What's Jow Forums's opinion on Eclipse?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on Eclipse?

Attached: eclipse-mp-built-800x274.png (800x274, 17K)

I had to use it in university and haven't touched it since.

Bump

awful, just use idea community edition or netbeans if you have to

not as bad as people make it out to be, i find the UI when you remove most of the shit pretty comfy too, less shit to configure out of the box as intellij or something, it just werkz assuming you aren't on a slow machine, but just like VS it's fuckin thicccc

Nice, but slow, my laptop at work lags a bit when running debug etc.

compared to IDEA community its like almost every open source alternative - worse but at least its free software.
If your freedom is more important to you than usability, choose eclipse, otherwise choose IDEA. I think it's good that both exist, so you have a choice.
Because of that, I personally would rather use eclipse.

Attached: 1417380674661.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Java EE is eclipse-exclusive so that's what it has going for it but I like netbeans

poop

I've used both NetBeans and Eclipse, and Eclipse has grown to become my favorite IDE for Java development. NetBeans is good too, but the interface feels dated and the default linter is a bit too aggressive. I haven't touched IntelliJ, so I can't give my opinion on that front. Both Eclipse and NetBeans are good, but Eclipse is kinda bloaty and absolutely wrecks my i3 laptop, so I am forced to use NetBeans on it. TLDR: if you can handle some bloat, use Eclipse, otherwise use NetBeans

bad. use intelliJ.

cant believe i fell for low quality bait

I've been using this when i was twelve. In this time i was learning programing in Java.

intellij idea is bloated as fuck, eclipse is just a little bit less bloated, i use netbeans because it's the least bloated

How's Eclipse like for C development?

Attached: 1471377923503.jpg (460x423, 17K)

just use a text editor

I mean for compiling and debugging

better than IntelliJ botnet

I tried to use it a few years ago. The autocomplete wasn't very good and I don't remember if I used the debugger or not. In the end I didn't enjoy the experience and went back to emacs.

hands down best IDE for C on Gnu/linux
Retards who shit on it only used it for java and blame the IDE for their shitty language

>Bump

>hands down best IDE for C on Gnu/linux
holy kek