>best torrent client according to Jow Forums
What went wrong?

Attached: qb_banner.png (800x200, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?q=is:open is:issue crash
pastebin.com/E7rZEWqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STALLED

Nothing. Trackers still rank it as top client.

>nothing
Nigga, you've been out of the loop. Last version is a disaster.

Will you spam these threads when it gets fixed eventually?

>Last version is a disaster
Yeah? And? So? It won't auto update itself genius. What exactly is so broken anyway?

Deluge is better
Prove me wrong

Its still a good client, probably even a great one. I do wish it had better blocklist support though. for YEARS that has been a shitty element of it. Unlike every other FLOSS client - Deluge and Transmission for instance - it doesn't seeem to have web-based, auto-updating blocklist/filtering support. Can't see why except devs saying "hurrdurr blocklist no worky" last I checked, a stupid rationale given that the effectiveness is dependent on their source, update frequency, and use.

Anyway, its still a good client overall

What even is a torrent block list? As well as an torrent RSS feed? Who even uses this shit? Who even uses anything other than create torrent, download, seed and "stream"?

>what even is ? who even uses anything other than ? shouldn't even exist
Red Hat employees are not welcome on this board. Shoo shoo.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I just asked a few questions. What the fuck does RedHat even have to do with any of this?

>Red Hat employees are not welcome on this board. Shoo shoo.
I chuckled desu

install rtorrent

>RSS feed
You don't need to manually download new TV-episodes. It does it automatically for you.

>avoiding the question
Just tell him why the bloat is beneficial you autist

Everything. Honestly fuck qt4/5.

In my opinion torrent clients should be daemons not desktop applications. I run rtorrent and access it through a web interface on a raspberry pi. That way I save money on electricity.

Still on 4.1.5 with 100+ torrents seeding and have zero issues. Not sure what you people are bitching about.

qbit works fine
imagine being too retarded to set up a client

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues?q=is:open is:issue crash

4.1.6?
what's wrong?

Nothing significant overall other than there are those who are Deluge or Transmission die hards since qBittorrent isn't the only reliable client out there.

Only recent issues I experienced with qBittorrent is that some downloads won't start immediately where the download only starts after a few minutes or might need me to close and then re-open the client (does not affect me significantly).

There is the stalled meme for this client but that is usually for downloads with little to no seeders in my experience (earlier issue for stalling when it was a different and more noticeable issue has seen been resolved).

for normies its fine

for server use? deluge all the way

Transmission or Halite, maybe bitpump.

If I wanted a browser and chat program I'd install esr and hexchat.

FORCE RESUME and done.

she likes it rough ;)

How is it a disaster? How badly do you people fuck up the settings that these programs just stop working?

STALLED
T
A
L
L
E
D

Update it

>install rtorrent
The only answer.

Nothing? It really is the best. Only problem I have with it is that it's not as good for a server setup, that's where Deluge comes in.
What happened with the last version? Seems to work fine

RSS feed is great when you've setup your shows on one of the sites that let's you do a custom RSS feed of new TV torrents. It's an easier form of setting up Sonarr.

aria2c is better.

>>best torrent client according to Jow Forums
Wrong. Jow Forums loves rtorrent and transmission-daemon.

>bython+jshit
i'm.so.outside

Transmission is better
CRASHED
R
A
S
H
E
D

Can't. It's just better.

>low speeds
>ask developers
>LOL ITS YOUR FAULT HERE IS WORKING FINE

Attached: 1562446166307.jpg (317x432, 24K)

someone show me a screen shot of the latest deluge running on windows 10

Question as someone who never used RSS for torrents, what's the deal as far as storage space goes? Like does it autodelete stuff once it starts getting full or?

this, Jow Forums just makes fun of qbittorrent for stalling

deluge was on hiatus for over 2 years but it might be the king again now until qbittorrent updates

>Americans on shitty American ISPs with shaped torrent traffic blaming a rock solid open source program that millions use without issue every single day

Yikes

/thread
deluge and qbittorrent are for plebs who care more about something being similar to µtorrent than being an actually good torrent client

Nah, RSS feed with qBittorrent is the simplest form of automation, it just downloads items from the feed (that match a criteria, if you've set one, like only 1080p or put some label on a certain show so it goes to a certain download folder)

Tribler best

last update autocrashing holy shit

Just revert.

not OP but i've noticed a lot of torrent stalling on 4.1.6, 4.1.5 is still perfectly fine :)

Shut up you liberal parasite

F U C K / G /
U U A
C A N C E R
K T B
/ S A
G G
/ E

Enjoy your command line communist-ware fucking shits.
/ T I X A T I /-forever

Yeah but you need to have the room to store what it's downloading.

>2500+
Holy fucking shit lmao.

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-13 073907.png (335x145, 9K)

Well yeah of course, same as with downloading torrents in general. I don't think any client will remove your shit if you don't have space for what you're downloading

use transmission. the daemon mode can be controlled using a http interface or the cli. it also has qt and gtk frontends as well. it's really fucking comfy.

>LIII
Can't believe this doesn't get mentioned on Jow Forums more often. It's a relatively new client that's both actively developed and still incredibly stable. doesn't get stalled.meme, unlike qbittorrent.
>github.com/aliakseis/LIII

Attached: LIII_BitTorrent_Client.png (739x472, 12K)

the unique feature that not make me come back to transmission is the sequential download(streaming).

looks nice but doubt any private trackers have it whitelisted.
also i want fucking dark mode on these clients.

so you're watching it as it's downloading?

this and check the quality of the video before download the whole season, there are fucking shit upscaled animes.

>not using rtorrent

Deluge straight up hangs & crashes whenever I add a torrent. qBt on the other hand starts downloading it without a hitch :^)

best client is rTorrent

Bloated.
Transmission > that shit.

nothing. it's the best desktop client. rtorrent for servers and qbit for desktops!
works on my machine

never had issues with not enough space but i imagine it gives errors if you try to download something you have not enough space for. i download animus using rss and it's great!

good thing i still use 4.1.5

Will they fix that ghost torrent glitch in transmission?

Nothing. It just works.
Only function Id consider bloat is search and thats only because I dont use it

?

Torrenting is the best and qbittorrent is wonderful. You go back to what misery you came from.

Tixati to me

Used it for about a year with no problems. Light and simple to use. Then about a month ago every torrent I added, regardless of the number of seeds, would say Stalled until I selected force resume and then restarted the program. Not exactly the end of the world, but it seems like a common problem and there's no fix. It's inconvenient.

Things that do not exist:
>stalled qbittorrent
>CP
>bigfoot
>???

Should i switch to this from deluge? Deluge doesn't get updated anymore it seems

>Open magnet link instead of downloading .torrent
>STALLED
Yeah, okay.
Guess I'll go download that torrent file then.

if deluge works there is no reason. Pretty sure 2.X was released recently so it is still supported.

>no installer yet for the new version on windows
Thanks for raising my hope, faggot

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Deluge is ass on windows anyway, only good on Linux

So what do you guys ultimately recommend on Windows?

Transmission? Seems a little bit simplistic.

Probably qBittorrent, despite this annoying STALLED bullshit.

I miss being able to set upload speed to 0kb/s and the client respecting that i don't want anything uploaded, which ironically utorrent did
Meanwhile deluge may still upload a couple of mb for each torrent. So much for free software let's the user control the program.
I guess i will try qbittorrent in then.

picotorrent

>no built in search plugins
>no sequential downloading
>still feels slow and bloated
if I wanted a client that offers little functionality I'd use transmission.

it was working fine for a while but now when I add a new torrent from a magnet link, it's always stalled unless I wait for it to load metadata before clicking OK to add the torrent

I've found that when the download isn't starting smoothly, right click -> force reannounce gets it started
I also have all these trackers autoadded to new torrents which makes sure I don't just rely on those the tracker supplies me with, it can help with less seeded torrents
pastebin.com/E7rZEWqA

Fucking leecher

Roll back to 4.1.5

Am I the only one who never had stalled problems? For reference I mostly download from nyaa and rutracker.

Did something go wrong? Was still the best client last time I checked it on my machine...

dunno how inflammatory this will be, but I use biglyBT. It's the successor to Vuze.
On linux I just use Transmission but yeah, it's too simplistic. Only use it for the occassional movie or small game.

>another retarded public tracker tards updating their torrent client on day 0 episode

Attached: 1383078751135.png (665x663, 1017K)

I don't get it. I've been using qbittorrent for 5+ years and never had any problems with it.

hey, someone has to catch the flak for the team.
The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets the bird.

this

>latest "stable" version was released 3 months ago
>day 0

Attached: 1549657340270.png (894x773, 48K)

Fuck this faggot shit. Just launched it, it crashed on startup again, I rolled it back to 4.1.5, and it launched, but quickly caused my router (ISP supplied) to disconnect, which it did a bunch of times in the past. I should've stayed on utorrent, which did any of that. Installing deluge now; I'll be back to complain if it crashes or something.

ok retard

But that's not Transmission

It was one guy spamming daily threads like two years ago. Jow Forums is not one person.

Attached: TransmissionBT.png (512x512, 59K)

>unique
uTorrent 2.2.1 has it while helpfully not deleting your torrents without asking or stalling.
If you really like being a beta tester then qB is for you. Considering it's been in beta for 10 years and shows no signs of that changing, I think I'm going to take my torrenting to something that works.