DLSS is Shit!

The competition can't compete. 5700/XT image sharpening kills the Nvidia.

Attached: dlss is shit.jpg (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7MLr1nijHIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gaymes!!!!!
18+ website.

I can't see the fucking difference

DLSS is technology

Still waiting for the 4K stream right now so had to use 1080p. But look at the round thing on the top of the tank on the right. DLSS turns it to mush.

what does 78% sharpened meme? its the best looking one. is it native 4k sharpened with amd's new shit? or is it lower res than 4k upscaled and sharpened?

Sharpened looks better than native 4k.

I'm sorry user but I think there might be cum in your eyes.

Attached: 1.png (1223x320, 442K)

Yup! Pretty neat. Also hardly any performance cost to it compared to Novideo.

78% of 4k (around 1700p) with sharpening.
It actually looks better than native 4k.
Radeon Image Sharpening is crazy, it completely BTFOs DLSS.

lol all that lost detail with DLSS. Nvidia are fucked.

Electronic video games started out as "by adults for adults" kiddo

>what does 78% sharpened meme? its the best looking one. is it native 4k sharpened with amd's new shit? or is it lower res than 4k upscaled and sharpened?

It's lower res upscaled with AMD and sharpened with AMD, gives superior performance and quality, also doesn't need proprietary DLSS bullshit

>started out as
exactly.
times have changed, retard.
grow up.

And best of all is developer agnostic, it's a driver level feature, so unlike DLSS doesn't require the devs to do anything to implement.

It still requires an update to work with DX11 (which it doesn't) and per game implementation via profiles but there are still more games (DX9 , DX12 and Vulkan) that benefit from it than Nvidia's DLSS.

thats amazing. can you do it for any resolution as well?

Uhh but that's not screen resolution difference, the textures are clearly @ different resolution. Does DLSS change your texture resolution?

DLSS is next gen technology provided by ML Tensor Cores. It's basically the power of Deep Learning brought to bear on video games. Every game gets a bespoke treatment using the power of the cloud for inference training. AMDs pajeet meme technology doesnt even begin to compare.

Yes.

Yes, it's a toggle in the Radeon control panel in the display options, which applies it to all games you run at whatever resolution you run them at. Currently there's no game-specific toggle, but I hope AMD implements that soon.
And as said it still requires the developers to a bit, but it's much easier than DLSS, and has a much lower performance cost (about 1fps on average on a 5700XT between sharpening on and off).

and yet here is the evidence.

>Uhh but that's not screen resolution difference, the textures are clearly @ different resolution. Does DLSS change your texture resolution?
Yes DLSS uses AI interpretation of image , so you get altered crap, Deep Learning is a meme.

>that DLSS
Is this a joke?
Lmao

Its not lost detail, this is a fake comparison. The textures on the tank arent loaded properly on the dlss image.

Proof: the guys shirt looks nearly the same across all three pictures. The only thing thats "blurry" is the tank.

DLSS causes some blur but that loss of detail isn't possible without lower resolution textures. Or in this case it seems like the gayme is loading the wrong lod textures just for the tank

Fucking Jewtube slow updating the 4K stream.

Cope

been a joke for a while
upscaled 2k has always been a better choice. dlss is ass

I get that but what we see here is clearly high-res vs low-res texture and not overall screen resolution difference. Like mentions it's almost like LOD fucked up and didn't load close-up textures. Is DLSS the reason? Fuck if I know, but that would mean Nvidia fucked up something in the drivers.

thats not proof and thats not how it works. dlss constructs the image based on AI, similar to how you see random weird shit in deep fakes. it can and does mess up some pieces of the image because thats how AI works. nvidia made a big gamble and unless their AI can improve a lot, it looks like it wont pay off here.

Stream here.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MLr1nijHIo
Wait for the 4K version because Youtube is being it's lousy self as per usual.

DLSS on the right. Detail is GONE!

DLSS doesnt alter game textures its a post process, maybe dont talk about things you don't understand

Here is a real dlss comparison, you can see that dlss is even blurrier than taa (kek) but the textures are visibly the same. DLSS isnt that great but OPs image is flawed

Attached: IMG_9206.jpg (3840x2160, 1008K)

here is another factor, it's all shit upscaling to 4k it's great for consoles and maybe some PC users
but it does interesting things to native 1440p too
from comparison I've seen it's basically like running AF x64, if it was possible, for textures and distant objects

Why bother making the game detailed when novidia tech will make it blurry as fuck anyway. This is retarded.

t. anime lover

Look at the back of the headrests in the rear seats. Blurry shit with DLSS.

Holy shit Njeetia PajeetLSS is completely destroyed.

>look at this image from nvidia marketing materials, goy

More importantly it's barely less overhead than native 4K. DLSS is suppose to be budget 4K, but even 1440p TAA looks better with less resource demand.

>I thought this might be a texture issue for DLSS but I captured the footage twice and it looked the same both times
HUB

Dilate.

As far as your memeing goes, it really doesn't seem like result of DLSS, at least not directly. I'd rather expect novideo drivers to fuck with textures when he turns on DLSS.

Nvidia drivers are a joke in 2019.

Damn this shit is juicy, might get the 5700 even though i have a 1080p monitor at least to when i ugprade

>1920x1080 JPEG compressed screenshot of compressed YouTube video playing at 1080p
>supposed to compare image quality of 3840x2160 images
What's the point? You literally cannot even see 2560x1440 level of detail in the screenshot you posted, not to mention 3840x2160 because it's too low resolution. Beyond that you even JPEG'd it when the whole point would be to evaluate fine detail. This screenshot is entirely worthless, though DLSS looks so bad that I'm more inclined to believe that it isn't even using the same texture resolution. Even DLSS renders at higher resolution than your screenshot, so looking this bad at 1920x1080 doesn't really make sense.

As I said. Had to work with what I had and PNG was too big for Jow Forums. I could have cropped it but still. It's till fucking obvious which is better even with these constraints.

Couldn't be more wrong.
Cope more, faggot.

>Vidya is for kids only
Your life must be boring, might as well kys now

Attached: 1492890072159.png (380x380, 235K)

Theyve been a joke for years but blind fanboys dont care because they'll literally never use amd ever anyways. I sold my crossfire 7950s during the litecoin craze of 2014 and picked up a 780ti. Incredibly, I had way more issues with the 780ti than i ever did with TWO amd gpus in crossfire.

Ill buy an intel gpu before I ever give nvidia my money again

>might as well kys now
What sophisticated, adult logic you possess.

The fact that it's 1920x1080 is the biggest flaw. Again - your image literally cannot display all the detail 2560x1440 or 3840x2160 can. It's fucking retarded to compare a 2560x1440 upscale to 3840x2160 at 1920x1080. You cannot see the extra detail or any upscaling artifacts because your image is literally too small.

DLSS looks obviously shit, but having seen DLSS myself the image in the video is so obviously shit that the video is either faked (lowered texture resolution) or the game is suffering from some other issue, like the textures were still streaming and were not yet displayed at full resolution. I very much doubt DLSS alone is doing that, especially since the resolution DLSS is rendering at is also higher than this screenshot, as such there should be no significant difference in the detail reproduced in this image. DLSS adds some "oil painting effect" which is ugly and very obvious, but that's not what we're seeing here.

>You cannot see the extra detail or any upscaling artifacts because your image is literally too small.
>the video is either faked
>I very much doubt DLSS alone is doing that
>there should be no significant difference in the detail reproduced in this image
This is your brain on NVIDIA.

Attached: literally.png (1845x384, 1.16M)

Attached: stfu.png (847x274, 55K)

nvidiots are the current cancer of pc hardware. at least intel fags were willing to admit when amd pulled ahead, usually.

I'm talking about OP's 1920x1080 screenshot user, not whatever you posted now.

I knew you'd appreciate reasoning over as a simple "kys faggot"

A JPG captured from the upscaled image on my 4K monitor. :))))

Same, I switched to AMD from Nvidia in 2014 and it's been smooth sailing since, only times I had issues was the first two months of Vega drivers, but they got fixed quick enough.
But everywhere you go you read this garbage that AMD drivers suck, when the Radeon Settings menu is light years ahead of the pajeetware Nvidia control panel.

I use both on my two computers (rx 580 and gtx970) and both have their share of problems. But if amd ironed out their incompatibilities with some older games (Most of the time you can get them to run properly but it's easier on the nvidia side of things) and improved their performance on opengl in winblows I would just go amd and never look back. I don't like nvidia as a corporation and even in their infinite budget they still find ways to fuck up their drivers and to milk the consumer with barely passable cards (rtx 2060 with 6gb of vram? No thanks the gtx 970 it's the last vram starved gpu I'll ever use)

Good, this does not change anything about the inadequacy of OP's image. I wanted to see the difference between native 4K and AMD's new upscaler, which the image is essentially useless for because any extra detail or upscaling artifacts are obliterated by the downscale. I don't care about DLSS because it was obviously shit from the beginning and we knew that since it released.

>but having seen DLSS myself the image in the video is so obviously shit that the video is either faked (lowered texture resolution) or the game is suffering from some other issue, like the textures were still streaming and were not yet displayed at full resolution. I very much doubt DLSS alone is doing that
>I don't care about DLSS because it was obviously shit from the beginning and we knew that since it released.
So this is the power of the Tensor cores...

The only thing that makes me want an Nvidia card is better OpenGl and nvidiaProfileInspector, my RX 580 has been great so far.

That was in response to this part of the post I quoted >It's till fucking obvious which is better even with these constraints.

Having had both, yes Profile Inspector is a great feature that I wish AMD would implement. As for OpenGL, what even uses that anymore these days?

>As for OpenGL, what even uses that anymore these days?
Not that user, but emulators. Most notably Wii U and Switch emulation has always been crippled on AMD cards. Even though they are both supposed to get a Vulkan renderer who the fuck knows when.

Why did they turn down the texture quality for Nvidia?

Because Nvidia cheats in the driver.

Wow all the butthurt nvidiots in this thread

Nvidia has always produced worse image quality, so DLSS is just Nvidia doing what they do best.

All 3d modeling software uses OpenGL.

What do you mean?

Nvidia is probably compressing their shit to get higher fps.

Can I use this for VR to take advantage of the Index's 144hz or the Pimax's full resolution in VRChat?

I generally call BS on all DLSS and AMD Sharpening threads but damn the one in the middle looks better, especially the reflections on the back on the tank.

Novidya takes every shortcut to improve FPS, which is why people say AMD has better image quality

Nah, something is fucked in their setup. DLSS looks bad but not that bad. Here are some crops I made myself, one is 4K native and the other is "4K" DLSS. DLSS is obviously blurry compared to native but it doesn't shit on textures as bad as what is shown in that video. If you look at the plants though, you'll see that DLSS is completely disastrous on those though.

Attached: a.png (1347x1539, 3.11M)

>youtube
can't see the difference since that shit is blurry regardless.

And here's the other one. Open them in different tabs at 100% zoom to accurately judge the difference. It's very obvious which one is DLSS and which is native but it doesn't look like what this video shows.

Attached: b.png (1347x1539, 3.59M)

How much fps boost do you you get with Radeon Image Sharpening?
Retard.

Top is DLSS. Why did they never fix it for BFV? In Metro Exodus they fixed it after complaints

Worst bit about this is you have to wait for updates from Nvidia to get any better results while AMD's just does it on the gpu then and there for practically no performance loss lmao.

DLSS makes the foliage look like its fucking melting lmfaooooooo

Maybe now finally Nvidia will release the DLSS sdk so anyone can develop their own DLSS filter to apply on any game.

So you can get +30% fps for almost free? That's amazing.

Those images are old, to be fair. I took them 3-4 months ago. I don't know if they fixed it or not now but it was god-awful then. You can clearly see that what DLSS does to the textures does not look like what this video shows, though. It doesn't look like in this video though, so BF V updates either made DLSS even worse since I last tried it or there is something fucked up with their game, settings or testing process.

What is shown in the video does not look like DLSS, it looks like low-res textures. In fact if you compare the foliage in my DLSS shot to the foliage in the video, the "DLSS effect" is missing too. So yeah, something is either fucked or DLSS has been changed drastically in BF V.

This sort of artifact is quite typical of certain neural network upscaling algorithms. You can get things like waifu2x to do this too, but you can also get excellent results if they are used properly. NVIDIA has seriously fucked something up to get it this bad, it literally looks worse than any traditional upscaler.

There was RadeonPro, but it ripd. I don't know if it will work on newer cards and drivers. Worked fine on 290 and Catalyst, might try it when I get home on my Vega

Those pictures convinced me that the tank one is legit. Dont you see that DLSS (your first picture) does exactly the same thing on e.g. the stones as with the tank - it literally smears out all the small sharp details on the textures into a smudged blurry flat looking surface.

It's actually quite noticeable. Everything looks like it's been thought the waifu2x upscaler.

DLSS has ghosting while moving in game. Something you don't see in pictures.

>This sort of artifact is quite typical of certain neural network upscaling algorithms.
Which is why it's a fucking meme in the first place, on one hand you have amds image sharpening that does it on the gpu, you know it can do it and you have it in your hands. On the other hand you have dlss that you have to wait for updates for and hope that nvidia actually does it and doesn't just one day give up on it. Almost like paying for an online game only to find out the company decided to close the servers down. On top of this it's shit.

Neverwinter Nights 2, still gets stutters. As mediocre as it is I was playing Prey 2006 and it was stutrering a lot, I thought it was a OS compatibility problem but it uses OpenGl 2.0. It does have a Linux port so thag would probably run better but still.

I'm not saying that DLSS is necessarily disabled, I'm saying that in addition to that something looks wrong with the textures. If you look at those white dots on the glove texture in my DLSS shot you will notice that they are more blurry, but they ARE still there. They aren't reduced into absolute nothingness. Same for the finer detail on the gun like the little nicks and wear on the metal, they are blurrier but still present. It's obviously worse, but it's not like they're completely gone like what is going on in this video.

Yeah, though waifu2x can produce excellent results with decent quality input images and if you don't run it with maximum denoise like a retard.

I never noticed ghosting with DLSS, but then again I never used it for anything more than fucking around in the practice area to take a couple of screenshots.

Neural network upscalers can and definitely do produce better results than traditional ones. Waifu2x when used properly and on the right kind of content is a good example, but mpv and madVR also have neural network upscalers which can look very, very nice. Something is just fundamentally fucked with DLSS itself, the core idea of using neural net upscalers is sound.

I personally find this whole upscaling shit borderline useless anyway. Just buy a monitor which your GPU can power properly and play native. You'll get the best image quality then. If you want sharpening or such, there's always Reshade which is customizable as fuck and can produce some amazing results with a couple of effects tuned properly (like adaptive sharpen and/or Clarity).

It looks like one of those "deep learning" google paintings.
You know the one, with fractal dog faces.
what a joke from nvidia.

>If you look at those white dots on the glove texture in my DLSS shot you will notice that they are more blurry, but they ARE still there. They aren't reduced into absolute nothingness. Same for the finer detail on the gun like the little nicks and wear on the metal, they are blurrier but still present. It's obviously worse, but it's not like they're completely gone like what is going on in this video.

There are a bunch of other places in your picture where the small details are completely gone though and reduced into nothingness, like the surface textures on the stones to the left of the gun. The only difference between your picture and the tank one is that on the latter, the effect is on an object that is close to the camera, very big, and in your face.

Nah, I still don't think that's right. The missing detail on the stones is super fine, in the 4K image it basically turns into little dots of strands of color that are 1-2px wide. DLSS renders at a lower resolution (around 1440p I think) so a lot of detail on that level is going to be lost simply because there isn't enough resolving power at the lower resolution. It doesn't remove larger things like the bolts on top of the tank or such, those are large enough to be their own shapes, not like dots of dust on those stones.

I don't know, where did they take this video? Is it a standard benchmark I can run? I can try to replicate their results and see if it really does look as bad as the video.

Looks like it was run through an hq2x filter.

I remember this was after an update to DLSS in the game, before this update the result looked like more like "normal" blur and not this sort of smeary oil painting shit. I think they tried to make it sharper and fucked it up.

Nobody complained about DLSS looking like shit, because nobody uses it.

Clearly the DLSS algorithm doesnt work the way you think it works. There are many details that are much smaller than the stone surfaces but which DLSS has not smeared away completely into a featureless blur, for example the leaves. It seems DLSS just has a tendency to go haywire with the smudge tool when confronted with the wrong texture, and in OPs example it completely shat its pants with the tank.