NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YOU CAN'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER BY SIMPLY UNPLUGGING IT!!! YOU'LL BREAK YOUR PC!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YOU CAN'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER BY SIMPLY UNPLUGGING IT!!! YOU'LL BREAK YOUR PC!!!!

Attached: 57213676_2336625763245161_7923497775243722752_n.png (785x1000, 254K)

You wont break anything , but you highly risk data corruption.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-11-08-45-34.png (1280x720, 891K)

I thought spinning rust drives could die from it

The people I've heard say that are far from being like a soiboi. Very far.
basically this. OP is stupid and can't meme

nah, ssds will though.
probable youll need to fsck, otherwise replace any lost data at worst.

OP is always a fag

do you guys never turn off your pc's or turn them off when your not using?

The battery of my laptop is completly dead. I've been upplugging my laptop to shut it down for years. Nothing bad ever happened from it.

Attached: 12805687_584321985049463_4700694303698806014_n.jpg (960x712, 162K)

Is there a way to be 100% sure your data is not corrupted?

checkdisk

>having important data stored locally and not on someone’s else’s computer (cloud) or on a personal NAS
>using your computer as anything more than a remote access point and web browser
ishigdig

>3 power outages in the last 48 hours

tell BC Hydro that, my UPS can only handle so much.

>t. google

you're not destroying it, but i hope you'll enjoy your data corruption, retarded zoomer.

Attached: 1561578041926.jpg (540x303, 32K)

>100%
Use a CoW filesystem with checksums and it's not made by microsoft.

Attached: D5vYaIhUUAAfgzC.jpg (526x387, 46K)

This. I hate clown posting, it's not smart, it's not funny, it's nothing but shit. And by far the worst meme of this decade.

Seething

Oh no coming from a literal fucking clown that really hurt my feelings.

honk!

Attached: v7shvans62231.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

Who gets this bent out of shape over a meme? His post didn't even have any Jow Forums shit in it

Fixmbr was very common on laptops with spinning rust and old batteries.

I don't give a shit about the pol shit. Clown posting is just pointless waste of space by retards that having nothing to say at all but an insatiable need for attention.

Besides ZGS what file system should he use if he needs to boot into windows? ReFS?

you know it's reddit time when some faggot gets this asslasted over a string ov 0 and 1 which his device interprets as a collection of coloured pixels which he calls an image
honk! :^)

Attached: 5cb63976d1903.jpg (750x742, 63K)

Setup a ZFS server to store actually important files. You don't need to make sure your games or music doesn't accidentally flip a single fucking bit.

>actually mad over the clown frog of friendliness
oh nonnohahahaha

Clown shit is literally peak reddit but sure whatever you say.

>i'll let you win this time!
honk! :^)

Attached: Honkler-Honk-For-Genders.jpg (604x480, 23K)

personal NAS is right answer but I guess cloud if you pre-encrypt. I like saying "data you care about exists in 2+ places"

I'll yank the plug mid update cause fuck it I'm covered.

Attached: larp_harder.png (1173x720, 1.38M)

While ReFS has most of the functionality of ZFS, it has a worse track record than btrfs when it comes to corruption, so just wait until WSL can mount btrfs/ZFS partitions, or you know just stop using a deprecated OS.

Honestly it should be 3 places.
On your PC, on a NAS / external HDD, and (pre-encrypted) a cloud of your choice.

>other guy gives reasons why you shouldn't unplug the computer instead of powering it down properly
>"he's not contributing anything and just wants attention"
This all coming from the guy turning the thread into his personal meme complaint blog

the people I say this to are usually looking at "copy/paste to a USB flash drive once a year" as an upgrade.

Yeah and you are really great at contributing to his blog. There is a hide function for a reason, fucking use it.

>god that guy is such a fucking attention whore
>doesn't contribute anything himself
>gets called out for it
>w-well just hide my posts if you don't like it, retard!
This website honestly wouldn't be nearly as fun if I didn't harass autists like you though

Yeah I know but I like to live in my little fantasy world where I never had to deal with a clients USB stick that was crushed by a fucking 13 ton excavator but had "business critical data" and of course it was the only existing version because they thought "moving the file to a USB stick is a backup".

I've had my share of recovery work but this is a fun visual I have to admit. Forklifts don't leave much behind either.

They literally presented me a small plastic bag of what they were able to scrape together and seriously expected me to just work some magic or something and pull their data off that. Imagine an evidence bag with one part gravel and one part electronic scraps. Will never forget the guys face when I had to tell him that's beyond irrecoverable. At least he didn't scream at me, honestly that would happen more often than it did, guess I was lucky I didn't have to deal with normal consumers but only people where you can expect at least a bit of professionalism.

>it's another leftist novel meme.

The left truly can't meme

>43 words
>Less than half a minute of typing with errors
>Novel
ok retard

Didn't you know? School education is a thing invented by the leftist commies destroying Muttland.

o fug replied to the wrong post

This actually happened to me, it fried my PSU

BC represent

Better one is
>NOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST UNPLUG A THUMB DRIVE YOU HAVE TO EJECT IT FIRST!!!!!!!

Attached: 1560723387284.jpg (802x800, 165K)

Finally someone is saying it.

>global majority
>"minority" in the nation they invade so now theyre universally "minorities"

Fucking newspeak word play bullshit. Neck yourself.

Attached: ff.png (748x616, 1017K)

It will damage the HDD.

it's not user data
it's mostly OS critical files that get corrupted

the left cant meme

>my grandma smoked 2 packs of cig a day, and she lived to 100

I'm 90% sure you're trolling, but his assessment disparaging clownpepe completely missed the mark.

Is it any different from being a majority in the nation you invaded?

I'm really curious just how neurotic you must be to be capable of writing something like this. To downplay events and to deny pattern recognition is a common pattern seen in memes produced by the useful idiots of the left within the paradigm.