Can someone give me the breakdown of the best graphics cards for the money...

Can someone give me the breakdown of the best graphics cards for the money? I haven't built a computer in a decade so I'm totally lost.

Attached: evga_gtx1070ti_header.jpg (1201x655, 100K)

august for the 5700 cards or if you need one now go with a 2060super

Is there a difference between "super" and "ultra?"

about 125 shekels you stu-uh-smart goy er i mean guy

AIB RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT in a month or a used GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 ti off ebay for less if you can find them. Buddy of mine got a 1080 hybrid for $250 USD, luck bastard.

If you need cheaper then a Vega 56 for ~$200 USD, a GTX 1070 for ~$150, or an RX 580 for $80 USD.

I'm very lost too. I don't even understand what makes a good motherboard from the thousands of options available.

Number of ports, vrm quality, heatsink quality, rated memory overclocks, multi-gpu support, troubleshooting leds or post code, backup bios if you fuck up, and LN2 mode for exotic cooling.

Titan RTX

Is multi-gpu support even relevant? most games are dropping crossfire/sli support.

Frens will the low end aib 5700s be worth it over an overclocked Vega 56? I don't want to spend $400 but I could go to 350
Have to decide soon if I will return the Vega

PCIE4 makes it more feasible, Vulkan makes it easier. Many are dropping it, but I think once Vulkan is mainstream, there will be a comeback.

Less noise and heat and likely much better optimization in newer titles down the road.

>used GPU off ebay
Isnt that a recipe for disaster?

As long as you buy GPU's from OEM's that will RMA with only the serial no it should be fine.`

Only if you're a fucking idiot and buy cards from people with no real reviews in the eastern block. Ask for a Serial number and photos, ask how it was used, ask for a benchmark, and demand tracking within 3 days. Worst case scenario you report it to ebay that you didn't get what was described and they process a refund.

Is the RX 5700 XT worth it over the 2070 Super? Been eyeing the RX but the 2070 Super is also enticing me.

Ok thanks guys

it can be since there are lots of gpus that were once used for mining being resold.
if you do buy from ebay make sure you can return it. 2 years ago i bought a gtx1080 that wound up not working and got my money back.

These prices are extremely optimistic. A blower Vega is like $250, more for AIB. RX 580 $140 average price.
You can prob find an RX 570 on eBay Inde $100, they're still a solid choice for 1080p.

Jow Forums question here.

Considering I'm at 1440p res and with a 4.2 i7-4790k

I was planning on just upgrading my old tired 980ti to a 2080ti variant.

Now at this point, does the CPU then become the bottle neck?(within reason) or does my old CPU still do good enough to ignore a cpu upgrade at the moment?

Buy a 5700xt for $400, overclock it to 2.2Ghz, use image sharpening and antilag. Congratulations, you saved $800 and can now play 4k with ultra settings at higher fps and less lag than a 2080ti. If you want RT you'll have to bite the bullet and fork out $1200.