Help me Jow Forums...

Help me Jow Forums, I'm debating putting Windows 10 LTSC and Chocolatey with a bunch of startup services disabled on my laptop currently running GNU/Linux. Talk me out of it. It's so tempting.

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (1170x824, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-combo-mk270?crid=1759
chocolatey.org/packages?q=maxthon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go for it
you don't need a LTSC key just download LTSC eval from microsoft and renew the keys with whatever (i found a github one that would renew the keys but i forgot what one it was)

kys dumb attention whore

It's comfy

Link pls

does any of the software you're using require [operating system]? if not then don't install [operating system]

kys? I think you mean kms

What's so tempting about it? It's still far inferior as dev / admin environment. I guess you just rice your computer and that's it.

The WSL is what makes it tempting. I can do everything I already do, and more.

It's pretty ok

I mean it's not amazing but if you need windows and you want to have at least a bearable experience:

-LTSC
-Instead of installing that right away modify the iso with the optimize-offline script (read what it does so you don't fuck anything up)
-Optional: Disable defender and use something better, not giving suggestions because every suggestion some people here is going to take shots at anyways, but there are better alternatives
-Use KMS_VL_ALL, it does this thing where instead of a permanent activation it just automatically re-activates every time it expires which is really effective
-Use whatever, chocolatey, scoop (for me chocolatey hasn't been as good, I'd rather install the 2 things I want not available in scoop straight from their websites).

Just do what you want you big baby. What are you afraid of, that Jow Forums will bully you in desktop threads?

Well, for starters, you'd end up using Windows.

Using nonfree software will not allow you to do more. All you're doing is giving up your freedom.

>It's so tempting.
Just why??

What is the "more", exactly? All I can see from WSL+Windows is you doing a gimped form of the same things you do on GNU.

Don't do it. You have so much to live for.

If you don't mind Microsoft fucking you in the ass on a daily basis then go for it.

logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-combo-mk270?crid=1759

its the best comfy OS you will get and on par with windows 7 because its barebones and doesn't include that shit you see in PRO version
with some gpedit modifications you will get what a true Windows OS should be
>disabling automatic updates
>setting telemetry level to 0
>no Bloat like in the PRO version

I use W10 Pro with the Decrapifier Script from spiceworks (with a few of my own additions so that I don’t have to customize registry entries / file explorer / theme wtc. every time I reinstall) and chocolatey, so I don’t really have any use for LTSC (and I get feature updates). I highly recommend it.
I just wish fucking /copyprofile wasn’t STILL FUCKING BROKEN in sysprep so I wouldn’t have to manually set up / copy over appdata. Fucking microsoft. Fuck you I’m not going to script that, fix your own shit that I’ve been using without issue for years (copy profile has been broken since 2017. I can’t just choose between it and start menu customization because I need both and they don’t fucking work together.)

>optimize-offline
Does this work for every version of windows 10?

>Windows 10 LTSC
ok

>Chocolatey

Attached: Безымянный.png (1920x1080, 90K)

Any version from 1803 to 1903 including LTSC, Enterprise and Education at least.

scoop

This guy

>Chocolatey
>3 different packages for one same piece of software. Portable, install and ???
WHY. THOUGH.
chocolatey.org/packages?q=maxthon

Yeah it's not the best solution out there.

scoop doesn't have that much of a selection but it's clean, there's a separate bucket for non-portable applications, it doesn't have outdated shit, pretty quick to operate and update, pretty no-nonsense. I just wish that some shit was available through it.