Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/pull/991
youtube.com/watch?v=9EvhRaqzMPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

say something nice about our cute hero!

Attached: waylander.jpg (500x713, 134K)

fuckers is mate ready or not

you probably +120IQ if you got the meaning of this post

Attached: 110133107-beautiful-summer-landscape-way-land-road-with-grass-with-turn-in-rural-countryside-.jpg (866x1300, 185K)

MODS

zoolander is better

I prefer Yutani

ok

Attached: waylander2.jpg (690x1077, 258K)

>github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/pull/991
and whats the deal there, like whats their compositor/window manager for Wayland?

youtube.com/watch?v=9EvhRaqzMPY

can you stop with that unfunny way shit please

The massive shilling across the Internet in favor of Wayland makes me very suspicious of it. I’ll still with X, thanks.

It doesn't need shilling. It's already default for the majority of distros that ships the foot by default. It will gain more and more market share. Your crying and fud on 4channel doesn't change the outcome.
I honestly will shill Wayland for free just to see people like you get buttmad. Go spread fud about something else.

It's those who complain about "FUD" that are in the wrong, usually.

im sorry for your depression

This is reddit/babby-tier humour. It's not clever in the slightest.
I honestly find it to be an insult to my intelligence.

"Greenland has -land in the name! Way-land! ecks dee XDD"

Attached: 1562750657679.png (557x625, 343K)

user its way land not green land, you to low IQ for this humor...

Red fucking pill me on how/why I should switch to Wayland. I (actually, unironically) use Arch, b.t.w.

haha based XDDD put me in the sgrencap
and redbpilld

Attached: BASED.jpg (850x995, 45K)

from a user's perspective it doesn't really matter, there is not much reason to switch, wayland is only getting traction because it's a much better system for developers to build on top of
if you want to try it out then use GNOME or sway

upvote for you

Form a normal user's perspective, Wayland is better
Just the fact vsync should be perfectly reliable makes it better as depending on GPU config you might still get tearing on X
To have a clean install and not have vsync working just looks demonstrably shitty, especially if you are coming from Windows or mac

>if you want to try it out then use GNOME or sway
Suddenly I don't want to try it out.

>To have a clean install and not have vsync working just looks demonstrably shitty, especially if you are coming from Windows or mac
>has to change a fucking line
ye you have to go back, also none of the normie distros have screentearing

Attached: meinland.png (413x256, 88K)

you can get rid of that on X but it really depends on the WM and drivers you're using, but it is true that every wayland compositor i've seen guarantees vsync

>muh gnome is bad meme
disappointed people still fall for this

>muh gnome isn't bad meme
disappointed people still fall for this

>also none of the normie distros have screentearing
Either you're choosing to lie or just ignorant

>implying i think it's good or bad
nobody cares about your special snowflake DE fag, i don't even give a fuck about GNOME but my point is that they are the one that finished their wayland port first

>disappointed people still fall for this
gnome is actually very bad, its the antithesis of a proper linux environment.
A proper DE should take in account all the millions of cli and libraries the open source community has build over this decades, not just trim functionality for no reason.

I don't care who did it first. As long as there's only 2 DEs in a somewhat working state Wayland is unusable for most people including me.

gnome removed all the features because it's easier for redhat to maintain the code and for enterprise training, onboarding
thats my TAKE
so no point in keep bashing it, it's a product with a scope and it sucks for most users but not for the enterprises
I use KDE and sway btw

>linux
is a kernel, not an OS
>a proper DE should support every single bloated piece of legacy software from the last 50 years for no reason even thought that doesn't make sense and isn't even technically possible
please stop posting

then maybe you should ask your DE developers to port it faster or help with the port
or you could just stop being mad that you received an answer that didn't pander to you 100%

>then maybe you should ask your DE developers to port it faster or help with the port
Why should I? It works fine right now.

a blatant lie, if that were true you wouldn't have originally asked about what changes you could make to it

I never did anything like that. You must be thinking of a post by another user.

you don't need to convince me of anything because i don't care, the only one you're lying to is yourself

>gnome removed all the features because it's easier for redhat to maintain the code and for enterprise training, onboarding
no one trains for babytools, they changed those things to make it "more accesible" while not having port for tables nor phones, the absolute state of gnome lol.
RedHat is a collapsing corporation that had to be bought because no one uses their software, those that need linux install it them self.

>is a kernel, not an OS
you not funny

>please stop posting
you know im right

>then maybe you should ask your DE developers to port it faster or help with the port
please stop being this delusional, they just switched because they only give a shit about them self and the rest of the world doesn't exits. i dropped them very slowly.
first i used an old version of gnome
then i switch to a fork
then i dropped the fork but kept using some programs
then those programs started to be a bit retarded and lost functionality ex: gedit addons always broken, nautilus retarded dependencies and shortcut changes....
and now i don't even give a shit what they do, its so disappointing and useless software that i cringe when ever some says that its useful.

Is this your first time on Jow Forums? Not everyone with the name "Anonymous" is the same person. My first post ITT (that means "in this thread" if your newfag ass isn't aware) was this

>is the same person
it is, if you remove flesh and soul what remains is just one person. If you think about it you know im right.

GNOME is a free and open source project run by a non-profit foundation, it's officially part of the GNU operating system, a derivative of which is GNU/Linux
anyone can contribute including you, red hat contributes the most because they use it the most, but many other companies still do contribute too
the old versions are still around if you really want to keep the old behavior, keep in mind that if you don't participate in communities or give feedback then don't be surprised when things change against your interest, this is true of any project, not just GNOME

even worse, you came here just to shitpost, please leave immediately and don't come back

>gnome this gnome that
what a shit deflection dude.

No, I came here to show that I have no interest in switching to Wayland as long as there's only two compositors in a semi-working state, none of which appeal to me.
Then I got accused of saying Gnome was bad and lying because posts that I never made were assumed to be mine.

I'm not the shitposter here.

not my fault you lack basic understanding of the things you're saying and need it explained to you

then don't switch, we don't care, you are shitposting in a thread where you aren't welcome, leave now

>having a different opinion is shitposting
okay bud

correct, you're finally getting it, you can leave now

Good luck converting people to Wayland any time soon with that attitude. You'll need it.

you seem to be under the misguided impression that i care about converting anyone to anything, i don't

How much did Microsoft paid for these pictures?

(not him) its not a religion retard
nobody needs you, the technology exists and you can choose to use it or not
rhel8 is up until 2029 and xorg will be maintained until then. after that bsd or someone else that cares can maintain it
>mate
i want to know too

>It doesn't need shilling.
Then why all the shilling?

>i want to know too
never and they should just stop the development on that, just don't bother and do a rewrite.
If they are "adapting" it they should just kill them selfs.

>talking about a free and open source project
>shilling

to make you seeth
its just ifs and elses and wlroots, i dont know if its as good as sway but it was merged this week

>sway
sway was just a pet project like i3 was, those DE are much bigger and have tons of programs that make one single entity, you install a DE and everything works you install sway or i3 and you have to configure EVERYTHING.

I was talking about implementation quality since its also based on wlroots

underrated post

>sway was just a pet project
Maybe back in 2016, but now it's a very serious contender in the overall Wayland ecosystem.

That's JUST the panel. There is far more to a wayland compositor than just that.
It uses the wlr-layer-shell extension protocol, originally by wlroots, so naturally most wlroots-based compositors can use it. Mir showed interest in that protocol too, which is why they were pushing for it in Mate.

>implementation quality
wlroots made everything so much better, but there is still so much that can be improved.

PUNCH TREES PLACE BLOCKS!!!

Attached: 1562170451357.png (854x480, 315K)

I vaguely recall awhile ago that there was some issue in Xwayland where it would run at 60 FPS for no good reason. I'm assuming that was fixed.
Maybe running it with "vblank_mode=0" (which is a mesa option) would also fix that.

Who gives a shit, muy 10 year laptop wont ever run waygay

You live in such a privileged time you're lucky your 10 year old shittop can even run any current software period

Most Wayland compositors have OpenGL ES 2 as a minimum requirement, which is a really fucking low bar. Not to mention that Mesa can do that in software, anyway.
I have a Thinkpad T410 (originally released in 2010) which can run sway and weston fine. I haven't tried Gnome or KDE, though.

I remember times where websites loaded under 100ms and programa just needed 10mb to work, so no you full of shit, this last 8 years were fucking terrible, programs with less features than their predecesors, les features, more cripling bugs... de justo suvived becasue some big bros went open source like AMD, son y AMD the like

I'd like to see you're write a programa, Mario

>Who gives a shit, muy 10 year laptop wont ever run waygay
One of the major reasons Wayland exists is because X11 is incredibly inefficient.

Terrible beats not running at all which would have been the case at any other point in the history of the PC
Imagine having a 7 year old PC in 2005 and not even be able to open a usable browser to play stupid flash games as a kid because your 64MB Win98 shitbox wasn't up to the task
Just a few weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on a 12 year old Dell Core 2 Duo and it works fucking nicely for office and web work
You really have some nerve to complain about the "last 8 years"

Filename. Genius.

How do I get Wayland to run in Mint 19? I'm using Gnome 3. Selecting Wayland under Ubuntu just brings me back to the login screen.

Stop posting you underage retard
Fucking newfags i swear, go outside or something

Same.