>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - Overkill FPS for most GPU/monitor pairings
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity.

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games. Wait for 5700 XT non-blower cards for higher end
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible FPS, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Wait for non-blowers if considering the 5700 XT. 5700 blower is fine and comparable to 2060S noise levels, due to being low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>See "more" for VRM chart

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

prev

Attached: 1562622127419.png (1280x720, 791K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Vsb2pG
youtu.be/EUWVVTY63hc?t=24
pcpartpicker.com/list/WZzvgw
rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/1440p-144hz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So Seasonic is objectively the best right?

No. It's not 2011 anymore.

Nice D.va dakimakura. Where can I get one?

Is it worth waiting for Zen 3 and AM5? If I buy a AM4 motherboard right now, is it basically going to be obsolete next year?

Yes.

Zen 3 is 7nm+ AM4

Am4 supported THROUGH 2020. DDR5 is not ready yet. If anything, DDR5L would be available next year, with full DDR5 rollout in 2021. If I weren't so lazy I could give links, but I am.

To the guy with the iGPU problem, I agree with the other user and you should rma both cpu and mb.
You also mentioned paste getting into the pins? That is most likely the cause of your problem.

Why is every panel 27" now?

3600mhz cL17 or 4266 cl19 for Ryzen 3900x?
Those are the only2 I can get my hands on

Will the RMA not notice there was paste in the cpu socket if I clean it well?

1440p is wasted on lower res

reasking
difference between buying from amd website 5700 vs buying sapphire 5700
is the manufacture different?

Attached: 1562627685424.jpg (355x495, 106K)

I'm hoping it is the cause, gonna try to clean it tonight

>still cant buy 3900x anywhere in UK
REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1559982207230.gif (275x187, 1.1M)

You can only hope they don't. It really depends on your luck.
Maybe the tech won't spot it

4266 ofc

I am self employed. I edit video and do photo work taken as RAW files from my DSLR. Local Microcenter has the Threadripper 2950X 16c32t for $500. Vs the 3900X 12c24t for $500. Which am I better off with?

>considering buying a blower
>ever

3900x or just buy an iMac Pro.

but I want 1080p

Today i will remind then

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-002929_YouTube Vanced.jpg (2960x1440, 383K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/Vsb2pG

Using mostly for photoshop and occasional gaming
I've already bought the GPU and RAM.
Anything else I should change?

Attached: D6z0RsRU8AEYZAG.jpg (2419x3225, 1.57M)

That's zen 2+ though.

Hope the problem gets solved after cleaning it and I don't need to RMA.

It's not a lot of paste tho, look:

Attached: IMG-20190701-WA0013.jpg (3264x1836, 1.14M)

Comfortably waiting for my 3700x and 2070 super to ship

Why the hell do they have to change sockets every two years and they're not retrocompatible

It's not like the mid end AM5 Ryzen will be bottlenecked by the speeds of the Am4 socket

AMDfags on actual suicide watch

Msi gaming edge x570 WiFi
Vs
X470 taichi
Change my mind.

>paying a premium to end up LCing it
no thanks

Attached: 65832_07_amds-next-gen-zen-4-arrive-5nm-2021_full.jpg (1300x731, 82K)

buy it from france or ireland
it'll probably arrive to your home before your local retailer manages to restock

Come back in a year then

There's no zen2+ you fucking retard.

would zen4 be the new chipset then?

Come back in a year.

Did you follow this guide?
youtu.be/EUWVVTY63hc?t=24

why do you retards keep removing the pcpartpicker saved configs from the op ?

>One of us. His 3D waifu is fine too.

looking for a good gaming monitor for under 600. Ideally 1440p, 144hz, either going to be getting a rtx 2080 or the ti. Is there a "sweet spot" for monitor size? I see a lot of 27", should I stick with that size or go for bigger if its within budget? Also, what about HDR? Worth it?

>bought a Creative x-fi titanium ages ago
>still soldiers on like a trooper
good card

Burh. Get a 5700 XT. RT and DLSS is a meme.

Alternatively recommend a board without wifi but with adaptive RGB in the same price category, x570 only.

Lmao

>350 for the card, if you're lucky
>250 for the kit
>barely beating a 500 dollar card

JUST GOT A 3900X ON NEWEGG
WOOOOOO

Be the op if u want a thread with that gay link in it

Yeah rgb is so much more useful and important

Tfw bought a 2200g and now the 3200g is just more 12eur

I already have fans for it, and in that budget tier is mostly a baseling feature. I shouldn't have mentioned it because most likely it's there. But feel free to recommend a mobo, on par with those two in a similar price range. I want it for a 3700x, and the built in wifi is very attractive.

i'm upgrading from a nvidia gt 540 and would like to use it this summer before being cucked by work in september
is the
>wait for nitro+
really worth cucking myself this summer?
legit question

still available if anyone wants one

Attached: 3900xnewegg.png (993x276, 142K)

Built my PC and started playing yesterday. My friends can hear all my YouTube and game noises when I'm discording with them. I'm using a mic splitter with earphones, do you guys have any ideas what's wrong?

pcpartpicker.com/list/WZzvgw

Rate please. Coming from an old Sandy era 6c12t Xeon with 16GB RAM and Nvidia Quadro FX5800. I have so much work on my plate lately that my encoding times and literally preventing me from finishing more work (and thus getting paid). I don't know what CPU cooler would be good either. Is stock enough to handle a 3900X under 100% load with PBO in full swing for literal days on end?

Enjoy your fps drops worse than a 3700 lmao

That ram looks absurdly expensive, isn't it just 3200 cl16?

>Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

Still have only $28.
My i7 2700k system isn't going to sell for enough to buy one, either.

How you're using the splitter

no, that's the c14 b-die kit

Ah, guess I googled poorly

Get your ears checked and put the volume down a bit

only case to wait right now is if you're looking to buy a 2080S, the mid range cards are out and benchmarked.

Are your headphones open back?
Dial up the slide on discord mic settings

Like an echo or like full blown relay? Maybe it's somehow using stereo mix

if you only need 32gb ram, you'd be better off getting 4 8gb sticks that are single rank instead of 2 sticks that are dual rank

push to talk you nigger

aaaand it's gone
if you missed it, better luck tomorrow!

not interested in nvidia lower price/perf

What does single rank and dual rank mean

voice activation with properly calibrated treshold and headphones > push to talk savagery

after watching some 5700/XT reviews i came across someone mentioning sapphire vega 56es for 250€ (in germany) with someone else adding that flashing those to v64 bioses means getting close to 2070 performance (of course excluding rtx memes).
im currently running a 4690 and a r9 280x, would that v56 be reasonable with this chip (and potentially a newer system later down the line, with amd being fine wine and all that), maybe even without the flashing (which has people decidedly being undecided on wether its worth it)?

Non-blower 5700 XT and 2070 Super fucking when?

single rank, one set of memory chips
dual rank, two single ranks on one stick of ram, takes additional processing time to access memory because it has to calculate which rank to access

S2716dg

DLSS may be a meme, but the verdict isnt out yet on RT

It was discussed here as well, and you need the pulse variant for some reason which is a bit more expensive than others.

i thought i'd have to spend over 2k for high end gaming but looks like it cane be done for less than 1500

My PC has two Jack's and I use a splitter to so my earphones can enter both jacks
>Open back?
No it isn't using stereo mix

How much of a performance loss would I get running 4 sticks of dual rank RAM? Money really isn't an issue as is and I wouldn't mind just buying 4x16GB of CL14 3200MHz now. I'm RAM starved on my current machine when working and it's a shitty feeling.

Nixeus edg27s v2 400 ameridollars

well, i explicitly found the pulse at mindfactory for 250 (which had me surprised as well)

What do you do that you need equipment this powerful?

Lucky, around here that costs more. Although having a polaris card, I won't upgrade soon since I would need a new monitor as well.

>be me
>waitfag for 10 years
>timetospend.jpg
>buy vega 64 nitro+ with 2600X
>5700xt and 3600x come out
should i return them and wait for AIB 5700xt?

Attached: 1562174660581.jpg (1080x928, 110K)

For a 3900X, is DDR4 3200 CL15 worth the extra $75 versus a pair of 3200 CL16?

no

Nah 600$ means he should go ips

rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/1440p-144hz
No idea how good it is but it might be useful

i checked some other places and the card is usually around 300 instead, so would this be a good buy in general with thinking about flashing memes later?

if you need the capacity then that's all you can do
I also got 2 sets of 2x16gb for my build
but to answer your question, I haven't seen a benchmark yet comparing single and dual rank with new ryzen and x570 so I'd just be guessing

go for 3600

Depends on how much you paid for Vega. If more or less as much as XT costs, consider returning your stuff. Or stop thinking about it and be happy.

Take a whole shit load of pictures at 10K x 10k. 4k videos, slo-mo shots, you name it. Started with family photos, weddings and parties but recently discovered a gold mine for parents who want video of their high school kid playing sports to send to their prospective college in hopes of a scholarship. Word travels, and now I have like 30 people who all want this sort of stuff. The 3900X and dual 2080Ti's sl DRASTICALLY cut down on my rendering and encoding times. Less time crunching means more jobs done means more money made.

Can I drop any ddr4 into an amb system even if the memory box doesnt have an (((amd apporved))) sticker?

430 euros
cheapest i found incl shipping and tax

>bought the cheapest b450m mobo
>It supports up to 3900x and lets me ajust timings for each ram channel separately
>bought the cheapest 2x8 3000 ram
>can get 3400c16, probably 3600c17 too if it wasn't for the imc
>bought the cheapest Apu
>can do 4ghz with stock voltage or 3.85ghz with 1.26v, and runs BF4 on Ultra 60+ fps without a gpu
Rich snobs BTFO'd

I guess it is but look up the whole thing because I didn't pay too much attention to it when others mentioned.

are any of the new gpus released in the $150 bracket? i'm going to be buying a gpu in the month or so