Any modern Linux distros that can boot from a floppy disk? I used to have Windows 3...

Any modern Linux distros that can boot from a floppy disk? I used to have Windows 3.1 on a single floppy disk back in the day. Surely Linux can do this, right?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x266, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fdlinux.com/about.php
asm.sourceforge.net/asmutils.html
forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/9150/windows-3-11-on-a-single-1-44-mb-bootable-floppy-disk
archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_xwoaf_pup
youtube.com/embed/up863eQKGUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are 1-2 floppy Linux distros. tomsrtbt, basic linux etc. Some of them are extendable with further floppy images.
Also if you wouldn't compare Windows 3.11 from 1993 with OS' made 15-20 years later that'd be great.

can GRUB even fit on floppy?

fdlinux.com/about.php

Knoppix and I think older versions of puppy.

FreeDOS can which I use for bios updates on servers that didn't have USB boot.

Not modern but still cool:
asm.sourceforge.net/asmutils.html

>I used to have Windows 3.1 on a single floppy disk
3.1 was 6 disks
were you thinking of wfw?

Retard

He's probably thinking of this

forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/9150/windows-3-11-on-a-single-1-44-mb-bootable-floppy-disk

xwoaf

Depends which part of grup, the full boot space tools? prolly not
The 443 bytes of bootcode? easily.

archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_xwoaf_pup

Windows 3.11 for Workgroups was a hack install on floppy disk made by a Chinese MS piracy group called the China DOS Union (they also stripped down Windows 98 SE's copy of MS-DOS and redistributed it as MS-DOS 7.10 under the GPL, with no source code available).

>Any modern Linux distros that can boot from a floppy disk?
Bitch, there aren't even any modern COMPUTERS that can boot from a floppy disk.

>t. never heard of USB floppy drives

Imagine picking up a USB floppy drive just for the """"""""""""""experience""""""""""""""" of booting from a floppy disk.

Attached: maekign dreems relty.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

>t. unemployed, underage high school dropout who has never worked in any computer-related industry
Imagine being so retarded, as to think that floppies aren't used by anyone at all.

But user, floppies aren't used by anyone at all. And you're wrong, I'm an unemployed, of-age college student who has never worked at all because you're supposed to finish college before you get a job.

>t. mentally-handicapped retard who thinks the tech industry doesn't use DOS floppies to upgrade BIOS/UEFI firmware
Stop posting before you prove to the rest of the world how retarded you are.

Tiny Core can, I think.

These linux floppy distros don't boot on usb fdd's. I know because I tried them like 8 years ago

>He doesn't think USB floppy drives have improved in 8 years
>He doesn't think that currently-maintained floppy distros haven't improved either

Attached: Laughing Duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

But user, the tech industry doesn't use DOS floppies to upgrade BIOS/UEFI firmware, and any hard evidence you have against that claim is invalid because I am so smart and know everything, hee hee hoo hoo, haa haa. Also you're wrong, my IQ is 128, and inb4 "hurr that's mentally handicapped / retarded," no you're wrong about that too, 128 is objectively a high IQ, doesn't matter if yours is higher, mine is still objectively high.

Yeah good luck with all that.

>Arguing with someone who works in the IT industry
Man, you really are retarded.

I've already gotten CDU's Windows 3.11 floppy working on USB floppy, as well as tomsrtbt.

>Claims to have 128 IQ
>Argues with tech professionals about the use of USB floppy drives in repair centers and IT departments
>Bitches when called out for being a high school dropout

No, NOOO, nooe, nnnooooOOO my're IQ is 128!!! durr!! hurr!!!!

u ARENT it professionals & any hard evidence u have to ce contrary is WROGN!!!

The burden's on you to disprove the fact that IT firms and PC repair centers still use USB floppy drives for BIOS/UEFI updates, PXE boot images and stress testing. But you can't since you can't even get a job due to your IQ being below 30.

And if your IQ were 128, you'd have stopped posting hours ago.

Also
>And if your IQ were 128, you'd have stopped posting hours ago.
It hasn't even been hours since I started posting LOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL

That's exactly the point; you wouldn't have even come here if your IQ were 128 because you'd actually have a job by now, instead of shitposting at 12 years of age.

>because you'd actually have a job by now,
Can you even read? I'm not supposed to have a job yet, I'm still in college.

Attached: ripa braps .gif (369x480, 731K)

Do I sense another great wall of cringe happening here?

The 10 cent dime. It only a dime

Attached: the 10 cent dime it only a dime.png (1000x1000, 849K)

Confirmed for mentally handicapped.

Yup! Sure is summer here and prime construction season for the great wall of cringe being built. yet again.

>Confirmed for mentally handicapped.
What do you mean? Are you saying I should have a job while in college? Because that's wrong and bad. You can't have a job while in college, then you fail college and lose you're (you are) job.

Attached: mr derp bear.jpg (863x1000, 142K)

>Still being retarded.
Yup. Sure is looking like a great wall of cringe again.

>>Still being retarded.
What do you mean? Are you saying I should have a job while in college? Because that's wrong and bad. You can't have a job while in college, then you fail college and lose you're (you are) job.

I bet my computer is betetr than yours too, pic related are my computer's bench Marks.

Attached: benchmarks.png (1000x1000, 515K)

Definitely cringeworthy. Now should be the time for you to save face and stop posting, instead of proving your retardation further.

This anime is saying "heyo daddy don't flush that crapper; let me have a lick at what came from your brapper." And then the instrumental from Black Dog from Led Zeppelin plays.

That's what I think of your counterarguments

Attached: heyo-daddy-dont-flush-that-crapper.png (414x248, 67K)

what the fuck did i just read

Attached: 1413781473143.jpg (1280x1444, 120K)

Are you that same s.o.yboy who got Haiku general threads trolled to oblivion with your retardedly calling for your mom 3 weeks ago? Because I remember you getting wrecked for your last great wall of cringe.

The IRREFUTABLE TRUTH.

>Are you that same s.o.yboy who got Haiku general threads trolled to oblivion with your retardedly calling for your mom 3 weeks ago?
Of course not. My mom's been dead for a year and a half.

I can see why; your cancerous nature is what killed her.

And the wall keeps on building higher and higher.

Haha, you're not that far off! She suffocated in her sleep from overdosing on pain medications to manage severe and debilitating back pain caused by being repeatedly rear-ended by fucking retards who don't know how a car works.

>She died from teaching him how to drive
Your mom died for your retardation.

Trump would be proud for your contributions to the wall.

Fuckin' hell... Already 14 shitposts from that retard, man.

Well, no, it was drunk people. I've never touched alcohol, it's bad. But you could still say she died from my questionable life choices (retardation would be the wrong word because my iq is 128 lole lole) considering her final words to me were a few texts where she talked about being worried she hadn't been the best mother she could have been to me. I tried to comfort her, but by the time I replied to her texts, she was already dead and I didn't even know until the next morning when my uncle called me and said he was at my dorms and it was an emergency so I came outside and he was like "you'r mom's dead" and I'm like "I'm sorry to have to say this but I need to be alone can you please leave" and then i didn't talk to anyone or attend any classes for a month and had to leave school for awhile

Attached: dis is gunna be gud.gif (256x192, 482K)

>I'm like this without alcohol
That explains the great wall of cringe.

What do you mean? People are always better without alcohol because alcohol is bad.

>Missing the point that you act like a drunk retard without the help of alcohol
Yup... That wall just keeps on growing.

But i hoob

And we cringe.

But that point makes no sense. You said "That explains the great wall of cringe." That implies "I'm like this without alcohol" is an explanation for my behavior here. Which in turn implies I'm acting like a drunk retard BECAUSE i don't have the help of alcohol. Which is stupid.

>Still being stupid online by continually posting
The wall's growing and it still can't keep the retard out.

>doesn't even have a response

Attached: 51i7zSgVaeL._SX425_.jpg (425x445, 31K)

>Implying we even should be responding to underage retards
is where people like you belong. Go blog there instead of being retarded here.

You linked the wrong board, that's the hentai board.

Attached: moose ead burgur.png (960x720, 718K)

Who said I didn't know I linked you to the cockmongler board? You'd know this if your IQ were above 30.

>Who said I didn't know I linked you to the cockmongler board?
You didn't, you meant to link me to the cockmongler board. /d/ is the cockmongler board, not the cockmongler board. Learn the difference brainlet

Attached: doctor offering two boxes of tissues.png (648x685, 434K)

>He's still posting
>He's now assuming that I didn't mean to direct him to a board for penis-brained retards
>He even types like a retard
Penis-brained retard detected.

No no dude, /d/ is the board for penis-brained retards. Look, I understand that you meant to direct me to a board for penis-brained retards, but /d/ is just a board for penis-brained retards. Face it, you picked the wrong board.

The right retard for the right board. Deal with it and learn to stop being retarded.

Not , but everyone sees you as the laughing stock. You're shitposting outside of /b/, acting underage and not even talking about technology. You're killing Jow Forums/

You meant to send me to the right retard for the right board but instead you sent me to the right retard for the right board

:^)

The cringe in this thread is too damn high.

You should have tried CDU's Windows 9x on a floppy. They did the same concept with Windows 3.11 and managed to use the 9x UI, albeit on a 1.68 MB floppy.

based

youtube.com/embed/up863eQKGUI

You would have to use a purpose built kernel or a 2.4 branch most likely
A 2.4 kernel with uclibc and busybox would probably just fit
And dont even bother with grub, it is a fat bitch, you would probably be forced to use lilo

>I used to have Windows 3.1
>on a single floppy disk

Attached: tenor.gif (374x300, 102K)

>you would probably be forced to use lilo
syslinux

See

2.4 was so comfy.