I want to get intel optane ssd 900p 280gb

i need a pagefile as close to RAM as possible and in large capacity therefore why I'm going with optane 900p
i know i don't have a brain but is it a good purchase?

Attached: COPE.png (1200x630, 863K)

>pagefile
>optane
What the fuck OP? Why not just get fucking RAM then?

because it's also an OS and games drive, although about 84GB of the space will be pagefile.
also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than RAM

>not buying more ram instead
you a retarded intel cuck or a retarded intel shill?

>about 84GB of the space will be pagefile
What the actual fuck are you doing? I am genuinely curious.

>also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than RAM
and massively slower, what a fucking retard...

my GPU and CPU is AMD
Cities Skylines modded. I've had it run out of RAM on 70GB pagefile.
it's good enough for c:s

>Cities Skylines modded. I've had it run out of RAM on 70GB pagefile.
user Optane is barely faster than a good M.2 but costs ~0.8$/GB it's not gonna help you at all if you are running out of 70GB RAM. Just get more RAM and seriously consider your life choices. Also that sounds like a massive fucking RAM leak and not at all intended.

Attached: 1553676930999.gif (500x418, 957K)

>needing a priced above average ssd
>for fucking gaymes that can run just fine of an hdd
brah, you are legit retarded, im not even joking, you are trying to fix a problem that does not exist. consider suicide or a linux distro. im out before your cancer catches up to me.

Not a RAM leak. It's just that Cities:Skylines with 500 mods added will of course gobble up RAM faster than any fucking workload can.

Also in 4K speeds, latency and endurance it's literal light years even over something like a 970 PRO.

also see original post: 'i know i don't have a brain but (...)'

Optane has faster sustained read/writes compared with the nvme my brother

With the nvme you eventually hit bottleneck where the buffer is no big enough to do constant read/write my brother

Optane best option

Cities:Skylines consumes massive amounts of RAM and pagefile and fucking chokes when it isn't super high speed, hence why I'm going for one of the most expensive SSDs that are literally meant for servers.

Even in 4k it barely beats a 512GB 970 PRO by about ~1.5x.
You'd be better off and cheaper off just getting 2x 512GB 970's and running them in RAID 0.

>
Sustained red/write is literally completely irrelevant if what you are looking to replace is RAM.

And this one goes out to all of you, I refuse to believe that that game is so piss poor coded that it eats that much RAM without a RAM leak going on.

>Sustained red/write is literally completely irrelevant if what you are looking to replace is RAM.
Oh no no sir you are very mistake. Page file needs constant access, constant read/write, when RAM is full. Please check user manual.

are you a pajeet or rajneesh find out now
It is piss poor coded, and it consumes 24GB with basic mods and assets. With a lot of mods and assets, it's about 60GB of RAM consumed.

What do you mean with that brother? I am not pajeet or rajneesh. My name is Steve.

>It is piss poor coded, and it consumes 24GB with basic mods and assets
Sorry but I am afraid aside from getting as much RAM as you need there is actually no solution to this. If this shit is really that bad an Optane drive will not help much, especially if it's running the page file and system at the same time.

Attached: 1556850979669.png (292x285, 168K)

Sirs please do the needful and buy Optane.

checked

At last, we have found the target market for Optane.

The rec spec is 6gb. Sounds like you're just adding boatloads of garbage mods full of memory leaks.

basically that yes, coupled with literal shittons of assets