/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>i5 9400F/9600k - Great gaming CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 9980XE - HEDT
Zen2 CPUs already confirmed by AMD to be worse in gaming than the cheaper equivalent Intel. Only consider them if you care about multithreaded stuff.
RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1660/ti - standard
>RTX 2060/Super - high framerates (requires complementary intel CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 Super - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti
General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming, actually always avoid it, it's fucking trash
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
Previous:

Attached: 1frcbxli2si01.png (1189x604, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232752
youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I
pcpartpicker.com/list/2M4g8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3600 or 3600X
i heard that zen2 is pushed to the max so you can't OC a 3600 to the point of a 3600X with a good cooler unlike the zen+

Attached: niggerpunk 2077.webm (414x501, 787K)

Again with these total shit threads. Fuck outta here, InTel Aviv Shill.

newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232752
is this RAM fine for ryzen 3700x and a x570 motherboard? It's heavily discounted where I live and cheaper than e.g. balisticx with the same specs

Based OP, fuck the AMDrones.

Based
Drones are seething

BASED OP YOU GET 5% DISCOUNT ON 2080 Ti

So I just did a 3600 build but still need a gpu and ssd, mostly gonna be using it for gaming.

Should I get the Intel 1tb qlc drive for 100€? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a €430 5700xt as well, I'll be playing on a 144hz 1080p monitor.

The 5700xt seems a lot better since it's only 60€ more expensive than a 5700.

I know it's a blower cooler but I don't want to pay 500€ for a gpu.

Stupid or based and redpilled?

I can taste the salt from here

>you can't OC a 3600 to the point of a 3600X with a good cooler
Really?

Attached: hmmm.png (549x763, 56K)

>salt
i9 btfos zen 2 in everything that matters, why would I be salty?

Fuck you whoever recommended me this board.

I've spent the last day troubleshooting my build just because ASUS can't put some fucking quality into their board. The board shipped with a whole memory channel out, and would not work with SUPPORTED RAM.

Buy MSI, GIGABYTE, or ASRock instead, folks. ASUS is a shitbag.

Attached: jox335obwszk4nxi_setting_fff_1_90_end_500_575px.jpg (500x500, 55K)

>consider m.2 form factor
why is m.2 better than 2.5" if i'm going SATA?
why should i populate the sole m.2 slot for no reason?

Attached: 1518386764841.jpg (344x365, 64K)

Yes, keep on spending. Good goy.

>retarded fanboys shit flinging
who /neutralfag/ here?

Attached: so_good.png (659x609, 66K)

i though ASUS was the gold standard in mobo
MSI sucks ass in bios and asrock cuts corner on vrm

Attached: DvYajUoVYAA0LFw.jpg:large.jpg (1080x1080, 99K)

There is nvme on m.2 now where you can get 3500 MB/s read speeds. Thats several times faster than the 600MB/s Top end sata SSDs like the Evo can do. My $35 512 GB nvme from microcenter can run laps around any sata SSD.

youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

That's the ugliest board I have seen.
You deserve getting cucked for choosing this because muh minimalism

I have that exact board and have no issues at all. Must suck to suck bitchboi

i said
>if i'm going SATA
also nvme is pointless for gayming

>MSI sucks ass in bios
Still the only ones with AGESA 1.0.0.3 on B450 or X470 boards.

Guys rate my setup pcpartpicker.com/list/2M4g8Y the ram is actually 3000MHZ on newegg it just doesn’t have the option to add it

My 3600 clocks to 4200mhz all cores in bf1 but does only 37500mhz in prime95 small ffts all cores. Prime95 makes me go to 95*c on stock cooler, where's bf1 doesn't. So yes clock speed is dependent on load and temperature.

Attached: 1528684760297.jpg (822x674, 83K)

>MSI sucks ass in bios
what lol
MSI has the best bios

Temperature is the main factor when it comes to boosting, it likes to be around 65c, after that clocks start to tank.

I bought a gigabyte mb 270x and the bios sucks ass on it. Also could not hold the clocks on supported memory. I have an asrock motherboad and the bios is better, although I burned the onboard audio in a water leak and broke pins on a usb 3.0 header it still works. Now if only I can overclock right

How do I tell which agesa my Asus prime x470 pro which has bios 5007 is on?

Why isn't anyone talking about Vega 56 anymore? You can still find non-Gigabyte ones for under $300. Undervolt it and overclock it, and it's 2070-tier.

>Cares what his board looks like
Guessing you have RGB cancer and a case with a tempered glass side panel?

>Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
Can somebody translate this to English, Doc?
Also what the fuck is the point of compatibility warnings if it's just going to say some vague shit that may or may not apply to your setup?
Also this happens with every motherboard I choose, as well as a handful of dimensional warnings.
>The Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
May require? Nigger IS IT GOING TO FIT OR NOT, what the fuck is the point of this site.
Not even sure I want this cooler or not, it's just some cheap placeholder I went with.

Fairly certain it's 1.0.0.2
You can check in cpu-z on the mainboard tab

>I bought a gigabyte
bruh
why?
msi asus or asrock

Enjoy your shitty non-heat sinks and trying to pry your GPU out of the motherboard.Oh yeah, and enjoy no actually being able to use x8 x8 x8 configuration, lol.

>it's 2070-tier
I own a 56 and you're being silly.
It matches a 2060 at best.

>Why isn't anyone talking about Vega 56 anymore?
5700 made it obsolete

Because to get that "2070 tier" performance, you have to fuck around with undervolting, hoping you won the silicon lottery, hoping you got Samsung HBM modules.

Or

You get a 1660Ti for the same price and get 99% of the performance with no nonsense
Except none of that is true....the heatsinks do their job. If you're prying your GPU off the board, you're a fucking mouth breather, and what does the x8x8x8 have to do with anything? What the fuck are you on about? You're throwing shade on a company because you got a defective board?

>pry your GPU out
What the ever living fuck. No, your problems have to be entirely user error Mr Hamhands.

Just bought a 2200g. How did I do?

Buy it retard why are you asking

You're so poor, does it even matter? It was obviously the best you could do.

msi is rock solid now a days and after bios updates the software is bretty ok now, asus anked a bit, its still good but not the best anymore, also asus costumer support is absolute garbage

>Can somebody translate this to English, Doc?
you can't update the bios to accept a zen 2 without putting a cpu on the mobo
so you'll need an older (non zen2) cpu to just update the bios (hten you can take it off and use your zen 2 cpu), either you have one old cpu lying around or you go ask a shop to flash it for you

damn you're right

Attached: Capture.png (400x259, 13K)

Does AMD hire an army of poojeets near product launches to shitpost?

Absolutely every fucking tech forum in the past few days is full of AMD shilling and shitposting, it's insufferable.

Is it worth updating the bios if I have a zen+?

>the heatsinks do their job
They don't have any mounting point onto the VRM
>prying the gpu from the motherboard
I dare you to try and push in that PCI-E slot release on your first PCI-E slot.
>x8 x8 x8
ASUS advertises that the board can run in triple PCI-E x8 speeds for each of the slots. Unfortunately, with the chipset you will only be able to get x4 on the last slot due to bottlenecks involving traces. ASUS tried to remedy this by removing SATA slots for it, but it still will only run in x4.

And yes, I am throwing shade on a company that cannot do basic QC.

Just ordered the Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 to cool my upcoming 3950x system.
Judging by the temps 3900x is getting, I figured that my NH-D15 might actually struggle a bit to handle the 16 core behemoth comfortably.
It's going to be very interesting seeing what kind of heat that chip ends up putting out. I hope it won't end up being a total shitshow in that aspect.

Attached: f34f8d2f221137114d303c9d0b019d9f.png (1412x756, 465K)

>mfw thinking about buying a 3700x while my ex fresh gf is getting railed atm

I don't know lads, I feel bad

Attached: 1562533602276m.jpg (1024x730, 67K)

yeah, ordered it already. I asked just in case, because I haven't been keeping up with pc parts since by last build 6 years ago I have no idea what I'm doing

nah
wait for stable bios
rn the zen2 ones are shaky

Can Jow Forums recommand a good midrange intel processor ? I went through the hassle of overclocking my CPU on my last build and im not willing to do it again.
Thx

salty intelel drone shilling a 2000$ cpu in HEDT when there is a 3900x or a threadripper, stay mad intcel

Attached: 1560399116277.png (493x402, 8K)

do it
new CPUs always make things better

Oh.
Well shit, why can't the site dedicated to this garbage just say that? All it does is spit out hypotheticals and offer no solutions.
Thanks, user-sama.

What AMD CPUs are actually worth the cash for gaming?

3600x
3900x?

What about the 3700x and 3800x?

Attached: 1502619163432.gif (480x270, 363K)

>gf
what type of component is that?

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>complains about buying gigabyte
>someone else bitches about MSI
>another whines about ASUS
>a fourth cries about ASrock
I'm not saying your complaints are invalid, but by God, are they tiring. Also, fuck all motherboard manufacturers.

just get an amd 3600x or 3700x and you are golden, no need to buy intel atm, waste of money

Everybody does the best they can, why are you humiliating me

>good midrange intel
Sorry, what?
Not following you.

3600 or 3700X, depending on your GPU and monitor.
No other option matters for gaming

amd sold the stock, so they no longer need to shill it, instead they need to shill the NEW amd card.

What do you think

I'm just saying be happy and enjoy what you got, you don't need random opinions.

Do yourself a favor and get a 9900K on sale somewhere instead.
It still beats the 3900X in most games at stock settings and overclocks like a motherfucker.

>3800x
>3900x
not worth for gaming

Because he's insecure that he built a $5,000 rig just so it can self-immolate to avoid being an unwanted accomplice to his shitposting

>good
>intel processor
wrong board

Overclocking cpu is easy, you must be a faggot, not helping you

B450 no work with Zen 2 without BIOS update.
Zen 2 no can be use to update BIOS if BIOS no work with zen 2.
Zen or Zen+ yes can be use to update BIOS

any infos on 3800x amazon stock in europe? I really hope I can expect it this month man

So what you're saying is you're a ham fisted idiot who did zero research on a product, bought it anyway, and is now bitching about it. Got it. I'll reiterate. Must suck to suck bitchboi.

>Undervolt it and overclock it, and it's 2070-tier.

Attached: but a vega 56 is basically a 2070, disproven.jpg (2112x5441, 1.81M)

What's wrong with the 3800x?

3600x as well I assume or is it skipped for some reason?

I don't mind spending more but the value has to be decent. e.g. if the 3600x is a pointless increase, I'll still jump to the 3700x if it's significant

>3600
>3600x
if strictly gayming
>3700x
>3900x
if gayming and streaming

gaming and only gaming? 8700k/9700k if you can find one sub-300, otherwise even a 3600x gets pretty damn close in gaming and just blows them out of the water in actual work.

you need to flash a new bios on the mainboard so the ryzen 3xxx works, you either need an older zen (1xxx or 2xxx) for that or if you have a good mainboard like the msi tomahawk b450 you have a bios flash button so you DONT need an older cpu and just flash it via flash button. literally stick usb with new bios and formated as fat32 into mobo, push flash button, flash bios done

>What's wrong with the 3800x?
overspending
3600 is best bang for bucks

>What's wrong with the 3800x?
it's $70 more for almost no gains, is not bad just bad value against the 3700x, if you are gaming then use the $70 in a better GPU

If you are only gaming then the 3600 should be great value and all you really need.
3700x might be good if you need some more power for other activities like streaming but for gaming you will see very little improvement with cpus above the 3600 even though you are paying a lot more money.
The 3900x should only be for enthusiasts. Though if you want that you could probably wait a bit longer and get the 3950x instead if you hate money and electricity.

Attached: 1450045919838.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>rich snob buys top end Ryzen just to play his manchild gaymes
>ends up getting worse fps drops than 3700x because the latency between two 4 core dies
O I am laffin

Considering I'm seeing AMD shilling on places barely even tangentially related to PC hardware I'm going to say yes.

Basically, everyone plays defect lottery and when they get hit, they swear off that brand forever.

Why do you want to get cucked twice?

Why is Jow Forums infested with poorfags?
Some people here actually have jobs, acting like price-to-performance is the most important factor when buying a CPU is misleading. 3800X and 3900X are good choices for gaming if you have the money to waste.

Even the 3400G fits the bill for just gayming.

10th Gen Core i3s look like they'll fit the bill as well.

t. "medium settings are fine"-fag

and then you realize you are a brainlet because its only 2 core packages not 4

>most people here are welfare leeches that sit on their ass all day shitposting on 4channel
You mean. People that have jobs value their hard earned money.

Poozen is only good if you are poor
If you can afford a 3800x/3900x then you may as well buy a 9900k that beats them in every task

Oh important difference for your coping, 3900x owner. Enjoying the fps drops much?

You know intel is jumping into the chiplet game as well, it's just still in development.

You can't shill against efficient manufacturing when that's known.

You know that's not true.
Half the faggots who talk about "productivity" in this thread actually just mean rendering their 200 viewer let's play videos.

OK, guess it's just between the 3600, 3600x and 3700x then. That's simpler, thanks.

>9900k that beats them in every task
you mean they trade blows in games while 9900k comes out 3% overall in games only and loses super bad in everything else that is not gaming? The moment you stream and game or do other shit the ryzen is miles ahead and lets not start with actual multithread productivity.

keep seething intlel drone

t. bought a HEDT CPU for gayming

everyone complains a bit about these three
but i often see a lot of people complaining about gigabyte specifically
both for mobo and gpu
they really cut the corners

What's the half of 3?