Mfw distro hopped again

>mfw distro hopped again

Am I the only one who does this? How many distros you tried? I tried so many, and returned to Ubuntu again... When will this end, bros?

Attached: 1561125819607.jpg (970x545, 771K)

It ends when you find a distro you like enough. I stopped distro-hopping about 18 months ago.

It ends when you return to Windows.

It ends with Ubuntu or Fedora, after you've gone through Arch / Gentoo / similar autismo.

What distro made you stop?

Attached: 1560761813346.jpg (996x776, 62K)

I stopped distrohopping a while back. Ended up on a pretty normie Xubuntu system. However, I will eventually get around to installing Gentoo

I guess the problem is that you're not really doing anything with the distro. If you'd use it for work or something you'd realize that distro doesn't really matter as long as you can find all the tools you need in its package manager

when i installed fedora kde on my thinkpad. was distrohopping for 3 months before that, when i departed from windows in 2015

Slackware. Because I could do what I wanted to do with it and it continually teaches you new things.

I settled with arch a few months ago. I tried gentoo but managing USE-flags and solving dependencies was a pain in the ass.

just antergos and arch, pacman is too comfy and easy to use i don't need anything else

mint -> antergos -> arch (because antergos gave up on us)

Installed arch 8 years ago and haven't faltered since. I use Arch Linux, btw.

Fedora -> Ubuntu -> Xubuntu -> Debian -> Xubuntu -> Arch
Now I'm using Arch for years and see no reason to try anything else. It's just so comfy.

I stayed on Debian Testing for years, recently ( 6 months ago) switched to Fedora for a hardware issue, I'm pleasantly surprised with it.

Install Gentoo.

>switched to Fedora for a hardware issue

Does Fedora have good hardware support?

>am i
no
>how many
lots
>ubuntu
i always alternate between installing gentoo and windows myself

I stopped distro hopping once I got Arch because having access to the AUR makes it easy to install whatever I want. This is my distro hopping history
GalliumOS > Debian > Slackware > Trisquel > Debian > Arch

When you try manjaro i3, the comfiest of all

I stuck with Fedora for a few years now. I play around with Gentoo now and then.

I mainly switch between Ubuntu, Mint and SuSe. Although not so much SuSe now, as I loved it ten years ago, but it seems to have lost some of its magic.

Started with Ubuntu, few years later Mint, few years later Debian, and eventually Manjaro, where I currently am.
Might try something new when I upgrade my hardware.

When you finally meet pic related.

Attached: nixwaifu.jpg (499x550, 49K)

It has a very recent kernel version, so yes. If the driver's free of course, if it's a proprietary driver you have to hope the constructor provided one, as always.

I went from Ubuntu to Debian to Arch. This was over a period of 10 years. Why do people findtheneed to hop more than this? It is almost an addiction for you guys.

Install to ZFS and Libvirt, getting "ashamed" at distro hopping is small time. I used to boot into Ubuntu specifically to scrub because of superstition but now I have so many boot environments and sub-pools that I just run a scrub on whatever is on metal at the time. Once you start just booting ubuntu or arch as a container service under debian stable to test the latest C compiler craze and then figure out you can actually keep it around and boot from it a ZFS dataset is when you truly see it's not you hoping the distro, but that particular linux starting to bore you. The shame only comes from knowning you're gonna drag it back to metal some day when it updates.
My tip just use ZFS and keep pool version at Ubuntu LTS spec.

download hannah montana os

not OP but I just enjoy the install and configuration process I guess. I've hopped a ton since starting with linux just a few months ago, but settled now with gentoo on both my machines.

just use a vm...

I unironically stopped after installing Gentoo.

Attached: 1554776402545.jpg (326x273, 19K)

Xubuntu -> crunch bang -> debian testing -> arch -> antergos
Been on antergos for 2 years now after years of arch. All the best benefits of arch without much of the hassle. Just comfy.

Enjoy your literally dead distro.

>Ubuntu
>Mint
>Fedora
>Debian
>Antergos
>Ubuntu

It felt like the circle of life.

Not the right attitude user.

>distrohopping
My first distro was Debian. I'm still using it today. Just pick something that's relatively mainstream and stick with it. You're going to be a lot happier in the long run.

Attached: g.jpg (600x600, 35K)

I just switched to OpenBSD a couple of weeks ago, coming from arch for almost a year.

DESU in terms of day to day use it makes no difference as I just set up comfy windowmaker and get on with my life. What OS I use is more a reflection of my computing philosophy at any point in time.

If you don't write pledge into your programs I will come over to your house and cuck your dad.

I've been using Debian testing on my main desktop for 7 years. Arch on my laptop for 3 years, and gentoo on my home server since 2005.

Stopped at debian 9 recently upgraded to 10. It's nice because it doesn't come with everything out of the box and forces you to learn the basic stuff about gnu/linux.

> ubuntu
> opensuse
> some random arch linux installer
> manjaro
> void
> OpenBSD, running that for now, though it was a pain in the ass to set up (dualboot w/ win10)

Nah, found openSUSE, Leap is peak comfy