Apple Hate Thread

I need to rant.
I'm sitting here at work and I have to set up an iPad and a Mac for some employee, and I swear to god, every Apple device I've ever used has been the most unacceptably dysfunctional piece of shit. I'm convinced that everyone involved in the design of Apple operating systems is fucking retarded. I've been spending the last 2 hours trying to do what would have otherwise taken me 5 seconds on any other operating system. I can't even do the most simple of things without having to jump through several hoops.
Here's an example of their stupidity: Since Apple decided that 2FA is mandatory and there is no way to turn it off, I have to set up the accounts with 2FA enabled. Ok, fine, whatever. I have the laptop linked to the tablet. So I go to install an app from the app store on the laptop, and it asks for the username and password, with an obvious username and password field. So I put those in, and - nope. I also need the 2FA code... Except there's no field to put it in - just the username and password field. Apparently you have to combine the 2FA code with the password in the password field, because these dumbfucks can't even create a separate field for the 2FA code. Who the fuck thinks *USERNAME* and *PASSWORD2FACODE* makes more sense than *USERNAME* *PASSWORD* *2FA CODE*?
I have to update the entire OS just to be able to install Excel, which this employee needs. I swear to fucking christ, if I still can't install Excel after this update, I'm telling the IT manager that the guy can either use an alternative to Excel, or the laptop can go in the trash where it belongs.

Attached: apple-shit.png (480x300, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

consumeraffairs.com/news/android-devices-send-10-times-more-data-to-google-than-iphones-082218.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do your job IT monkey

You sound like a retard. Learn how to use Unix better, you retarded wintoddler.

Getting irrationally angry when working with specific technology will hinder your ability to learn new things, and make it seem more difficult than it really is. I recommend you try meditating.

>Who the fuck thinks *USERNAME* and *PASSWORD2FACODE* makes more sense than *USERNAME* *PASSWORD* *2FA CODE*?
If it's Apple that does it then it makes sense to me

>I have to update the entire OS just to be able to install Excel, which this employee needs. I swear to fucking christ, if I still can't install Excel after this update, I'm telling the IT manager that the guy can either use an alternative to Excel, or the laptop can go in the trash where it belongs.
I was wondering whether you should be told, but you know what, I want to see the reaction. Excel on Mac is terrible and is stripped of a solid 90% of its functionality. It's pretty much useless garbage.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1542665545016.gif (500x491, 376K)

but should I use brew or macports??

On macOS and iOS, 2FA codes are only added to the end of passwords on outdated systems. All iOS and macOS devices released in the last 9 years have a dedicated 2FA prompt.

Sounds like op is a third world raj and works on antiquated technology. Try getting a real job with a company that has the money for a hardware replacement plan.

Why would that assist with using an unrelated OS?

You should be managing this using something like Apple DEP and JAMF.

>Why would that assist with using an unrelated OS?
macOS is Unix.

Apple didn't mandate 2FA, your company's just shit.

Apple does not allow 2FA to be removed after being enabled (right decision)

Fpbp

>macOS is Unix.

That is as retarded as saying "BSD is Unix".

Is a thing a thing because it has certain properties or because it has a certain name?

I've never had to enable it, we just encrypt the drives. Any 2FA is usually done through DUO when requested.

Is a cat a dog because it has four legs and fur?

No it isn't. Learn what Unix is, newfaggot.

That’s because you’re an actual enterprise user and OP is a cocksucking consumer IT slaveboy

>I have to update the entire OS just to be able to install Excel
That's either your own retardation or the system admin's fuck up.

>try out an iphone
>hate it
>go back to android
>sell the iphone
>this was like two years ago
>have to change my phone number at some point
>have to switch back to iphone for work
>can't use my fucking apple ID because it wants to send the 2FA to either the old iphone, which was a 6S from years ago, or my old phone number, neither of which I have
>KNOW the fucking email and password
>no option to even answer security questions
>make me wait like a week for account recovery

Apple can eat a dick.

Sent from my iPhone.

>it’s Apple’s fault I’m a nigger and don’t use a password manager or keep track of my phone numbers
WE

What? I knew the password, and I didn't have the phone number anymore because I changed it. Learn to read.

>use a password manager

Attached: 1498496380782.png (600x567, 999K)

I read it perfectly fine, my point still stands. Next time don’t be a retard and leave an old phone number attached to an account before changing it, schizo

It must be nice being under 18 and having to keep track of just your Rebbit, Insta, and FaceBook account passwords

Didn't think I'd be going back to iPhone, because I never would have of my own volition, because Apple is shit.

street shit harder iJeet

TRANSLATION: I told my dads boss I was good at computers and he hired me to fix up some shit but I bullshitted him and now its come back and bit me on the ass. HAELP MI PULEEZ!

>I’m too much of a child to not update my information on accounts I own
Teri ma ki chut
Most white people in the United States use iOS. Are you a foreigner? You do understand that 4channel.org is an AMERICAN website, right?

I couldn't have logged into a years-dormant Apple ID after my phone number being unexpectedly changed, would I, you fucking retard?

I'd imagine it must be nice to not have to turn on the lights at night because you glow in the dark.

If it's American, why is there no US flag in this thread? Check fucking mate. Claimed in the name of ol' Lizzy, yank.

Attached: LIZZY.png (1449x724, 84K)

Why would your phone number be changed unexpectedly? Are you actually telling me that you use a phone number through your carrier for 2FA instead of a dedicated VOIP number that doesn’t change?
Welcome to the internet, sigh

Memes are for children, please feel free to continue using 4channel.org in 2025 on your 18th birthday
>mudslime
Cringe

Nigga stfu r you saying if he were to open programs on the terminal it'll cause excel to open?

Say that again and we'll see if another one or two of your towers don't fall down.

>actually typing 'sigh'

The irony is palpable.

>redditspacing
Fuck off windows baby

bass

>I have no argument

Nice.

Moving on, the iPhone XR I have for work is also just a laggy piece of shit compared to the OnePlus 7 Pro I've got next to it, it can take like a good 3-5 seconds to open Google Photos, for instance, while the 7P does it in like half a second every time.

When I scroll on web pages on the iPhone, the next noticeably 'smears'- not so on the OnePlus.

Where did this meme come from that Androids were laggy?

>oneplus
He uses a phone from a CHINESE spyware company
Cringe

>redditspacing

Are you actually using that unironically?

Is this your first day on 4channel.org, ledditposter? Please familiarize yourself with 4channel.org rules and regulations before continuing to post.

>he thinks his iPhone isn't spying on him
>he thinks his iPhone wasn't made in China

el oh fucking el

>He doesn't know that reddit spacing is a 2016 meme
>He doesn't know that it's purpose is to have new users to the ste self identify by the unironic propagation of the meme

Or maybe you're just here to glow in the dark?

I don't even have a reddit account, been here since 2003, and I still space out my posts to make them easier to read.

>glow in the dark

What? Stop thoughtlessly regurgitating memes, your teenager is showing.

Is this the best that the government can send to monitor Jow Forums?
You're making CTR look competent in comparison.

OH NO NO N ON O
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1536000701736.png (627x912, 562K)

If I were with the US government, I wouldn't be encouraging people to not use iPhones.

>duh your phone does so I can excuse my own
Fix your life, high schooler

perro caca
salutations from /sp/

Attached: 1519020546495.jpg (480x640, 38K)

It's almost like my point was that every phone does it and you cannot escape.

consumeraffairs.com/news/android-devices-send-10-times-more-data-to-google-than-iphones-082218.html

Chinese companies aren’t to be trusted, foreignfag

>using Chrome

found your problem. You can get Chrome on the Apple App Store and then it'd probably do the same.

Chrome is the default browser on android and is used by most android users. Chrome is not the default on iOS, shitter

You're using software that is not supported anymore then, the 2fa code is asked as you'd expect on the latest ios/ipadOS/macOS

Everything older than macOS 10.9 and iOS 6 does this

i took the bait but are you dumb?

I have a macbook pro at home and at work and i LIKE THEM. Deal with it

I've never handled an Apple product until yesterday. My mother bought an iPad Pro and played around with it for a few hours then suddenly the wifi stops working right. It's unable to connect to anything other than apple.com and wikipedia.org. Fucking error message pops up every 5 seconds saying it can't connect to gmail. I decided to just wipe the thing but it can't even do that without connecting to iCloud. We eventually figured out that if you select "Wipe all network settings" that fixed the problem. I'm just stunned by how a boomer with an iPad could nearly brick the thing in 2 hours trying to set up their email. Also the swiping gestures are fucking retarded and don't work half the time.

>gmail
Cringe

yikes

>you are just using it wrong
kek

i have a toilet at home and at work and i LIKE THEM. Deal with it

Attached: 1544017496065.png (709x869, 542K)

Imagine not being able to understand every single thing Apple does? lmao Apple is for high IQ like me after all

Indians buy old thinkpads and chromebooks lad.

Attached: Reddit.png (800x480, 212K)

>Jow Forums: The Highest IQ Board

bass

cope

I would beat the shit out of anyone that uses a Mac tbqh

bass

>never sign out of icloud account or DEAUTH device from my icloud account
holy shit, people like you are going to flip the tables and make apple fags actually look like 4,000 IQs

Attached: airplane sun power man.jpg (800x800, 187K)

super bass

A mac is just a proprietary bsd box with a proprietary userland and kernel, with all the gnu cli utils, you can even install kde or a wm on a mac if you want, chill dude.
I use arch btw.

stupidest people i know use apple

he is using a bsd derivative, bsd is a Unix derivative. he is not using Unix. he is very far from Unix, he is using an operating system that would follow Unix ideology but it doesn't. please stop thinking apple shit is Unix it is not. I bet you're a zoomer who thinks it's cool to open a terminal on your apple ® Mac® book®® pro®®®.

lol you are such a complete fucking idiot using a google app to benchmark between a google and an apple phone. what the holy fuck how do you survive

thistbhfam

Have to hold option/control to simulate right click
And for that reason I'm out

yikes

This, and also the one plus 7 is legitimately one of the fastest phones I've ever used in any application aside from the razer phone.

My mom uses a mac and after a year it runs like a 4 year old computer.

BnR

>macOS has these flaws
>ok but it's Unix
Reminder that this has been the standard shill response for months now and that you keep replying to it.

>mac
found your problem

I don't understand how people defend macOS because it's officially POSIX-certified.

Like, okay, but it deviates so far from any other UNIX-like operating system to be utterly distinct. Maybe the kernel and command-line utilities, sure, but not its native API, graphics implementation, and or the entire UX.

SIP by default pretty much disables root modification of system files. Much of the filesystem is anemic compared to where it came from (/mnt exists despite never being used).

> BSD is not Unix.
Crack a fucking book, retard. Holy shit.

sound advice

I think that i may need to start to "setup a small attempted coup" in case that this big companies owners start to do weird stuff, and government stop being the government for money. with 3 millions of people should be enough. :)

Imagine being this retarded to shit on Apple, but being absolutely incompetent setting up User accounts and installing Excel.
Pajeet spotted.
Wintard/loonixtard BTFO by based macOS

based

>using google apps
>using chinese os
Flash lineageos, cuck

here we go...

Are you unironically conflating Unix with NeXTSTEP?

>Where did this meme come from that Androids were laggy?
Partly a leftover from the touchwiz era, and partly Apple fans memeing

Why didn't you disable your old phone using your apple Idaccount?

yes, in fact i use Iphones, how coult you tell?

Attached: I Use MacOS BTW.jpg (750x1000, 69K)

>>Where did this meme come from
Which is also the same year Google deprecated and replaced JVM/Dalvik with ART.

/thread