How much worse is 6c+6t than 12c?

how much worse is 6c+6t than 12c?

Attached: sd.webm (1280x534, 2.86M)

depends on t and c, we need more data. if it's ascii, 6*63+6*74 is obviously more than 12*63

t=thread
c=core

>what is 6/12?

12c is 12c/24t

Imagine getting a 6core in 2019

you'll have to be more specific.
1 core can generally run 2 "hyper-threads"
so 6 cores can run 12 threads while 12 cores can run 24.
What do you mean by 6 cores + 6 threads?

It depends on the cpu, intel has cpus with no SMT

Why are women such sluts?

Because that man could never do anything about it, otherwise she would sue him for rape. Funny right?

Can I get some sauce for that webm, please? Strictly for academic purposes, of course.

>6c+6t
You mean 6c/12t

12c > 6c 6t

No shit, he's asking how much of a difference there is.

God fucking damn dude... How fucking autistic are you? OP fag made a very straight forward question, and you can't process something that simple?
The extra threads only really help out with dealing swaping between programs, generally give less than 10% of an actual core in most cases, maybe 20% depending on the program. Sometimes gives you worse performance as well.

An SMT "core" (hyperthreading) only adds about 0-30% more performance of a real core depending on the workload. As opposed to real cores adding near leaner performance on each additional core for parallel workloads

fpbp

>its a simple question!
>proceeds to provide a completely useless and uneducated answer

If you want guaranteed performance from multithreading then you want cores. Hyperthreading is out of order simultaneous execution and you can get a fuckton of cache misses by using it.

What show is this? I want to watch.

Attached: ren11.jpg (728x685, 99K)

sorry I don't know what the fuck 6c+6t means
and clearly, you don't either because your answer (on top of being fucking stupid & incorrect) doesn't answer what he's actually asking.

You cant sue for rape and unless she gets a rape kit done it's damn hard to get charged for rape.

If no one is around and no one besides the woman can prove that you were there, you can just punch a bitch, get a decent criminal defence lawyer ($3500+) and you will win in court, if it even goes to court.

I've beaten 3 assault charges and each time I was guilty but I'm not in America so dunno your laws.

idk but looks british to me

>0-30% more performance
No, SMT/HT adds exact, round 0 (ZERO) % of performance. It doesn't add anything, all it does is making use of idle resources(that are the same for both SMT and non-SMT cores) when a core is not fully loaded by any task.

I know how it works jackass, having it enabled still does add the ability to do more workload then not
Quit trying to act like you're smarter then the gallery

Well if you know then don't say misleading shit. Yes it adds ability to fully utilize existing performance, but it doesn't actually add any performance.
>Quit trying to act like you're smarter then the gallery
Given this thread exists apparently some need such explaination

>but it doesn't actually add any performance.
Its still additive (potentially depending on the workload) performance as opposed to not having it retard. This isn't a hard concept retard. Whether it's due to just microcode handling workloads differently with additional virtual cores is irrelevant.

Attached: 1474400126829.gif (144x255, 126K)

If you honestly felt the need to say that HT/SMT doesn't add raw performance when the thread is asking how much better it is to use these methods then perhaps you shouldn't be giving advice. Jesus that's embarrassing.

Attached: 1556873438248.jpg (593x767, 55K)

No it's not additive dear mr Retard. In case a core is fully loaded by a single thread you not only not going anything, but lose performance by trying to use threads you CPU has no spare power for.

6C/12T is about "8 cores" worth of power

Fpbp
Classic

It's from Look Away (2018).

Double threading improves performance by about 20-30% depending on how many of the calculations need to remain sequential. A 6C12T processor at its best is about as good as a 8C8T processor, given equal clock speed, instructions per clock and core usage otherwise. Therefore a 12C12T processor will be about 55-65% faster, and a 12C24T processor will obviously be 100% faster.

HOWEVER not all applications fully utilize all cores and threads, and realistically, especially in gaming, as of right now a 12C24T processor performs only marginally better than a 6C12T processor, as has been demonstrated by Ryzen 3600 and 3900X benchmarks in recent days. On Intel's side the 8C16T 9900K also only performs marginally better than the 8C8T 9700K in games at similar clocks, and even the 6C6T 9600K can somewhat keep up. Right now 6C12T or 8C8T is the sweet spot for games with some future proofness, 8C16T will be even more future proof, and 12C24T is overkill.

Thank you

> what is throughput