/fugg/ - Forcing the Freedom Edition

The purpose of this thread is to provide alternatives for the google products/services.

Main goal: liberate yourself from the digital version of 'Brave New World/1984'

>Recommended search engines:
Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo

>Email:
Cock.li
Tutanota
Protonmail
mailinabox.email (easy to setup self-hosted email)

>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
Self-hosting your own NextCloud is your best bet for this but if you lack the knowledge or resources there's nextcloud.com/providers/ and disroot.org for a limited free option, you could use NextClouds p2p encryption feature or cryptomator to keep your files safe on a 3rd party server but that won't cover the motes, contacts or calendar sync

>Video Hosting:
youtube-dl + RSS for subscriptions for a YouTube experience that gets rid of at least some of googles tracking, invidio.us for a more ez-mode approach, dtube is also an option if you want to avoid YouTube altogether

>Smartphone:
Flash an AOSP rom like lineageOS without the proprietary google play services addon, Flash MicroG if you need an app that requires play services, SnailfishOS is an okay option, Avoid iOS that's moving from one proprietary walled garden to another

>Android apps:
F-Droid
Yalp/Aurora store (play store mirrors)
Adaway
AFWall+
Nesteps
Clover/Kuroba :^)
Newpipe (YouTube alternative)

>Recommended browsers:
GNU/Icecat, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
If you're going to use (or use already) Firefox or a fork follow the instructions over on www.privacytools.io/browsers/ for some extra browser hardening steps

And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Attached: nogoogle.png (840x487, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9wR4O
archive.is/N2qe8
archive.is/qntuk
archive.is/6fwAV
archive.is/YvGD5
archive.is/RWZvz
archive.is/GCcbz
archive.is/xFrXj
what-if.xkcd.com/63/),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kuroba
13chag*

what search engines aren't botnet
inb4 ddg
is yandex botnet? I'd figure it probably is

If only I could replace Android Auto. That shit is so comfy on my head unit, SO COMFY.

>Browser
Firefox/waterfox
>Email
Disroot
>Search
Startpage
>YouTube
Invidio.us
>Storage
Still need to migrate off Gdrive to Nextcloud
>Notes
Still migrating Keep to Joplin
>Hangouts
Telegram/signal. Though I wish wire would be more popular. Still have friends in WhatsApp and slack I can't get off.

It doesn’t have to do with google directly, but I’m curious as to what GNU/Linux distro you guys use.

Qubes or GTFO

Hey based retard, your router has a hardware backdoor. Avoiding Google means fuck all with regards to your privacy.

Add YaCy as search engine!

Everytime I tried it was trash.

>Firefox/waterfox
Waterfox for the win here too

User your spiderbots regularly to improve your results.

I use CRUX

>Yandex N.V. is a Russian multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related products and service
'nuff said

>DDG
archive.is/9wR4O
archive.is/N2qe8
archive.is/qntuk
Also (((Weinberg)))

>Cock.li
Is hosted by a Jow Forums-tard. If you trust the average Jow Forums user with all your emails then go right ahead and use it. Not bad as a throwaway though.

>Protonmail
archive.is/6fwAV
archive.is/YvGD5
archive.is/RWZvz

>Brave
archive.is/GCcbz
archive.is/xFrXj

DROPPED

Posting this here cus no better thread for it - does Kuroba support image/wordfilters?

Fennec from F-Droid is ok too

>SnailfishOS
It's fucking SailfishOS you lazy copy paste faggot

Just because you don't care about your privacy doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

I'm curious. Can one run his own search engine in his basement?
Is it even remotely feasible?

no, unless you already have a huge hdd farm there that just happens to index a ton of websites

How much space are we talking about?
Are we talking about hundreds of terabytes to get the minimal amount of data or are we talking about dozens of petabytes?

There's billions of pages out there to index, how good do you want your search to be? Petabytes and probably hundreds rather than dozens

scratch that in 2013 xkcd guy estimated 10 exabytes (what-if.xkcd.com/63/), it's probably hundreds of exabytes by now if not in zetta range

Wow. Ok, thanks.
Probably a bit less with compression(you can reduce the size immensely going zfs way), but it really isn't feasible.
One could probably index a small part which is relevant to one's interests, though.

Fedora on laptop and Ubuntu LTS on media server

Attached: 31989B0E04914CA3BD5AF54A7FA55EBB.jpg (609x700, 334K)

Dashchan*

sounds doable

feels good to be on winning team

Attached: brave-logo.png (654x768, 126K)

Is Iridium legit? The guide on spyware.neocities.org was pretty easy to follow to get rid of all the spyware. I'm guessing it's under the category of "Ungoogled-Chromium."

I tried using GNU/Icecat but it's too much of a hassle.

fuck off pajeet shill

>Palemoon

Confirmed botnet, remove from list OP

Good mobile browser for android?

Bromite

hijacks ads to show their own, screwing users and content creators
sells users' info to third parties

brave is literally cancer and you're fucking retarded

does my router really have a hardware backdoor tho? It's a kvm virtual machine running pfsense (i know, i know, don't virtualize the router, but it's good enough for home use), I dare you to get into the backdoor. Maybe the bmc on the hypervisor would count as a hardware backdoor but i'm not a retard that lets that connect to the internet

What does Jow Forums think about DuckDuckGo browser for android? It seems like a good alternative to chrome and brave, but I haven't heard much about it here

Kiwi

Is tutanota the only secure FOSS option right now for email?