I want to go back. Windows 7 and Snow Leopard were peak comfy

I want to go back. Windows 7 and Snow Leopard were peak comfy.

Attached: 170882-sl7slide1_original.jpg (575x359, 29K)

It's kind of amazing to think about how little macOS has improved since Snow Leopard.

that's a weird way to spell debian 7 and fedora 19

Shiny dock and 3D icons. Fucking take me home.

Sick of everything being flat now.

You'd like them to "improve" Snow Leopard the way Win10 improved Win7?

Now they have notorization requirement so you can't run unsigned apps
That's an improvement in locking up the ecosystem

Win7 is just Vista with an ugly task bar.

Applel != Micro$osft

false. Win7 is superior to vista in every way bar visuals

On 10 years zoomers will be nostalgic for Windows 10

Windows 10 is the last windows version; only updates moving forward. Entire OS was made "modular" and "upgradable" whatever the fuck that means.

t. zoomer

The old macOS looked terrible. It does not seem like a serious system at all, it looks like some kind of Android.

It means they fell for the Arch meme and went rolling release. Just another thing Linux has had for decades.

This actually means that the government of the country you are in is the only reason there is an uodate.Microsoft ads the "update" and also a few malware exclusions will be added to "Windows Defender" but you will notice no significant difference in the Os..."They have the backdoors".....move to free software my friend....install Gentoo...

Jow Forums said the same thing about shiny UIs back then that they're saying about flat UIs now. Should flat designs ever get replaced with something else, Jow Forums will suddenly fall in love with flat designs and say how good it was.

its hard to improve something thats already perfect

You can, you just have to disable it with one terminal configuration

Windows 7 x64 ultimate, DWS, sam drivers, ungoogled chromium and thats it

I still use 7 on many of my machines. Older MacOS did look nice. I would never use their current stuff.

Jow Forums's nature is simply contrarian, at every corner, Jow Forums, Jow Forums, Jow Forums, whatever

I still use Windows 7 because Microsoft refuses to make a better operating system.

Still running 10.9 on my main laptop because at some point Minecraft fucked up OpenGL on 10.6, in a way that was fixed in 10.9. Also didn't they add resizing windows from the edges after 10.6?
I still need to go to 10.11 someday because of something that uses Gtk (?) which dropped 10.9 a long time ago, and 10.10 is kind of meh.

I do miss two things though, Rosetta (PPC emulation), and the loss of Open Transport wihich broke MT Newswatcher. Janky as it was, it was a comfy way to read the usenets.

Fuck that I want to go back to XP
Give me that bliss background and the blue bar with the green start button baby

Flat is beautiful

You can have your skeutomorphic OS where it belongs, last decade.

Country roads, take me home...

Attached: contemplative ballmer.jpg (1024x683, 164K)

Whats stopping you, Windows 7 is still usable for at least another 2 years

Attached: Capture.png (1915x1077, 315K)

Ur post is peak homo.

>right-click (or control-click) app
>select open
So hard

Attached: image.jpg (441x257, 71K)

>chrome

Modern design is a crime against humanity.

Ubuntu 10.04 was peak comfy too

Attached: Ubuntu10.04_rc.jpg (1280x1024, 200K)

It's bloat, but after 10 years it really grew on me. It's not like it's 2006 and it slows your system down to a crawl anyway.
And hey, at least it doesn't look like it was made in fucking Excel.
>Sick of everything being flat now
Pic: the future of design

Attached: Windows 11.png (534x392, 10K)

I've used 9.04 for a while a long time ago and honestly I'm still sick of "that" Linux look with "that" Linux font.

>go back to 7
>no need to disable metric ton of background shit
>smooth as butter no matter what I do
Where did it go wrong

Modern motherboards are beginning to remove support for Windows 7, meaning no drivers. You can install Win7, sure, but you'll have a questionable pleasure of having a motherboard with no USB.
The only motherboards that still support Win7 and can take Intel's 8th and 9th gen CPUs are the boards with z370 chipset. I'm not sure about AMDs, but I think there's no support for it starting x570.
It would be a pain in the ass to install it without an internal DVD drive in any case.

I still use snow leopard daily. Idk why people don't, it works fine.

this was objectively the best minimalist gui
everything you needed

Attached: win9xgui.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Late 90s GUIs were peak usability.
Late 00s GUIs were peak design.
Flatshit is trying to be both but fails.

true. for me, its windows 98. the minimalist and usability combined with the good looks of the 16 bit icons was peak comfy

>queue Santania

install kde

1. it already was way better than windows in ux
2. it looks way better now

MacOS is worse than Snow Leopard. It was all downhill from there. 10.6 was the best desktop/laptop OS.