How many of you are planning to keep using Windows 7 after end of life, despite the warnings from Microsoft...

How many of you are planning to keep using Windows 7 after end of life, despite the warnings from Microsoft? Do you not worry about rolling the dice with your computer security?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.wsusoffline.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The question is do I really care about my computer security

use linux 4head

I'll still be using it. Pretty sure big networks will be too as it's a big pain to set up and update everything

>rolling the dice with your computer security
I'm not a gullible boomer so I dont see this as a threat.

It's the push I needed to install Linux. Never going back.

8.0 is better.

Change my mind.

Lmao, it will be XP all over again.

>warnings from Microsoft?
What are these ?
Still on WindowsXP and never using Win7 or above like ever.
On Arch as my main driver now. Fuck Pajeets and fuck M$ shills. FUCK OFF.

not 8.1?

I gave 8.1 a genuine shot but amd stopped releasing drivers in summer 2017 for win8 altogether, so you might get some support from microsoft but absolutely no support from anybody else

ok nobody asked and nobody cares

8.1 is your best bet if you're running not absolutely the newest hardware.
i used it for the longest time with i7-2600k and r9 290 until i switched to slackware full time, it was okay.

Personally win7 with no telemetry updates feels much safer than win10 which gives public/commie computer vibes where nothing is really yours.

You're so rude and will die as bad person.

also have an r9 290x, ended up just going back to linux with windows in a vm but I stopped playing games so it's never booted

I'll probably switch to 8.1. I have some tolerance to bother but 10 is just ridiculous.

Why would anyone use Windows? It's malware.

>despite the warnings from microsoft
It's why the lot of us are still on windows 7, isn't it? Not letting microsoft boss us around.
>your default document reader is problematic user let me reset it to edge
>control panel items are obsolete, priority will be given to the screen space inefficient Settings more now
>we'll take care of update management from here, just in time for some new drivers
>your choices are update and restart or update and shutdown, it's for the best

It is but i want to make my SiS 900 PCI ethernet adapter to work with (32bit/i686) linux distros and so far haven't found any

You're right about not being bossed, but those criticisms are stupid because Win10 doesn't do a single one of those.

>NO YOU CAN'T USE AN OPERATING SYSTEM WITHOUT AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND SECURITY SUPPORT, YOU NEED TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10

Attached: f5f.png (434x327, 37K)

You mean you haven't either found someone to write it for you or you haven't found the skill to do it yourself?

You gave up your security a long time ago by choosing Windows.

say that when they hack you with one-single-shot exploit on your smb son of a bitch

I use 10 with auto updates disabled.

I will keep using until Firefox drop support for it and the internet start breaking for incompatibility (Like what happened with XP in 2017 or so), or I buy a better PC. In the second case, I'm going straight to linux.

Linux is just a kernel.

I'm not worried about security because I'm not a tard who goes on sketchy sites

windows is just a trademark

Sorry, but you know what I meant.

Android?

No. i mean i haven't found someone to actual help me instead of making snarky comments

You need help alright.

piss moment 6

Will I be able to download updates for win 7 through wsus after support is dropped? I'm asking because I may want to reinstall my OS in the future.

I just went over to Linux instead.

Android or ChromeOS?

It always has been "malware". The thing is its telemetry didn't reach out to be as invasive, infringing and immense as the same thing in W10. Windows always had telemetry, but it was never the focus up until W10.

Same here
I don't regret it
>With windows you get your shit faster done meme
Actually I get things done faster then ever today

It was always the focus for Microsoft, at least.

Do yourself a favor and try out Linux if you can.

Neither, xubuntu right now since I have to use a really old computer (no money for new one) , maybe a better distro later, but it does the job ok, I can do my shitpostin and some older games.

Just say Ubuntu. The DE is unimportant to the distro itself.

Eh, no matter it's all good.

>xubuntu

Factually speaking this is the greatest Linux Distro either way.

>security
if i cared about security i wouldn't be using windows. Shitposting doesn't need it. Nor gaming or my other hobbies.

What i have however is a separate max security laptop for banking &co. That one runs a custom minimal linux distro. So i couldn't care less if my windows crapstation gets fucked.

And lastly : updating does fuck all against zero days. You are not protected from getting wrecked just cause you obediently follow the newest install. And lets not forget ms destroyed people's systems with win10 itself several times already. They are a threat by themself.

Attached: 1559645306994.png (640x919, 479K)

Playing with toys isn't a hobby.

At least until browsers drop support for it.
It's just so comfy.

>muh security
if i cared about security i wouldn't be using windows
i haven't updated my system in years, microsoft pajeets can go fuck themselves

download.wsusoffline.net/
Download them all now and install later.

I don't even bother to enable updates in W7 anymore. I just install a fresh W7Starter and that's it. Just werks.

The only time I actually had to use windows update was when I installed Hamachi and it didn't work.

windows 10 LTSC with gpedit modifications doesn't have this problem
>inb4 feature updates
set update channel to Semi-Annual

>Do you not worry about rolling the dice with your computer security?
>have Intel cpu
I am already dead.

I consider modding a hobby. I'm doing painting skins mostly for existing models though i did some 3d modeling & rigging too.

I don't care, wintoddler.

Dude he's begging for attention because he's too stupid to do something as baseline as separating work from play.
Just leave him be

windows 7 download windows 10 system in the current and before updates if you want it or not.
your actually use most of windows 10 functions without knowing

>mfw Windows 7 SP1 vanilla, updating service disabled

Attached: mfw.jpg (500x376, 116K)

i'm a cute femboy slut who LOVES to be railed by malware UwU~~~ i want indian COCK

Attached: D-7Tl6TW4AAebu_.jpg large.jpg (2000x1775, 239K)

Piratefag here, it didn't download shit.

You're on one

k so your security is probably shit since its last pirate update was before 2017

I don't really keep anything sensitive on my windows pc anyways. I clean install at least once a year so if shit went down I'll just wipe and start again

If you're going to use Windows, use Windows 10 with all the updates installed. Running Windows 7/8/10 without ALL security updates is like going to the house of a Muslim grooming gang in a short skirt while being 11 years old.

It's going to be like XP where as soon as you connect to the internet, before you can even install any updates, you get malware over the network.

If you don't like "Software as a Service" install Linux or *BSD.

this desu

only iToddlers and trannies care about that

It's not without an AV, so it's not quite as shit as it would've been otherwise.
Then again, I don't do much more with it than simple shitposting and hobby shit.

install gentoo
but unironically

>It's going to be like XP where as soon as you connect to the internet, before you can even install any updates, you get malware over the network.
You do realize that very very few people actually connect their computers to the internet without a firewall of sorts? Yes, even your consumer router is a firewall and does not allow incoming traffic unless you forward the ports. Its completely safe to have XP, or even Win98 if you're not retarded about it.

This. To infect, you will need a vulnerability, like that print/scanner exploit in WinXP that compromised the whole thing for some time.

Win98 is actually safer because there are very little modern viruses that work with it. Security through obsolescence is real.

Bullshit. I know a guy who writes viruses for Windows 98 and Windows NT4 because banks still use them in ATMs. He literally hacks ATMs and gets free money because of Windows 98 security flaws

Yet you reply like a tard. gg monkey.

Just go back to /v/ already.

Shame temple os never got network support. Probably would be the safest.

Why would you want to connect Windows 98 to the internet today though? The newest browser that still works with it, even with KernelEx installed, is Opera 9.02 from 2012. Everything looks like ass and barely anything works.

What damage do you envision? Even if you become part of the botnet it's not a cost to you.

Opera 12.52 works on Kernel EX and has (mostly) full HTML5 support along with TLS 1.2.
I can browse fine on Win98se and do shotpost some times from it on my P3 1.2ghz PC (mostly used for 95-03 gaming, have a 486 used for DOS and Win3.1 games too)
Very useful to have these PCs networked since on both I can mount SMB shares and even remotely mount ISO images of games to them.
>But but but SMB1 is compromised!
Yes it is, so I keep these PCs and the SMB1 server in it's own VLAN while the rest of my PCs are using SMB3.

I want to install a ryzen 3900x on windows 7, but I get the feeling no decent x570 motherboard will support it. it's one of the only things holding me off from buying it immediately.

you should buy it immediately

every next month the chances of support are smaller

I need linux support if I can't get windows 7 sorted, so that I can just use windows 7 in a virtual machine instead.

>Opera 12.52
How did you do it? The latest one that worked for me was 12.02, and this one can't even play videos from youtube properly.