Why don't you use a pic related with an SSD and a GTX 1050 ti for a grand total of 350 Euros...

Why don't you use a pic related with an SSD and a GTX 1050 ti for a grand total of 350 Euros? I surely hope you dont spend any more money on "flagship" "gaming" hardware user..

Attached: hp compaq 8300 SFF i5-3470.jpg (1500x1500, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UvcHMNr98Q
pcpartpicker.com/list/7bZXTB
geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1251815
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because a 1050ti isnt very powerful.

because i use american funny money
But more seriously, while the system can probably support it, I dont trust those OEM 300 or 350w PSUs to handle another 75 watts

>Sour grapes poorfag
I can afford a better PC

you're telling me you can fit a GTX 1050 in one of these. the very computers used in over 100 schools across the state?

Attached: 1532723572300.png (854x512, 152K)

Sure, the low profile ones. They actually fit the i5-3470 pretty well, no bottlenecking on either side. The 1050 ti doesnt even need an additional power connection or a beefier PSU

youtube.com/watch?v=_UvcHMNr98Q

Because that's a stupid use of money.
pcpartpicker.com/list/7bZXTB

oy vey, good goym. And remember to upgrade every product cycle.

>proceeds to post parts list for x1.5 the price in Burgerland

what did he mean by this?

For the same price you can have a haswell i7 minitower with the ability to install full height cards and ATX PSUs.

Attached: scrot.png (940x536, 141K)

equally interesting. But with 16 GB RAM and a graphics card + ssd its well over 350 Euro. Depends on the tasks, really.

I find the whole used-enterprise hardware thing is underrated

??? why are people spending north of 600 bucks for "gaming" pcs if things like these exist

8GB more ram, a decent GPU and a small SSD are going to cost you 160 euros?
Some cursory ebaying shows me this:
2x4GB PC3-12800U: ~$20
1050Ti: ~$90
256GB SSD: ~$35

Should only be like $150/135 euros, though I imagine that the second hand market is more expensive over there like everything else.

Maybe I underestimated the Yuro-Prices compared to US. In Germany, you can get a new gtx 1050 ti low profile for 145 Eur at best

What about combining new ram sticks with the OEM ones though? That surely is not recommended, is it?

>What about combining new ram sticks with the OEM ones though?
Not a problem if they're all the same speed.

Get an optiplex instead. These HP thin units have a proprietary fan with stupid mount points on a proprietary motherboard, whereas the Optiplexes do not.

Ideally you'd use the exact same modules in each slot, but as long as you use the same specs/speed then compatibility normally isn't a problem.

k thx

what would you need additional fans for?

Because I use pic related. Whole thing was less than $200. Came with 8GB of RAM and a 2TB HDD. I upgraded to 16GB of RAM and a 250GB SSD and 4TB WD Black drive. The whole thing makes for an excellent poorfag hackintosh.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 3.29.57 PM.png (1600x1200, 2.3M)

because people are retards

I am actually in the middle of sourcing a GPU for an Optiplex 7010 build right now. Does anyone have any idea where to purchase low profile brackets for an MSI GTX 1050ti LP separately when the seller has gone and lost the damn box?

A lot of these prebuilt units have weird catches associated with them. I'm using a 7010 MT right now, and from experience:
Stock PSU doesn't have PCIE power connectors.
SATA and USB 3.0 headers are right under the GPU space so you need right angle adapters/cables.
PSU and GPU length are limited unless you remove the 5.25" or 3.5" drive racks, respectively.
Cooling isn't great and there isn't really a good place to put another fan unless you use zipties and you have to kinda hack the wiring together.
Some newer models come with proprietary mobo power connectors that require an adapter to use a 24 pin atx. (I think this starts with the X020 line, the X010 units are fine)

Nothing crazy, but for ease of use and if you want upgradability, compatibility and performance without fucking around with weird constraints I can totally see throwing some extra money around.

because of proprietary/non-standard components, especially fucking PSUs. It's an absolute hassle to replace them, or to modify them to work with ATX PSUs.

>what did he mean by this?
that value and price aren't the same.

Or you could stop burning money and build something way more sensible for a few jewro more
geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1251815

Last time i tried upgrading an OEM pc meant for business use it would refuse to boot up with the new GPU, took it out again and the fucker started up as if nothing happened

I went from 1-100 in the Witcher 3 and it needed 1080 but I didn't have as much fun as playing Unreal Tournament 2004 multiplayer..so maybe it should be 1050 for most people.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. At least on Dells, if you disable legacy boot on unupdated BIOS versions then they won't send video through newish GPUs. IIRC the builtin VGA output should still work even with the AIC GPU installed to do BIOS configuration+updates.

yeah, it's called an angle grinder, you can source them from harbor freight or most full kit hardware stores

I do. Optiplex 990 SFF + 1050Ti.
Since 16:10 is dead I'll keep my 1920x1200 screens for at least another decade so this shitbox is enough.

Attached: soi.jpg (439x296, 42K)

This, except I can’t find any low profile 1050 ti for a good price. Isn’t there a low profile 1650 coming out? That would have much better performance for the same watts.

Easy.

Attached: mlaoarfxn7j11.jpg (1091x640, 78K)

BASED and DELL-pilled

Are.... are you actually using it that way?

Attached: valve.jpg (1200x630, 663K)

that pic is older than you

It's a comfy combo for low budget / small form factor goodness, but everything from Sandy Bridge to pre Coffee Lake is starting to show its age now.
The 1050 Ti is nearly 3 years old now and the 1650 is too lackluster of a upgrade, and fuck knows when the Ti version will show up.
Any day now.

because I like to have more than 8GB of RAM an the option to have a million drives and expansion cards

1080p here i come

Just upgrade to 16GB no problemo

Damn I have doxxed my "newness". Would a protruding card pose a static risk or would it only be ugly?

I could buy used i7 3770 + rx 570 with only $299 in here, $350 maybe if I buy a new case.

>GTX 1050 ti

Attached: 1562312059462.png (638x558, 118K)

>esl
you have to go back

nice selfie

Nice outing as a nvidia shill
Daily reminder that the RX570 is cheaper, has 1-5gb more ram and is almost double as powerful than the 1050 Ti
You are really bottom of the barrel IQ for ever suggesting buying that crap because it has "TI" in the name, retard

fuck off with your fanboy wars you mentally disabled /v/tard
integrated graphics is more than enough
also
>op suggests SFF
>hurr durr 570
nice 570 LP fag

i feel like this could be solved better with a pci- riser cable and mounting the gpu to the sidepanel (backside pcb to sidepanel, use spacers to prevent shorts)

the 570 is a good card, but it needs an extra 8pin, which these shitboxes don't provide. best you could get is a chinkshit 2xmolex to pcie 6pin or sata to pcie 6pin.
rx560 maybe content with 75w from the pcie connector

because muh RGB

Attached: 1555368049304.gif (350x409, 437K)

Some of them also have motherboards with proprietary power connectors so you can't easily replace the PSU with a generic form factor one, even though the connectors are still 24pin ATX etc. Doing so can result in everything shorting out since the pin arrangement is switched around.

because im not a poorlag.

Attached: 2f0.png (680x510, 506K)

I looked into doing this, the vast, vast majority of the SFF prebuilt desktops have power draw limits on the PCI-E bus. A 1050ti would not power on.

I use one of these with a 1050ti. I use this and an old hd crt 44 in tv and a 4.1 surround in my living room. I think it's a great option for someone who likes to game but who doesn't do it all the time. I also use a thinkpad t420 for hw and work related stuff.

prove it by sending me $1000 on venmo

>Why don't you use a pic related

Because HP is shit

Optiplexes have better psu

I'd get an Optiplex if any came with AMD chips.

literally me

Attached: 1923941230493.png (354x273, 24K)

I have a Lenovo K450 with these specs.
I stopped using it because Win 8.1 sucks buckets. How is arch?

arch is great for NEETs to feel comfy about customizing their environment (like me ;_;)
also any other distro is infinitely better than wangblows

Arch is cool if you really want to know how linux and computer software works. I use manjaro because I'm a brainlet.

My grandma needs a new computer to play her Bingo games on Facebook and other bullshit flash games.

Can someone help me find one of these good budget computers?

ebay

font name?

They actually make adapters to hook standard PSUs to some of the proprietary motherboards HP, Acer and other OEMs like to use

>350 Euros
Haha, eurocucks

You can put together an Ivy Bridge Optiplex + 1050 Ti for $200

says it right there user

This

I have an optiplex 9010 full tower sized version and I'm running an RX 570 from the stock PSU (using sata to 8 pin power adapter) and it's never shut off on me yet

Any 60$ chromebook

Idk man, ive tried dell optiplexes and they all just werk

Even some of them that say in the manual that the slot only puts out 35W actually still puts out the full 75W

RX 560 is way below a 1050 Ti
RX 570 isn't made in low profile size

A PCIE riser cable costs more than the electric or biological energy required to cut a hole in the case.

For that amount of money you can build a Ryzen G-series APU with about that much graphical reach and room for a later GPU if you wish

No Ryzen APU comes close to a 1050 Ti, and the whole build will cost more.

>way below
not really

I have one but I'm afraid pairing a card with whatever chinkshit 240W PSU it has will just invite disaster in the long run. At least the integrated graphocs are good eenough for light emulation

Dawg, it's pretty significant.

Im not saying the 1050 Ti is some kind of monster but the gap between RX 560 and 570 is utterly massive

Attached: WoT[1].png (1309x956, 33K)

How loud are they?

It's a cutdown 560 and wot favors nvidia.

You wont find any game benchmark that puts 560 ahead

The very first benchmark i found right now had 560 beating 1050 in most of the games tested.

I can unironically get 60fps in doom 2016 at 1080p with this thing

Post it

Also, 1050 is not 1050 Ti

I've done that for several of my friends who wanted to get into pc gaming without breaking the bank.

ummm where are the RGBS???

>ssd
Samsung NVMes are literally $40 a piece in Aliexpress for 256gb

>Inspooron

>Aliexpress
no thanks

What's the wattage on your PSU?

Those list for $100 regularly (though much rarer than the SFF version)

Why don't you drive a pic related with a turbo for a grand total of $13k USD? I surely hope you don't spend any more money on "flagship" automobiles user...

Attached: cheapest.jpg (910x393, 33K)

>Buying a Renault
Just get a used Toyota Corolla.

it is picrel

Attached: 71M8prTHgBL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 25K)

But i do OP.. Ok its not a 1050ti but its close enough...

Attached: 6300SFFi53470GTX1050.jpg (469x370, 28K)

Updated

Attached: 6300SFFi53470GTX10502.jpg (476x428, 30K)

It's in russian

I intend to use this as a NAS with 3 8TB hard drives.

Attached: IMG_20190711_124317124.jpg (3840x1920, 2.12M)

Because I got an i5 4690k build with a 970, 16GB of RAM, 212 Evo, 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD for 400 bucks.

Also that case is shit and most likely the PSU is too.