn't an issue. I'll use referral for whoever I choose.

What's /cyb/'s opinion on tech wear? Does it have merit or is it just LARPer garbage?

Attached: 1527229340304.jpg (474x711, 44K)

faggot shit

PIA

anyone have the deepnude source code? can't find it anywhere.

Is webdev knowledge crucial for cybsec or can I jump in with little programming skill?

Cool af and underrated
also go back to /fa/

gay af

sadly yes, most of the cybersecurity stuff that you can get paid for is either networking stuff or webdev shit

Depends on what kind of cybersec. Understanding OWASP is crucial for anyone serious about cybersec. You should probably know how to write in at least one scripting language, mostly python/bash/powershell.

sounds good, Ill probably just end up learning webdev and cybsec at the same time

this is /cyb/ /sec/
not /hav/ /sex/

please leave

Stupid. No man over 25 is going to be caught wearing this shit.

>So I see you're interested in tech
>But may I asked why you're dressed like a ninja?

If you have bridge connection only you are already kind of protected. If you have NAT, just setup a decent password and track all the connected devices regularly.

page 9 lads

As a bike delivery man

What the fuxk are you putting in those pockets

Are you too good for internal pockets

Ffs

I digress

Personally I wear a hat. It gives me q certain identity I can use to throw away if I dont wamt to be that person

can someone redpill me on nmap. What have you done with it?

Have you tried shotgun

check whether my firewall-fu worked

t.sysadmin

trips let you know, pleb

fuck off fed

Wouldn't download the files outside of a VM, but there's some good stuff

mega.nz/#F!H7JDiSTR!4NNolHzSvEiBubammfSCSQ

mega.nz/#F!HzRzkKwD!tvn3WrBq6ODuR4Lhoc5hHA

mega.nz/#F!TjATXCaZ!ef1SrZyS0Bw9psGzfnzYbg

Any way to strip a pdf of "extra information" like viruses?

trustwave.com/en-us/resources/blogs/spiderlabs-blog/analyzing-pdf-malware-part-1/

Thanks or the article.

So, scan the PDF for javascript and execute it in a controlled environment and/or compare it to malware database? Would be easier just to scan and rip all javascript altogether.

Let me know if you find more PDF scanners please.

More information on malicious files, this time a PNG securelist.com/png-embedded-malicious-payload-hidden-in-a-png-file/74297/

Analyzing files on a hex editor seems a common way to do it. Besides that are two python scripts.

Two sad python scripts for something so essential as PDF analysis. Damn.

if you're really concerned just turn off javascript in your pdf reader and open the file inside a linux virtual machine. pdf malware doesn't target linux.

Plot twist: I was using Linux and Zathura PDF viewer all along.

I just like to learn about these things.

you cant

Attached: Badassery.jpg (500x724, 172K)

Rick Owens is true Cyberpunk Aesthetic while also being comfy

Attached: ro.jpg (1766x2048, 185K)

A distro virtual image for forensics remnux.org/#distro

Good to be back!

It isn't really here yet.

Attached: in_the_cyberpunk_world_by_quarian_ira-d5c3vw3.jpg (1465x800, 181K)

What makes this Cyberpunk in your view?

The bots are coming.
=== /cyb/ News:
>Effect Of Robotics On Employment
electronicsweekly.com/blogs/mannerisms/dilemmas/effect-robotics-employment-2019-07/
>The Boston Consulting Group carried out a survey of executives and managers from 1,314 global companies earlier this year to ask what the effect of robotics would be on employment.

It seems not everyone grasps the consequences of what is to come. That or they plan to retire before it hits the fan.

A lot of his designs are very inspired by Brutalism, which always gives me that dystopian future vibe, as well as being a part of the whole dark experimental Japanese wave (looking at designers like Yohji Yamamoto and Rei Kawakubo).
Most of Ricks pieces gives the feeling of "Something familiar but twisted", like it's trying to portray something futuristic without being straight up xXxT3CH W3AR N1NJAxXx

Attached: Rick Owens_AW12_0033.jpg (1067x1600, 168K)

Also some of his pieces are very punk/post punk inspired, but that's nothing new for any High Fashion designer (Kinda like Raf Simons)

Attached: collections_cover_Rick-Owens-Men_ss18_look_18_0327.jpg (700x1052, 125K)

Imagine being such an attention whore you'd wear this outfit in the public unironically.

lol faggot

I tried /fa/, i really did, but Jow Forums won't accept us :(

Attached: dad.png (500x377, 236K)

we are all neckbeards anyway, what use is fashion.

i ran it once, it was pretty cool and made me feel like the matrix

>What's /cyb/'s opinion on tech wear?
Tech wear that really does provide benefit through real tech would be interesting. It would also be something new. We had a discussion in last thread on helmets that provide a clear view and protection in extremely cold weather: Add a HUD, night vision/thermal imaging etc. and we are getting somewhere.

Attached: biosuit-helmet_5.jpg (800x519, 43K)

speak for yourself, james

It helps to avoid facial recognition.

Inteltechniques took off all the osint tools indefinitely because of legal action against the site and doesn't plan to reup them. Is there any alternative?

Pls help

Only is it is detachable.

This fashion I can dig.
>punk
Just as I like it.

Hang on, you are making it.

is Duplicity a good enough solution for easy and automated encrypted backups?

just go for terrorwave, lad

Attached: terrorwave.png (1880x4256, 2.52M)

>Advice from Jow Forums
Really??

Attached: blackout___try_again__by_artificialdesign_daopi33-fullview.jpg (1600x2264, 413K)

Fully agree. I use pia on all my devices, never had an issue

Absolutely disgusting

Why all those straps? Bondage-y indications? in practice it would get you entangled in all sorts of things.

Conformal is more like it.

Attached: red_detail_2_by_daveyabbo_dd0a3yp.jpg (3748x4873, 1.53M)

What is the future of intelligence? After all, a lot of it will be needed to bring further progress, yet now we have the reverse Flynn effect:
>BBC - Future - Has humanity reached ‘peak intelligence’?
bbc.com/future/story/20190709-has-humanity-reached-peak-intelligence
>Whatever the cause of the Flynn effect, there is evidence that we may have already reached the end of this era – with the rise in IQs stalling and even reversing. If you look at Finland, Norway and Denmark, for instance, the turning point appears to have occurred in the mid-90s, after which average IQs dropped by around 0.2 points a year. That would amount to a seven-point difference between generations.

Those are insanely homoerotic. If I saw you wearing those I would absolutely publicly lynch you.

If you wore that in my town you'd 100% absolutely get stopped and talked to by the police, you look like a fucking cat burglar ffs.

okay, 'partisan-core' is actually kinda cool, but to think someone spent time inventing this genre is such a ridiculous thought. Partisan might be the only acceptable style out of all of these to wear because I could see some aspects of the clothing to be tactically advantageous without going complete overkill on tacti-coolness like 'techwear'. Still that being said I would try to pull it off as casually as possible your you'll legit be profiled as a neo-nazi, school shooter or some kinda right-wing militia member.

>Those are insanely homoerotic.
How do you make that connection??

shut the fuck up or I'll come over there and violently sodomize your ahole for 2-3 hours.

The scope of reliance of Chinese tech is being felt.
=== /sec/ News:
>Banned Chinese Security Cameras Are Almost Impossible To Remove (bloomberg.com)
yro.slashdot.org/story/19/07/10/2134208/banned-chinese-security-cameras-are-almost-impossible-to-remove
>U.S. federal agencies have five weeks to rip out Chinese-made surveillance cameras in order to comply with a ban imposed by Congress last year in an effort to thwart the threat of spying from Beijing. But thousands of the devices are still in place and chances are most won't be removed before the Aug. 13 deadline. A complex web of supply chain logistics and licensing agreements make it almost impossible to know whether a security camera is actually made in China or contains components that would violate U.S. rules.

>Despite the looming deadline to satisfy the NDAA, at least 1,700 Hikvision and Dahua cameras are still operating in places where they've been banned, according to San Jose, California-based Forescout Technologies, which has been hired by some federal agencies to determine what systems are running on their networks. The actual number is likely much higher, said Katherine Gronberg, vice president of government affairs at Forescout, because only a small percentage of government offices actually know what cameras they're operating. The agencies that use software to track devices connected to their networks should be able to comply with the law and remove the cameras in time, Gronberg said. "The real issue is for organizations that don't have the tools in place to detect the banned devices," she added.

Have you removed your Chinese spy cam yet?

What VPN /cyb/ uses? And what is generally recognized as the best security-oriented VPN?

>security-oriented VPN
Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

us government put kaspersky antivirus on their systems. KASPERSKY. maybe you don't need to be hackerman to get access to alien files.

Does anyone know if Cyberia Club is dead?
Lainbot isn't adding me.

What's the most /cyb/ way to kill yourself? Overdose on pills and alcohol? Suicide by cop?

Attached: graffiti.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

get arrested on a federal rico charge and hope pound me in the ass prison is as fun as it sounds?

kinda hyped for the advanced cyber security

>Cyberia Club
I get a lot of different hits on Google. Exactly which one did you have in mind?

I don't know if it's okay to ask cyber sec questions here, or if this is considered on subject, but I have some dnssec / dns over https - dnscrypt questions. I posted it in /sqt/, but the post is here.

Security is not just about defending. Some times the situation calls for a counter strike.
>The Most Clever 'Zip Bomb' Ever Made Explodes a 46MB File To 4.5 Petabytes (vice.com)
hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/07/10/2341251/the-most-clever-zip-bomb-ever-made-explodes-a-46mb-file-to-45-petabytes
>Programmer and engineer David Fifield has unveiled a brand-new Zip bomb that explodes a 46-megabyte file to 4.5 petabytes of data. Fifield's new type of "Zip bomb" or "compression bomb" is particularly novel because he "figured out how to 'overlap' files inside of a Zip archive, allowing for compression rates far beyond those of a traditional archive," reports Motherboard.

The technical documentation is here:
bamsoftware.com/hacks/zipbomb/

It was a tox groupchat

I fucking love Nmap. Nmap is probably the first enumeration program you should get good with. It's absolutely indispensable.
Start with something small, like:
nmap -p 22 -A 192.168.1.0/24

That will let you see all the hosts with port 22 open in the last octet, which is usually your home network or lan. Then look up vulnerabilities for the versions of SSH that it gives you and bam, pwned.
I use Nmap almost daily. It's amazing for so many things. It can guess services running on ports, guess the operating system that's running on the hosts, check if your firewalls work, do simple ping scans, and a lot more. Plus the scripts that you can run with it are very neat and useful. It teaches you a lot about network architecture as well and can help you build a great conceptual model of what networks look like.
I highly recommend it for attack surface reduction on the blue team and reconnaissance on the red team.
t. I work in cybersec

Attached: 9D06871D21C048E6A47C7AEF7510C86B.gif (1005x742, 2.53M)

do you ever grab pcaps of nmap scans to see what it's actually doing with the packets?

I did once or twice. With the -A flag it's more interesting. But for the most part I don't remember much.
First it does an ICMP echo (unless you have the -Pn flag) and then depending on your flags it'll do a lot of other shit. I'd advise you to give it a shot on your own, Wireshark and Nmap are all free and really easy to setup and get going with

use masscan, it does exactly what you need but is infinitely faster than nmap.
you can then pipe its output to l33t h4x script or whatever

>This is an Internet-scale port scanner. It can scan the entire Internet in under 6 minutes, transmitting 10 million packets per second, from a single machine.
That's wild, sounds like you could dos stuff with it. Must be something about the async scanning shit.
Does it do anything different from Nmap?

Attached: 1508148659117.png (230x230, 90K)

Be the short circuit that fries a megacorp HQ / military base / major police department or other big government building. Be sure to scream "HACK THE GIBSON! HACK THE PLANET!" while doing so.

did you spend some time in prison?

backblaze.com/blog/backing-linux-backblaze-b2-duplicity-restic/
restic.net/

restic is the new hotness, oldanon. you still use perl instead of python?

Post all the YouTube channels you follow beside hak5 and null bytes. I need more video material, please fucking respond

Hackersploit
Computerphile (highly recommend)
Understanding computers
Power cert videos
Professor messer
System engineer
Steven Marcus
LiveOverflow
Yusuke Endoh (also highly recommend)
tutoriaLinux

Just finished Count Zero last night. Torn on how I feel about it; I like Bobby Newmark as one of the main protagonists because he's not just some innate prodigy who saves the day, but it feels like the story was more formulaic and the conclusion is more arbitrary.

Attached: 91nhk-aO7lL.jpg (1654x2480, 559K)

>how do you do fellow /cyb//sec/ers

Attached: how do you do fellow kids.jpg (1400x1050, 220K)

>not some innate prodigy

I ONLY WANT KEANU AND KEANU CLONES

You should read more user. Illiteracy is never in vogue.

Perhaps it suffers from being in the middle of a trilogy. Mona Lisa Overdrive is next. recommended.

I prefer non-fiction. Have you read Allen Dulles ghostwritten classic?

This film was more sex than hacking. Still about anonymity and privacy. World was a damn nightmare and everyone acted like it was normal, not sure if was the actors fault tho.

Attached: anon lmao.jpg (1382x2048, 2.12M)

You could fit a lot of kit inside that thing. He's a twig and looks like a tree.

I have never heard of these, what can you tell?

I'm catching up on more than one front, yesterday it was tlp over laptop mode tools, today it's restic over duplicity. at least it makes me look forward to tomorrow
thank you for the info user

There is still a strong possibility of dystopia by way of debt and student loan implosion.
economist.com/open-future/2019/07/10/smashed-like-avocados-how-young-people-are-treated-by-their-elders

Page 9 lads

From 0-10 what's your rating for it,

Nord is alright.

The main point of a VPN is to remotely connect yourself to a different network so you can access that networks resources. The encryption part is just a bonus. These vpn services really aren’t that great and contributing to people not understanding what vpn is or how it works.

Nord and PIA are literally the exact same thing and it’s onky a worthwhile purchase if you’re going to use their SOCKS5 to be a forward proxy for your torrent client. But then your ISP will see that you’re still browsing pirate sites... just not which files are being moved...

So yeah now we’re back to the rant above.