What's your favourite heatsink grease / thermal dissipation butter?

What's your favourite heatsink grease / thermal dissipation butter?

Attached: index.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/IC-Diamond-24-Carat-Compound/dp/B0042IBAOG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought arctic silver last time. I feel like the $1 stuff would have been just as good for my purposes, but it's a job that I only do once every several years, so I'm willing to spend a little more

Are pastes and compounds allowed?

powdered diamond paste
amazon.com/IC-Diamond-24-Carat-Compound/dp/B0042IBAOG

Studies show toothpaste is pretty much as effective as the most expensive thermal paste. It's just a meme

source: your overheating butthole

There's barely any difference

Attached: post-109689-0-66202300-1409802220.gif (360x720, 83K)

All it's missing is RGBs in the cap and 'EXTREME GAMER' in the title.

Attached: 20190330_170358.jpg (5312x2988, 3.55M)

But for how long?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Its expensive but its non-curing so it doesn't ever need to be replaced.
For 2 minutes then it dries out and stops working.

>Jow Forumstard doesn't know that diamonds have excellent heat transfer capabilities
The absolute state of this consumer board.

Stop trying to be reasonable. The nerds want to care for their computers like hotrodders do their cars. Thermal paste is like oil in a car and requires regular replacement. To claim anything else would be to rob these people of a valuable emotional outlet.

I like to use mercury.

>amazon.com/IC-Diamond-24-Carat-Compound/dp/B0042IBAOG
At first I scoffed but then " Thermal conductivity of natural diamond was measured to be about 2200W/(m·K), which is five times more than silver, the most thermally conductive metal. " and was impressed.

Good

This would be funnier if it wasn't posted as much as the toothpaste bait is.

Then I'm not sure why it doesn't top the charts. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, but it should be better.

I'm guessing this has to do with how well it fills the micro gaps and actually allows for transfer of heat.? To my understanding, the best TIM are...

The liquid metal, pads or otherwise. These are the best but are also conductive and hard to install for a minimal benefit. IndigoXtreme and whatnot.

Prolimatech PK3 and Gelid Extreme used to be the best grease/paste style and easy to install. Later entry on the same level is Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

IC Diamond 7 or 24 are both somewhere in the middle of the pack last I checked

Even mounting pressure and how thin it can be spread is far more important than thermal conductivity.

Because it's basically snake-oil. It's synthetic diamonds, for one; nobody is selling real "24-carat micronized diamonds" as thermal paste.
Micronized diamond dust is used all across the manufacturing industry, it's cheap and effective, but it's no miracle cure-all.

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-180129_Firefox.jpg (810x2478, 504K)

Shitty BST?
>Shitty small plastic speakers
>rear speakers in front of retard.
10/10 on the shit scale, 0/10 on the normal scale.

B-b-but it's sponsored by Razer and IC Diamond 24 Compound!

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-175438_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 670K)

the past already degraded after 12 hours
and 8° difference just from the paste is huge, let alone for the fan curve