Loonixfags BTFO

What do you think?

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s

Attached: E7072762-BBDA-4984-870D-DDCD1CD092AB.jpg (750x1192, 534K)

Why is his only concept of media creation (((Adobe))) products? Even people who actually do this shit for a living are getting sick of them.

The comments are great tho

Gee, I know a lot about him right off the bat too. Most prominently, I know he cares more about how something looks than how something works. Designers and UX people are a fucking cancer.

Why does he say Photoshop is needed for front-end dev/full-stack? Isn't that the job of a graphic designer/web design? Or are those roles commonly picked up by webdevs as well?

meme

Looking through it more, it’s basically just the old tired
>GNU/Linux doesn’t have this one particular one of the many great tools one could use for this task.
>therefore, GNU/Linux cannot do this task and it sucks.
argument. It’s like booting up a system and seeing that it doesn’t have “Disk Management” and coming to the conclusion that it can’t format drives. It’s like, gparted, nigger, or fdisk.

“Linux is bad because it doesn’t run photoshop”

I think some people just view their time as a really valuable resource and when you work in a tech stack that you're really comfortable in, it can be hard to justify spending the time to transition to a new one -- tech stack includes OS/applications.

If your job isn't so much about coding as it is coordinating people or designing (even code design), you may just have a productive workflow that would be an inconvenience to break.

Or you may have a job where you're tasked with working on Windows or Mac or maybe deploying onto a Linux server even but your entire team uses OS X. Sure, in your head you might think you can integrate yourself well into the team with your own toolchain, it may be less of a headache to make everyone use the same configuration so debugging and replication steps are not a pain to communicate.

Basically, use whatever you want at home but if your job tells you to conform to their toolchain it's probably in the best interest of the team you comply.

But it can run photoshop, wtf?

I tried watching his channel but all he talks about is silicon valley nonsense and is trying his best to become a full time youtuber

Google really does hire simpletons now

>frontend dev
>Photoshop
what the fuck, we have a team of prototypers and designers who do that shit. Probably worked in some shitty startup and ended up being a jack of all trades.

>implying Linux is a timesink if you use the correct distro

>Muh adobe products that run perfectly on WINE

Attached: arch1.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

I think that Linux is a kernel.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x615, 94K)

No Linux is bad because it's shit.

Baseddev opinion discarded

Thread will be swarming with IBM employees soon to defend their tranny kernel

media creation on mac/windows?
I work as a sfx artist on big bidget movies and we use mainly linux with a couple peps running windows.
the rendering farm is all linux though
no one uses adobe products here (even though most started out on them)

You know that this guy is just a troll and his videos aren't serious, right Jow Forums?

Imagine being such a utilitarian dead inside materialistic drone that your soul has completely lost its natural inclination to beauty, and - worse - even finds uglyness okay.

Attached: quote-beauty-matters-it-is-not-just-a-subjective-thing-but-a-universal-need-of-human-beings-roger-sc (850x400, 69K)

>no artistic ability
Eh kinda true
>No front end
Unless we're talking about webdev, I have no problem making applications
>Full-stack, entrepreneur
I think that implies having other people do work for me, so why does it matter what OS I use?
>Google drive
Not only do I use it, it's integrated into my file manager
>Mobile
Also have made multiple Android apps on Linux, no problem at all. iOS needs Mac, so I'm beat there
>Dangers of dual boot
Only the ignorant fear that. It never breaks as long as you're not rarted, and if it were to happen, it takes seconds to fix. Although, I don't use Windows on my daily driver anyways.
>Boxed in
If the employer thinks that an experienced Linux user is a liability, I didn't want to work there anyways

Overall, this might be relevant to webdevs, but you can't certainly be a computer scientist on Linux. I feel like my career has definitely driven me towards mathematics, and especially data science, and I feel like employers look kindly upon my Linux usage

>Platform is bad, because (((they))) don't make software.
AutoDesk, what the fuck, make fucking AutoCAD for Linux already. Your Mac version is waste of money, while Linux won't be. I promise.

what do I think?
I think that some random asshat who admits to pigeonholing and judging people, is completely irrelephant

>You can certainly be a computer scientist on Linux
Sorry, typo

nice argument, retard. go eat your crayons

Omg... That's some mega bullshit there.

OK, if you are a professional photographer, you might use some software like Photoshop. Agreed.

I run a software company and I have been using Windows for ages, but I am really considering switching to Linux, because I can definitely do some developments better.

Full-stack my ass, he prolly means some backend shit like node, some db shit like SQL and some frontend shit like html/css/js. Why the fuck shouldn't you be able to do that in a Linux environment?

I feel like Windows starts to limit me what I can do (e.g. Running a dev environment locally and deploy to production).

>Ex-Google Tech lead
Tells me a lot about him. Like his breath probably smells like dick.

If humanity consisted of nothing but people like you, we as a species would have amounted to nothing more than cave paintings. Everything since then is attributable to utilitarian hard-headedness.

>It never breaks

Since I installed Windows 10 about 6 months ago, to boot alongside Windows 7, it has mysteriously broken the OS manager for no reason at all, leaving just Windows 10 as being the only bootable OS. What a strange occurance.

I don't think software can be beautiful in the sense that Scruton talks about

>Dual booting windows and windows
There's your problem, get grub installed.

Maybe I'm just a normal user that doesn't give a shit about software development and multimedia editing and just want an OS that doesn't spy on me or sells my soul to advertisers?
Jesus fuck, what a pompous chink.

I think techlead is postimg his videos here himself to troll newfags.

>wine photoshop_cracked.exe

What are you gonna do now?

Attached: Devilish_dfec03_6238404.jpg (500x567, 53K)

Linux == kernel
Google drive == botnet
Dropbox == botnet
His search for freedom led him to windows, and he thinks GNU users are the misguided ones? What a fucktard.

How will Loonixfags ever recover?

>marines post on Jow Forums
shiver

>no artistic ability
>implying all art is digital or requires a computer

Yeah! Fuck the Marines! You tell them buddy!!

I don't care about what this shill is blabbing. People shit on gimp a lot but it can do a lot of shit you have no idea. Is it as good as Photoshop? No, but who's stopping you, in case you really need it, of running it under wine?

There are a lot of arguments that can be constructed based on the premise "I know a lot about you if you run Linux" but "you can't use photoshop therefore you aren't a frontend or mobile dev" is not one of them.
Some of the other stuff is also completely irrelevant. "I know that you don't use dropbox". Wowee, how insightful, since I use an OS I am probably not using software not supported on that OS! My turn: if you're using a mac you're probably not using Visual Studio, and if you're running Windows you're not using Konqueror. Did I get it? Did I get it?

Also isn't google docs literally a web application? That runs in the browser? What am I missing?

I don't understand this meme. It takes 10m to install arch. Isn't that even faster than installing Ubuntu? What is so painful about creating partitions and adding the filesystems, mounting them and install a boot loader?

>doing all that manually for no good reason

Attached: arch3.png (378x388, 31K)

SO FUCKING TRUE, we don't deserve the Tech Lead.

>full stack dev
>photoshop

wat

I'd rather live in beautifully painted caves than in your brutalist hellhole.

Attached: utilitarian wet dream in communist Romania.jpg (600x600, 89K)

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1544436357606.png (709x869, 522K)

He ain't wrong. If you're working in a creative field, you need nonFOSS which inevitably leads you to needing windows as well.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (764x452, 59K)

jesus fucking christ, I'm baited and also very upset

Attached: b8.gif (520x360, 1.95M)

>webdevs don't use linux

I have had 0 problems using linux as a web developer

No you don’t. Unless you’re working in a company where there’s a top-down mandate of proprietary tools (in which case you have no choice), there’s no reason why you can’t use Free Software for these tasks.

This. It’s:
>HTML, which is code
>CSS, which is code
>JavaScript and all of its 10-million frameworks, all of which are code.
Aside from the tools for making assets, which have already been discussed in this thread, it’s all code, which can be written anywhere there’s a text editor or IDE.

form follows function, which is - for me, personally - the ultimate expression of beauty. A spoon, a bottle, a transistor - they do one thing, do it well, and henceforth are marvellous in themselves.

A computer operating system that made its way through by bribing the OEMs is *not* beautiful; same for the one that exists only because an egotistical individual stole code around. The silicon valley tards are so detached from the real world they think that people who do not use a computer with an apple drawn on its back somehow lack any artistic ability and the lunacy they call "UX/product sense". Basically, this nigger implies that my GF who played piano for 20 years has now no artistic ability because she likes using debian.

Google hiring practices are hitting a new low with this faggot. This whole pic implies that there's no other programming except for webdev.

Also
> don't confuse a backend for a frontend
I wrote a frontend in C++ once. On my gentoo laptop.

You're quoting a philosopher who never physically produced anything of worth. It's of little value to talk about beauty with someone who doesn't fully understand what does it mean to produce something that someone else uses every day.

Fuck, all this shit made me mad.

No. You need it because nonFOSS for creative tasks is objectively better and faster. Saying it as someone who uses both free and non free software on a daily basis and makes the comparison on by project basis. I can live without FOSS. I can't live without nonFOSS.

The only exception is in 3D graphics where Blender might be - in some very limited use cases, like interior archviz and indie games - a viable replacement for Max or Maya. But in most cases you'd be forced to use Substance Painter to match the quality and speed of other professionals.

If we go on the audio side of things there are no viable FOSS options. LMMS is a joke in comparison to FL or Ableton.

Resolve is a viable replacement for After Effects IF YOU BUY PLUGINS. So you might as well pay a subscription at that point. And it's not a FOSS anyway. The FOSS options are inadequate.

tldr; only FOSS is not viable for the creative field and won't be for a long while. Probably never.

What is the most productive thing you do in your Linux Desktop?

orchestrating microservices for the company I work for, writing code in Clojure/Go/C++, browsing Jow Forums. What about you?

Prove it.
I don't use Linux.

Wow, the jewgle bot is severly butthurt

Attached: 02.gif (316x280, 1.17M)

>You're quoting a philosopher who never physically produced anything of worth
He's an erudite music composer, you arseweed. He's produced more than you ever did and ever will. But you obviously wouldn't know that, you're the kind of guy who thinks Liszt is a brand of chocolate.