How old is your PC and does it ever "feel slow" to you?

How old is your PC and does it ever "feel slow" to you?

Attached: 1562804085006.jpg (285x280, 15K)

2013 vintage i7 3770

doesn't ever feel slow

my dad has a 2017 shittop he bought from Wal-Mart (it was the cheapest one). he always complains that it is slow, but he runs windows and is not smart enough to avoid malware.

Not since I installed loonix

PC at work: Skylake from 2016, doesn't feel slow unlike previous Win7 desktop, despite running the same full-blown McAfee malware suite (largely due to SSD)
PC at home: Haswell from 2014, doesn't feel slow
PC at parents place: prebuilt Trinity from 2013, doesn't feel slow, but runs hot and sucks at the occasional video game. The first one to be replaced with a Zen2 build, I can probably keep the 750 Ti though.

2013 i5 3570K. Doesn't feel slow at all. I do my gayming on a console, so I don't need to upgrade unless this machine fails or I do something new..like encoding HEVC video.

2014 i7-4790k
extremely snappy and fast, although I'm probably going to change the ssd soon (still using a 120 gb sata 3)

2 & 1/2 year but I personally only had it for a year and half.

And it doesn't feel slow then again I'm on i3. More bloated software has it's issues at time. But for the most part, I feel like I'm on a fresh install.

built it in 2014
Yes it does, especially in new games

2015 4690k
It's on the verge of feeling slow, had to oc it right away to 4.5ghz so GTA:o isn't maxing it out all the time

December 2011
yes

Year and a half
Yes becausr i use kde

>How old is your PC
11 years old
>does it ever "feel slow" to you?
Only in comparison with the new ones

2011 Intel 2500K, mainboard and 8 GB DDR3-1666 RAM
2015 SSD and Geforce 970

It's okay. Lags a bit when first booting and immediately opening browsers and programs, but afterwards it's fine. What makes or breaks a light task computer for seamless use is an SSD, not how powerful your CPU is or how many dozen gigs of RAM you have. In fact my computer at work is even older, 2008 Intel quadcore, and it still does what it's supposed to do. What feels slow to me most of all is my internet, not my computer.

i3 6100U running 4gig ram single core

it feels weak af but i can do python and shit with it; decent battery life when it's on minimal light and running Parrot linux

lightweight distro, 7 hr bat life (got like 2 with windows 10). 15.6 inch screen that's bright enough when needed.

i'm gonna replace this thing asap

My 2016 pc with a 6600k felt really slow when I started gaming at high framerates. Now i just got a 3700x and it never feels slow.

shitposts like greased lightning.

Attached: A10-7800-APU.jpg (400x400, 57K)

I built mine about 6 years ago at least, i7 2600k, gtx 660, 8gb slow ass ram, upgraded to ssd last year. Everything feels fast except games made in the last few years. I game at 1440 on this spec, I just turn settings down and don’t worry about it. Why stress over trivial things

2008 ThinkPad T500

Feels pretty snappy because I installed gentoo on it. And yes it is corebooted.

Attached: screenshot.png (473x239, 23K)

2013, it hasnt felt slow since i built it

>How old is your PC
11 years
>does it ever "feel slow" to you?
Only when I open firefox and then when use it for several hours and/or with too many tabs (+10)

No, never. I know I could have substantially better gaming performance, but that's mostly irrelevant to me as I'm not that into gaming anymore.

If you swapped out the CPU for a 9900K I doubt I would notice.

Attached: Speccy.png (761x503, 21K)

To be quite honest it performs fine 4 years on, I notice a hiccup here and there when playing newer games, but that's quite rare these days so for general use, design work, video editing, and scripting in python its fine.

Attached: Desktop 1-6-19.png (1920x1080, 898K)

Design bloat matches improvements in hardware so everything has felt the same speed for the past decade to me.

I haven't bought everything at the same time.
4790K - 2014
2x8GB RAM - 2015
Mobo - early 2016
1TB HDD - 2014 or older
Like 3 SSDs - all over the place, all several years old
PSU - 2015?
2080 Ti - early 2019

It doesn't feel slow, but I am hitting CPU bottlenecks in a few games despite playing at 4K and only aiming for 60FPS. RPCS3 also doesn't perform the best, plus the rare heavily threaded workload is obviously way behind a modern CPU with 2-4x as many cores as mine. I'm thinking of grabbing a Ryzen 3900X.

It never feels slow but sometimes there is this burning smell. That's normal right?

Attached: speccy.png (783x521, 67K)

pull out your video card and blow out the dust

4th gen i5 and 970 it does it’s job I even upgraded to 24gb of ram

I need that wallpaper NOW user

No, but now this fucking thing has started BSODing for reasons unknown.

Just gonna splash some cash next time and get a Mac. It did ok for 5 years.

Attached: Capture.png (1046x775, 218K)

It's 20 years old this year, and yeah it does feel slow. The internet is very hard on it. I can't really bare to replace it, though. Too much sentimental value.

Pc is lightning fast until I need to plug in my 8tb spinning rust drive to archive something. Solid state was a revolution

i7 2600k
Havent found a problem running anything on it. Nothing lags not even high-end games. Not even when I run several virtual OS's

Youre either bullshitting or havent got a clue

2014 FX 6300 and an R7 card. Feels powerful AF.

Have Zen 2 in my computer. Never slow and uses low power :)

Fine mutha-fucking wine.

6700K and 980 Ti, so essentially 2015 top tier.
Never feels slow to me, but I'm itching for a sidegrade / upgrade to a Ryzen 9 3900X / 5700 XT now.

10 years
Yes

2015 i3 4170
No, it's surprisingly snappy for a dual core
I'd consider getting 16GB of RAM instead of 8 though

i7-2600k and r9 290
i had issues with windows getting slow (microsoft retardation where even if you don't install a single thing and barely even touch your pc windows will slow down after 2-3 months)
i installed linux (slackware) and it's fine.

4670k, 16GB of ram, spinning rust drives
Not really, but I do often push the workloads beyond my CPUs capabilities and max out my ram regularly. Its annoying and I wish I had the spare cash for a Zen 2 3900x, but I'm holding off for another year before I upgrade.

11 years
it just werks