You have 10 seconds to explain why you not using OpenBSD 6.5

You have 10 seconds to explain why you not using OpenBSD 6.5

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-12_16-35-47.png (900x591, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KsTZtJZslJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't support my hardware

It just werks

Attached: Symbol-Windows.png (2600x2107, 42K)

i'm lazy

cba

Poor performance on my laptop. Might throw it on an Optiplex in the future.

The installer doesn't automatically find the filesets on the USB installer.
It doesnt support my atheros WiFi card.

Because I'm using OpenBSD -current

Use ethernet fag

Port broke

Just set the path to usb, for God sake hahahah

But I'm using -current too

Because I'm using GUIX

>t.stallman

Im not sure what to write exactly. I tried /dev/sdb but it didnt work.

it sucks

Because its an IP routing and secure web application platform and this is a workstation that occasionally plays video games. OpenBSD is only amazing for work if you program in C.

stop larping faggot

Fix it faggot

Solder joints are other side of the motherboard and ill have to disassemble the entire laptop so fuck it.

openbsd uses sb1, sb2, sb3...

Shut up, Kyle.

when it asks where the sets are, say "disk"
if you're installing from usb, the partition is already mounted, and the path defaults to where the sets already are

I'm sorry you can't play video games, but I can.
I can also run a shitload more stuff here and if I didn't keep needing to jump through hoops to get a good filesystem on OpenBSD I might have kept my nextcloud hosted under httpd but really that operating system is either a router or a LAMP.

I actually use my computer

I tried disk but then it asked for amd64 and said it couldn't find them. I dd'd install65.fs onto my fat32 flash drive so nothing went wrong.

Because I use Darwin

because I'm using Fedora.

*tips hat*

Attached: niggers.png (702x508, 65K)

You think someone is larping about playing video games?

IT'S HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=KsTZtJZslJY

Attached: IMG_2883.jpg (1530x2048, 984K)

darwin and macos, each are better

Fellow wincucks users.... It's over... the openBaSeD chads won... We lost....

Because im happy with Arch at the moment

Big numbers scare me.

I have an SSD

I want to get an emac like machine to put it on.

i'm too comfy with my autistic lfs based custom linux distro, to a degree where i can't use anything else, even other distros.

>using a Fedora VM
Pleb

Attached: 1.jpg (976x556, 102K)

Fuck off cucks

Already using gentoo.

There's no excuse not to use it, it's just about as simple and painless to manage as source-based OSes get while still offering all the same functionality / extensibility.

It's memed here as "hurr durr so hard durr the holy grail of unix hurr if you install it then you're super 1337 master hacker" but that's only because no one here has used any *other* source-based OS. So the meme is actually true, *compared to blob-based OSes*. But if you acknowledge the existence of things like Source Mage and Guix, Gentoo is toddler mode, and blob-based OSes are so baby-tier they don't even exist.

So why do I use it? Because I'm a big fucking baby, that's why. I got good enough to see the road I still have ahead of me.

And why do I say there's no excuse not to use it? Because I know you're also a big fucking baby.

It would kill my SSD and has no ZFS or hardware support

>It would kill my SSD
They kill themselves. RAID1 or go home.
>no ZFS
Valid point but only if you're willing to wait for/port/sponsor HAMMERFS
>hardware
What kind of esoteric proprietary shite are you running

6.4 worked too well and I'm waiting for 6.6 and sysupgrade(8)

because openbsd is awful to use and I couldn't get it to install correctly on neither my Alienware nor my Lenovo laptop

smp

>fell for alienware meme
>fell for openbsd meme
poor user

>Alienware
This isn't Kyle

>RAID1 or go home.
What about bootup speeds?

>lenovo
>alienware
>tripfag
Also, check em

So are shitposts like this replacing the OpenBSD generals due to lack of interest in hipster OSes?

Because Slackware

Attached: dobbslack1.jpg (163x192, 6K)

Not safe enough.

Pull the plug on that computer, plug it back in, watch it fail to boot.

Because I'm using Microsoft® Windows™ 10 Long Term Support Channel optimized with Optimize-Offline

I like to use hardware from this millennium.

This.

I mean why would I trust a non-POSIX-compliant BSDistro that claims to have security in mind, when it doesn't even ship with a hosts file that redirects Facebook, Discord, Twitter, YouTube and every other NSA site to localhost?

Attached: Stallman vs. BSD.png (499x499, 236K)

This.

But if you do that then how would you access the official OpenBSD Facebook group or reach many of the developers who are on Twitter?

Attached: 6545322345553.png (1729x833, 1.53M)

>had to blank out personally identifiable information
that's why I use a VM you dumb nigger.

no drivers for my wifi board

You wouldn't because the BSDistrofags will tell you on their general to avoid using BSD to access these sites. Even they know their OS isn't secure enough to browse these sites safely.

>10 seconds
You type fast, huh?

BSD users even get upset when you call their distros "distros," completely ignoring how BSD has the word Distribution in its name.

>implying anyone even pays attention to the 10 seconds meme

Attached: wellcome too my're studio.png (1492x765, 1.18M)

I prefer NetBSD
And this too. It's my daily driver.

These. I hate fdisk.
Post screenshot or you're lying.

Bc I’m literally too stupid to install it. I can’t even get past the boot menu...

Poor performance, terrible filesystem, your data dies when you lose power, doesn't have a bunch of software I use. Stop shilling this trash.

>openBSD and Bluetooth
Now something in that sentence HAS to be horribly wrong or downright misleading

First of all, if it doesn't have the software you use, don't use it, it's that simple
Same as I wouldnt tell someone that works with windows programs exclusively to bother with linux, the same applies here
Of the other 3, only 1 is legit, and that's the filesystem. Performance is great, for its usecase. The data doesn't die when you lose power.
Noone is shilling it more than people are shilling Linux

Performance is way worse than Linux and even Windows, and this is something even the developers admit and justify it with "m-muh security". And there's countless reports of people losing their data because FFS doesn't do journaling, which even fucking NTFS does.

first post best post

Well that's *relative* performance, not performance itself
And yes, muh security is the reason why I laugh at all the Intel vulnerabilities that plague Linux these past few years
So you just repeated that the filesystem sucks twice, I agreed on that part, but trying to flavor it differently to bait other anons is rather dumb
Unless of course you have no other arguments than
>it's not linux
>it (ie the leading research security operating system) needs less security and more speed
>it needs a better filesystem (it does)

>Raid
"No."
>willing to
No.
>esoteric
Intel hd from 2010, nvidia gpu.

Turn javascript off and the entire internet is safe to use.

>that's *relative* performance
>>>/hckrnews/
OpenBSD contradicts everyone on Jow Forums who shills bloatless software - fewer lines of code but still much slower than gnu. You can benchmark every single coreutil vs openbsd counterpart and you'll find the latter is slower consistently. The one single thing openBSD has going for itself is cybersecurity but that's just unproven.

Release cycle is way too fast. I'm not upgrading every six months, especially when they feel free to make breaking changes in any given release.

>fewer lines but still slower
Oh my god do you have a brain tumor?
Do you even know what multithreading is?
>unproven
So unproven that Linux fags have implemented in base every single openBSD tool thus far, including of course openSSH, tmux, and soon libreSSL
Of course, it's like putting band-aids on the Titanic, but by the time you figure that you might as well be dead
Also Jow Forums is generally retards, not as retarded as hackernews but it's a bunch of CS dropouts or even worse, CS students

Pretty much sold my soul to ms. Windows, visual studio, azure. I use it all.

>multithreading is
Yes, it's ineffective because the shitty OS decides I only need half my CPU threads. OpenBSD is objectively, factually slower on x86-64 machines than any linux distro.
>every single
And we got an openssh DOS not too long ago.

because they insulted the government and armed forces of the united states

>make breaking changes in any given release.

But this never happens.

(((open))) bsd

I prefer performance as a feature in my os

GPU: llvmpipe
No other reasons needed.

>Yes, it's ineffective because the shitty OS decides I only need half my CPU threads
It's simply disabled by default. Enable it.

sup fellow fedora29 fag. may i ask, why havn't you upgraded to f30 yet? for me it's because piece of shit mellanox only has rpms for f29, and they dont even fucking compile on kernels newer than the one i have. so im stuck waiting like a dunce

Attached: Screenshot_20190713_020724.jpg (736x424, 93K)

Done and it's still slower. Fuck me.

giant lock in the kernel lmao

Attached: a face only a mother could love.jpg (600x800, 69K)