Russia has more internet users than America

>Russia has more internet users than America

What gives? Why is internet so underdeveloped in the US?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 00.12.01.png (733x685, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.NET.USER.ZS?locations=US-RU
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/04/22/some-americans-dont-use-the-internet-who-are-they/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Theres no way on earth less than half of Americans had internet in 2011

Because the US have third world infrastructure

>Theres no way on earth less than half of Americans had internet in 2011
Green is Russia, blue is America

Here's the link to the website btw. You can mouse over the graphs to see the exact number for each year
data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.NET.USER.ZS?locations=US-RU

probably has to do with the us data. but the us is a fucked up place and leaves it's poor behind. I wouldn't be surprised if that's to do with poor people, rural americans, or the elderly.

Why did USA flatline at about 75%?

Attached: Untitled.png (794x624, 34K)

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/04/22/some-americans-dont-use-the-internet-who-are-they/

probably has to do with that dataset

so
>the elderly
>black people and mexicans
>rural folk

whites, asians and jews as % of population?

read the graph again, russia has a slightly higher percentage of internet users

us has more internet users total, due to having a higher population

>Denmark
It's pretty easy to get everyone Internet if everyone lives in the same city.

>Russia has more internet users than America
relatively more*
The US has twice the population, so at the same share, that's still twice the internet users nominally

Makes sensen, but then again you'd think Russia has much more people living in poverty and in rural villages. I guess one could make the argument that they have fewer elderly people, but then again, it's Russia. Several of their 300 thousand people+ cities (e.g. Norilsk) don't even have a road connection to the rest of the country due to being located in the middle of polar deserts

but also probably like russia counts somebody as having internet access if their apartment has a line even if they don't or if they can theoretically go to a library etc

>B-B-BUT MUH MURICA IS WAY BIGGER THAN EUROPOORS
>I-IT'D NEVER WORK HERE WE ARE JUST T-TOO B-BIG!

Attached: 1554397257806.jpg (645x729, 77K)

US has more old people.
In Soviet Russia, they get turned into onions green.

russia is a bigger country than america but the inhabited area is much smaller, most of the country is sparse countryside with nothing and no infrastructure at all

It’s % of the population, not the absolute number of citizens wtf are you fucking stupid

At some point you're going to have near ubiquitous internet access, and the people left who don't use it are either avoiding it (like old people) or too stupid.

Are you colorblind? The green/bottom line is Russia and blue is US. 75% at 2011

obama fucking up the telecom industry

A lot of otherwise shithole European and asian countries have better and easier internet access than US
I didn't know you guys weren't aware of this

because russia has more unemployment, so the figures are inflated by cs:go players.

Because according to Mutts only Muttland exists and mysteriously nothing works there because it's "too large and empty" or because there are "too many people" or some such shit.

Can confirm internet in most of SE Asia is awesome. People live in shanty houses with gigabit.
Burgers unironically believe this

Attached: ayyjpeg.jpg (474x403, 30K)

Less old people because people die at a younger age

The US and western Europe went through shit like ISDN, ADSL, T/E carriers to businesses, coax (non hybrid fiber), and FTTH started rolling out around 2006 - I was one of the first homes to get it. Fiber right into my basement, then Cat5E to my computer.
Eastern Europe and SE Asia skipped over the first 3 generations of broadband tech, so when they did their initial install, fiber tech was already available and cheap.

In the US, there's very little economic and societal will for FTTH. Everywhere but the most remote buttfuck areas you can get at least 100 Mbit over coax, and for 99% of people that's more than enough.
Verizon *quit* their FTTH rollout a while back because they hit all of the areas that made economic sense, and they weren't making money off of it.

There is the shitty part of telecom companies working to block local governments from installing their own FTTH service, but that's a battle to be fought state by state.

You're confusing this with arguments people make about the US's cell phone data situation.

Barry the Magic Negro didn't give enough free obamaphones out

The axes labels are retarded, ignore the position which is incorrect and look at the colour

>You're confusing this with arguments people make about the US's cell phone data situation.
Not really, that shit including the replies to those comments comes up every time when there is another thread about the US and their shit internet.

FWIW my friends in the US have better internet than I do in the UK.
This whole country runs on DSL, it's embarrassing.