Can fit an USB A

>Can fit an USB A
>But not an USB C
What the hell were they thinking? What the fuck is that stupid useless piece of shit port in the middle anyway?
What do I buy now? The XPS 13 and the Razer Stealth are even more expensive, and I don't really trust Asus Zenbooks.

Attached: surface laptop 2.jpg (1256x708, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
youtube.com/watch?v=M_nlPopsHMo
slimbook.es/en/pro-x-en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please respond, what ultrabook should I buy?

Prestigio SmartBook 141 C2

Carbon X1

This

You should already know that everyone here will just tell you to get a chinkpad.

I recently bought an XPS 13 and it's actually comparable in price to surface laptops. You can get a 4k, i7, 16 GB RAM , 512 SSD XPS 13 on Costco's website for about $1200.

That's what I bought and it's a great laptop, with some driver issues. If I can't fix them in going to return mine. Maybe you'll get lucky and have no issues.

huawei 13

Applel.

lel, at least they know their audience.
That design is terrible too, looks like it really was made for neckbeards.
>That fucking price
Fuck no.

>You can get a 4k, i7, 16 GB RAM , 512 SSD XPS 13 on Costco's website for about $1200.
Man, I wish I were American.

Attached: lenovo-laptop-shutter.png (582x327, 47K)

Are you a yuro? Hp is also having a sale so you can get a similarly specced go spectre x360 for $1200. Or spec it down for less than $1000. Idk if that deal applies internationally though.

>contemplating buying a microsoft hardware product for even a fraction of a second

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 195K)

What where you think you where gonna pay for a enterprice focused ultrabook?
and about the design, its not our fault that you have bad taste...

Yeah, but I really care about my shitty keyboard layout, otherwise I would have bought from the US.

Say what you will about thinkpads strengths, but they have the industrial design of a computer from the 90s.

you're dumb but I'll answer anyway. the dumb useless piece of shit port is mini displayport, objectively the best display output to have on a laptop because of MST. And they could obviously fit some USB-C ports, very easily, but then why would anybody buy Microshaft's overpriced surface dock over any other USB-C dock?

What dont you trust about zenbooks?

Get an Apple air.

Surfaces are absolute shit.

T. Surface Pro 2 owner.

>"Old == Bad."
Nice argument Zoomer.
Stop buying laptops like an instagrammer

This. They're cheaper and have better screens as of a few days, and USB C flash drives are cheap

>You can get a 4k, i7, 16 GB RAM , 512 SSD XPS 13 on Costco's website for about $1200
holy shit I'm in Bulgaria and an ENTRY level XPS 13 is like $1900

And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm freeeeeeeee

I don't trust the build quality and reliability of their products.

I've never owned an Apple product, I don't have the money for it and I don't like change anyway.

I won't pay 1400€ for 8gigs of ram (non upgradable™), a 1080p screen, an underpowered 8th gen i5 and 256GB of storage. I don't care how incredible it is, with that price and those specs, I won't even consider it.

What's so bad about it?

Holy shit nigger how long will this price be there?

The first two Gens were admitidly worse, mostly because 16 by 9 is a terrible aspect ratio for anything that you'd want to use in tablet form.

You can't actually use them on your lap comfortably. They keyboards fall apart easily (felt layers seperate). And the keys themselves suck to type on.

For any work that requires a significant amount of time with fingers on keys, I'd rather have any clam shell design. Even an old slow shitty one. Currently refurbishing an ivy bridge cheapo Asus laptop to replace my surface pro for work. I fucking hate this thing.

No idea. It's been there for probably a month now. I would imagine just until they run out of stock.

No USB-A
No Nvidia
Less models/specs to choose from
No certainty that the product will be supported
All OS:es except MacOS and Windows is blocked (Probably means that when the support runs out on that model you wont even be able to upgrade MacOS)
Apple takes no responsibility for faulty manufacturing
Useless unless you have an AppleID that vacuum everything you do like emails and browsing history
Apple CEO sees it as his mission to unperson everyone that disagrees with his politics
Faulty Keyboards
Breaking chargers + cables
Overheating
Planned obsolescence
The whole series of computers is slowly becoming Ipads with permanent keyboards
No touchscreen
No SD-card reader built in
Exploding batteries
"They used to be better" AKA they are total garbage now but they used to be just crappy
The worlds highest valued company makes about 5 new computer models per year (three of those are just upgraded CPUs) and they still have more problems than one from a company that barfs out dozens of models a year liek Dell, HP and Lenovo.

Yeah... get one of those!

Attached: 9180b592-98e6-469c-a709-b5913389ac29.jpg.png (1600x1600, 1.4M)

inb4 watch the Apple bois defend this!

Attached: 1539436046727.jpg (700x512, 24K)

It's over the top and you could make a similar list for any company tbf. Lenovo is chinkware that sends your info to the Chinese govt. So is Huawei. Dell and hp have quality control issues. Microsoft glues everything shut.

>get an adapter
>cope, AMD will win
>I'm only buying the base model + storage anyway
>it will be supported for several years and you have better customer support + warranty than most
>you can easily turn of the feature blocking Lunix in settings
>they do take responsibility and it's covered in a 1 year warranty
>AppleID is just part of MacOS, perfectly good thing if you have other apple devices
>Have sex, alt-right incel
>Which are replaced for free for 4 years and will be changed soon anyway
>I've never had a mac or iphone charger break, I'm not a retard who treats them like shit
>Stop trying to run AAA games
>Implying chink shittops will last longer
>Retarded subjective opinion
>Touchscreen's are shit and everyone who uses them on laptops has greasy fingers
>Third party dongles that compliment the design and add plenty more ports including SD with no wires exist and work
>Even if this were true they'd replace it while dell would need a lawsuit and chink manufacturers wouldn't whatsoever

In conclusion, cope dilate seethe and have sex you alt-right incel.

Attached: 1559789719738.png (383x455, 97K)

Theres an AMD powered ASUS Vivobook on Newegg right now for $500. Four USB ports, one of which is Type C. SD card reader, HDMI out, ethernet, audio jack, separate power line in so you don't lose a USB while charging.
Tons and tons of Dell and Samsung systems as well.

Contrary to sperg opinion here a Lenovo Thinkpad is not the only decent cheap laptop on the market.

In conclusion
Why have things when you can pay for not having them and claim warranty.
tfw the Onion saw this ten years ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
"ill buy almost anything if its shiny and made by Apple"

This, but extremely sincerely and unironically.
FUCK Surface and FUCK Surfacefags.

Surface products are unironically innovative and forward thinking. Except for their ports.

Lenovo is chinkware that sends your info to the Chinese govt.
Fuck off, reddit.

>No USB-A
Good.
>No Nvidia
GOOD.
>Less models/specs to choose from
Good. Simplicity is a virtue.
>No certainty that the product will be supported
???
It's Apple. Literally one of the few selling points.
>All OS:es except MacOS and Windows is blocked (Probably means that when the support runs out on that model you wont even be able to upgrade MacOS)
Apple is still updating laptops from a decade ago.
>Apple takes no responsibility for faulty manufacturing
Because manufacturing is the responsibility of Foxconn.
Apple will still give you another computer or free repair if it's a manufacturing issue, despite that, though.
>Useless unless you have an AppleID that vacuum everything you do like emails and browsing history
No, you can still use the laptop without an Apple ID. Things just won't synchronize via iCloud. You can still use any other service you'd like, though.
>Apple CEO sees it as his mission to unperson everyone that disagrees with his politics
Alex Jones was like 2 years ago. Get over it.
>Faulty Keyboards
Fixed with the newer models. Blown way out of proportion to begin with.
>Breaking chargers + cables
Breaking news: Cables tend to fray.
>Overheating
OK, I'll give you that one.
>Planned obsolescence
No. Just no.
>The whole series of computers is slowly becoming Ipads with permanent keyboards
What makes you think that?
>No touchscreen
TouchBar.
Touch screens on laptops are overrated.
>No SD-card reader built in
Not a big deal. They've dropped standards before.
>Exploding batteries
Literally happened once.
>"They used to be better" AKA they are total garbage now but they used to be just crappy
You sound butthurt.
>The worlds highest valued company makes about 5 new computer models per year (three of those are just upgraded CPUs) and they still have more problems than one from a company that barfs out dozens of models a year liek Dell, HP and Lenovo.
Dell and HP's laptops both have shitloads of problems as well.

>"and you could make a similar list for any company tbf"
Sure you can if you include everything one of those companies manufacture.
But if you cut out all stuff that isnt in the price range of a mac you wont find these problems.

Give me the proof of Lenovo hardware spying on users.
I have never used a Lenovo with the stock OS on it.
Either i get the computer reinstalled via PXE boot so that it joins the company domain and folds in their standard.
Or i install Linux on it.

>Surface products are unironically innovative and forward thinking.
Surface is literally just a laptop with a detachable keyboard. They've done nothing to improve tablet usability.
Surface Laptop is literally just a MacBook but worse and somehow less repairable, which is almost impressive.
Surface Studio's alright, albeit underpowered and non-upgradable.

Be honest, the products are really just pretty.

Nice rebuttal, weeb

>an USB
>an
This is wrong.

My god this is sad user...
Must be stressful having all your taste crafted by a corporation in silicon valley.
But congrats! You seem to be one of that "Small number of users" ™Apple
that accept being fed shit all day every day.

>Thunderbolt 3 can do everything every other port can do, and better.
>lmao
>oh no, no more 12-inch macbook, whatever will we do??? (besides get an iPad Pro which is basically the same thing except cheaper and more powerful)
>think you're confusing Apple for Google here
>few people ever buy a MacBook for the sole purpose of putting Arch on it anyway
>why should they? they design, not manufacture.
>blatantly false.
>tim cook mostly stays out of politics entirely, from what I've observed.
>butterfly did nothing wrong.
>cables are cheap and non-proprietary. easy to find. not a problem.
>most laptops throttle. that's why they're not as powerful as desktops.
>in this field, apple isn't really one of the companies you could throw the whole 'planned obsolescence' bit at
>personal opinion
>OK. macOS doesn't need a touch screen. people rarely even use the touch screens on their laptops anyway.
>yeah, bummer.
>one time.
>another personal opinion
>I've had Dell and HP laptops that both died in under two years. the Dell one would lose power if you picked it up the wrong way. apparently, this wasn't a defective unit. that's just how the models were designed. Dell's official advice was, "Don't pick it up that way." If you're going to namedrop companies for quality, don't go straight to Dell. Lenovo's stuff is spyware.

Based

Attached: 1562777241753.jpg (1920x1303, 327K)

Get a surface book and don't look back my nigger.

Attached: 71TCixvQotL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 19K)

>coping
>"Im not using it therfore no one does"
>coping, you dont even know what im talking about. What if i want a powerfull GPU in my laptop? What about ar rugged one? What if my company uses Smartcards or antitheft-locks. Perhaps we need other ports. But i guess thats not a problem when you can cope with millions of dongle, thirdparty overpriced solutions or just pretending your needs dont exist since Apple dont serve them.
>Google is not creating high end powerfull machines. Come back when you can buy a new macbook for 150$
>coping
>They still sell the product/stand for them, other brands does AKA coping
>youtube.com/watch?v=M_nlPopsHMo
>sure, perhaps most of the time but when he gets in there he is very regressive. not that important but still
>Blatantly false
>coping, Why not send premium quality cables for the premium priced product in the first place?
>Sure most do. but since the limited selection i cant for example get one that sacrifices size for thermals.
>Sure if you dont care about their licencing. I can run a 2008 computer on a 5+ years old OS to.but thats not "supported".
>personal and wide spread opinion
>coping
>Indeed
>my Thinkpad once where in a batch that Lenovo thought perhaps had faulty batteries, i entered my serialnumber in a web form, they said that im probably safe but they still want to make sure so they gave me a calender to book a technician. i booked it and on that day a Lenovo technician came to our offices, took apart my computer and made sure everything was fine (and it was) and left. everything took about 20min abd was free. The model had been out for about 2 months not 4 years. Thats the standard i hold a premium product and ist support to.
>No, its from people saying that the laptops from 2-3 years ago was better. but when you have heard that from the same people for 10 years+ it dont add up.
>Did you pay Mac money for it? If so why cant you cope with quirks of a PC and not a Mac? and its 2019 not 2015

Attached: 1546383442543.png (679x680, 98K)

XPS 13

Is last year's good if it's 4k, 16gb, 512, for 1200?

Why exactly do people buy an ultrabook? Just buy a regular laptop. Laptops nowadays aren't that much heavier than an ultrabook but is much more capable (compared to ultrabook of similar price point) and much easier to upgrade.

This isn't 2011 anymore

>I don't trust the build quality and reliability of their products.

I've been using zenbooks (programming/design) for about slightly more than 2 years now and they still run fine. Maybe give em a shot?

Portability, build quality and autonomy.

Yeah. The only thing they changed for the 2019 model is the webcam placement (which I never use). In a way it's inferior because it lost windows hello (use it every time you open the laptop).

Thinkpad X1 Carbon if you want the best
Huawei Matebook if you want a Macbook clone for less money

Attached: 81Ctda1P19L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 100K)

>if it doesn't look like a fagbook it's bad
Buy a macbook then

I can put Linux on chinkpad, thus solving their spyware shit. I can't do that anymore on fagbooks.

>somehow less repairability than macbooks
>hinge scratches anything it touches
>overheats more than a macbook
The screen is neat I guess.

>chinkpads aren't compromised on the hardware level

At the moment its not proven.
And if they where that would probably affect the mac as well since they are made by foxconn

This bad boy:

slimbook.es/en/pro-x-en
>native linux
>mate screen
>1.1kg
>nvidia 250
>i7
>non soldered ram
> 2 m.2 slots
>1000 euros

Attached: slimbookprox.jpg (1500x750, 72K)

>1366x768
lmao PC faggots BTFO

Doesn't have my layout and I don't trust those literally whos kickstarter tier pc makers.

Get whatever one you like and can afford. That's the simple answer.

Their logo is atrocious, and is unfortunately prominently displayed on the back of the device. It looks like it would read as Slime Book intead of slim. Terrible. Only a blithering retard with zero marketing sense would go with that name. Its also horribly over priced for the hardware provided.