Dudes, I'm having problems unbinding those cables from my motherboard. I don't wanna rip them off

Dudes, I'm having problems unbinding those cables from my motherboard. I don't wanna rip them off

Attached: _20190712_073321.jpg (3008x4610, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

howchoo.com/g/nmu4mtjjnzq/how-to-diagnose-a-psu-without-any-tools
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wiggle it left and right (NOT forwards and backwards)

Too late I'm gonna try to open and clean it this way. If i don't respond that means I got shocked. Wish me luck

Attached: _20190712_074101.jpg (4771x3984, 2.39M)

How can i check why this fun isn't working?

Attached: _20190712_075755.jpg (4924x3008, 2.35M)

an unplugged psu couldnt kill you if you licked it
unless you have a heart condition or something

Yeah but everyone always memes it. Can you tell me how can i clean/check why the fan isn't working?

Do you have a multimeter? Measure the voltage at the mb pins. If you have a reading then the fan's motor is faulty.

is it plugged it?
if the fan is dead theres not much you can do, order a new on or take it out and slap another one on top

dont plug in a psu while its taken apart, OP
put it back together minus the fan, and plug the fan into your mb. if it still doesnt work then its fubar

>dont plug in a psu while its taken apart, OP
Why not? Just don't touch anything with your hands when power is on.

is it really worth risking your life over? just dont

No, i have no other stuff other than a screwer and clean alkohol
Yeah, but I'm a neet so I can't buy shit. I really neee to fix this since i have a raid tomorrow

Just don't touch anything and you're safe.
We're a tech board here. Jesus don't be a pussy.

>No, i have no other stuff other than a screwer and clean alkohol
Then do this .

You will be carrying the blood of this NEET in your hands for the rest of your entire life.

we’re a board full of retarded tranny webdevs and NEETs who spend all their free time ricing arch
*I* am a person who enjoys loving and does not think theyre above making a mistake

You guys are overdramatic. How do you think engineers test this stuff at work?
JUST DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IT'S ON.

those engineers dont plug their shit into the third-world sockets OP is most likely dealing with

Third world sockets can't kill him through an open PSU.

oh yes they can
in fact, i am certain that OP has already left us
RIP

He has already left because the idiot made a 2nd thread.

And no they can't. You are just spreading false info. It is much more likely the cable or the plug will burn from the faulty socket.

Fuck, I cleaned the fun. I'll screw this shit and see if the fun starts spinning after few mins of running the pc

Attached: _20190712_083822.jpg (4902x3008, 1.83M)

plug it into a gfci and ground yourself

The problem is back. Fan is spinning again but skips and slows down to the point of psu turning off. Should i try to clean it again?

>JUST DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IT'S ON.
If the object toouched is not the power chord or something related, the least it could happen is he fry one of his PC part, he won't be shocked

OP you should try to turn on the PSU without using the mobo, since it appear to be faulty.
to do it just short any black cable from the main connector with the green one from the main connector (the one with 20-24 pins)
>inb4 you're making me fry myself
source: howchoo.com/g/nmu4mtjjnzq/how-to-diagnose-a-psu-without-any-tools

The PSU works in every aspect except the fan

Then try another fan, just unplug that one and plug in a different one momentarily to see if the problem replicates, or use that fan in another slot in the mobo to see if it's the fan not working.

I've opened it again and i see the socket but I'm too acared to pull it out

Attached: _20190712_110551.jpg (3008x4818, 1.4M)

The PSU shouldn't be powered when you do that but I don't think I have to tell you this.
Then to pull out that, move it carefully left and right

Rubber gloves should help me just in case right?

Attached: _20190712_112159.jpg (3008x4996, 1.62M)

I've done it and the fan acts the same

Done what? Put the supposedly faulty fan in another plug, or used another supposedly working fan in the PSU plug?

Yeah, the fan is rip. It spins rather slow and skips every few seconds. Oh well, I think it's finally time to say goodbay. I've been living like a neet for few years now and it's a sign to end my life. Thanks for advice bros, I hope you will never do the same mistakes

Attached: 1548884121589.jpg (466x349, 33K)

should be easy to source a fan if it even has a header on it.

I just don't have any cash for it

well, there's no fixing the original one if the bearings are fucked (which is what it sounds like).

lol I've poured se spirits on it just to clean it where i can't reach as my last attempt to do something with it and it seems to spin smoother now. I'll wait some time for it to fully get dry

Mounted, seems to be working fine.
Thanks anons!

>Oh well, I think it's finally time to say goodbay.
The hell do you mean? Just buy a replacement fan ffs they cost, what? 10 dollars?