/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RX 5700 - overkill framerates*
1440p 16:9 + 1080p 21:9
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard*
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in some games*
2160p 16:9 + 1440p 21:9
>RTX 2070 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive
*requires complementary CPU and high Hz monitor

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/8jmNRJ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input–output_memory_management_unit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cl14

gonna try flashing my b450 tomahawk wish me luck bros

Gonna keep posting it you cucks, give me (You)'s

If you want me to post what I've come up with so far, or update when I'm done, sure, just feed me keywords.

fuck
repost from last thread
is it worth rrplacing 6700k for a 6 core cpu for gayming
thanks

>UPS delayed my shipment of the 3900X to Monday

Attached: 1559343082143.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

sure give us some details (does this not fit under the home server general btw?)

Jokes aside, will adding a fan over the dvd drive help cooling the VRMs, or will it more likely conflict with the air of the "ziptied" fan?

Attached: 20190711_221505-1.jpg (1296x1152, 1.13M)

what do you play

no don't do that, it makes mustard gas

Is there a reason I shouldn't get this?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1589x813, 313K)

yes, the 3400G is out

And I would have to spend an extra $100 just to get the 3400g and a compatible motherboard.

it should but if your case gets too cramped air still wont be able to flow properly. get a better case.

no nigger that cpu is still fine for the next 2-3 years

The same mobo fits retard

The air won't get cramped, there's the psu and that fan over it exhausting air.

is a massive waste of money..

literally spend the extra money on a much better gpu ffs

Not if you don't have an older CPU to update the motherboard with, retard.

cope

Is there any problem with the logical increments list? Way back I remember some shit talk but Im so out of the loop and I didnt see people talking good or bad about it even in its own thread. The outstanding tier is right about the amount Im wanting to spend.

go to a store and flash it

Just what the fuck is wrong with you....

t. lost the lottery

>Cooler Master G750M PSU 'Semi-Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, 750W'
got this power supply a couple of years ago
if i want to buy a 3900x will i be fine?
i plan to use the r9 290 i have and a couple of hard drives + ssd alongside it
should i invest in a better power supply?

it's out of date

where to buy used gpus?

Thought about that, but it will end up being a PC and I am specifically talking about hardware. Basically I'm going to set up a network in my home, proper switching, firewall and DMZs and whatever, and behind one of those DMZs I'm going to have a desktop, and a shitload of custom of hacked "IoT" devices (Intranet of Things). I think the idea of having a lot of things connected is super cool, but fucking worse than useless if I don't have absolute control over each device. So I can have a big fuckoff tower, 3 GPUs, a ton of harddrives, whatever I want and on that tower I have NAS in a VPS, a router in a VPS, GPU passthrough to some Raspi type shitbox plugged in to my TV, music player in a VPS, and I can pass everything else I want to a keyboard, mouse, screen, etc at another raspi type whatever I'm using to plug peripherals into. With proper hardware passthrough, each VM only has access to each physical resource I assign it, so everything stays nice and segregated and it doens't get super fucky really fast. A proper hardware hypervisor, especially Qubes, lets you load and kill VMs super quickly an easily, so I can use linux for whatever I want, load up tails to browse, shut tails off, load up windows to play games, load linux back up for work, or even have them all running at the same time and just tab between them because they're all in a VM, they all have their own hardware, and none of streams every cross so it's 0% gay.

However, reading into this the hardware I need to use to do this gets really fucking complicated, because sometimes stuff chipsets are phsyically capabable of doing are just turned off in lower end versions, or certain things don't support other things, or there's very high latency in specific configurations, etc. I've found a very long list of problems but no specific solutions. It's a really specific usage case, and I'm not super into hardware so I don't even know what I should type into google to figure out what the fuck actually does what I want it to do. I'm 99% sure I can figure everything else out as long as the hardware is physically capable of doing what it is that I want it to do.

Stop humiliating me

I see, since falcon had just made a thread I assumed it was relatively fresh. How out of date is it? Im so horribly out of the loop that Im just trying to get my bearings on starting. Also people used to say liquid cooling was a meme, is that still the case? Im sorry for the likely dumb questions but one of the featured builds on the pcpartpicker in the op uses it so I wasnt sure

3900x need a cooler or is it good vanilla?

reccomend me dood Mobo for 3600X 5700Xt
gayming
also should i buy it now or wait fag till mid august (when AIB 5700XT comes out) to have a mobo with a functional bios pre flashed?

Attached: 1562882279106.jpg (1906x1536, 863K)

last update is from last month, so no new AMD CPUs or GPUs

should be ok w/ the included cooler if you don't OC at all. preferably get a better cooler.

liquid cooling is a huge meme, air is perfectly sufficient unless you're going for ultra mega turbo overclocks

Should i buy my ryzen zen 2 CPU now or are price going to significantly drop during July/August?

Attached: 1558374197907.jpg (306x650, 57K)

Do you guys install RGB into your cases?
If so, do you use your motherboard's headers, or do you use a third-party controller?

I'm asking for a friend......

Attached: 1275171636926.jpg (500x459, 127K)

guys...

Attached: 1533878535278.jpg (400x600, 33K)

It's literally written and adapts to your country choice.

Attached: nigger.png (1450x200, 28K)

He just posted a july update
Here

Is there anything wrong with this new one?

Don't listen to the zoomers man, your case is great

I see, I do recall he's still waiting for reviews for certain parts like the new ryzen 5s

What are your favorite cases to work with? Looking for suggestions. Mid or full.

Thanks bro!

how much can you spend on this?

I'm about to build my first computer ever after piggybacking on my friends doing everything for me.
I am terrified I will find a way to fuck it up.

Any tips for a first-timer?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x488, 679K)

Don't worry so much. A monkey could assemble a PC nowadays.

For the Mobo + CPU? 1k probably, maybe 1.2k
I'll do my best to figure out GPU and RAM on top of that, pretty sure RAM just werks as long as it's passed through per stick and the mobo doesn't have an aneurysm, but I could be wrong. Also a really big power supply and whatever else goes into a computer, but I don't think I need any help with that unless someone has some really good recommendations.

you can do it senpai

don't set it on fire, that's bad

get a full atx case for your first build so that you have room to move around.
read instruction manuals.
double check all cables before booting for the first time.

Get an MSI B450 board instead. They have the ability to flash bios with USB.

I mean I already have all my parts, it's just the assembly process that's got me shitting bricks.
Like I'm stressing about how much thermal paste to put on and things like that.

Maybe he's not done updating?
I don't know why he's recommending the 9600k
when the 3600/3600X exists.

Logical increments is a good place to start based on your budget.

Take their build for your budget, put it into PC part picker, then ask Jow Forums and plebbit for advice on parts to switch out in order to maximize value/fps/whatever your goal is.

And, I mean, if it ends up only being doable with a 1500 dollar CPU or some shit sure I'll just eat beans and rice for a few months. iGPU would be cool for the CPU so I can just run the base system/hypervisor off that and don't need to worry about dedicating another GPU to that.

So, why should I even close my case in the first place? Shouldnt it be cooler considering theres more air? Dust is not a problem since im on a 6th floor and it can be cleaned very quickly with compressed air, so tell me, why should I close my case at all?

Attached: 106896353-open-pc-case-with-internal-parts-motherboard-cooler-video-card-power-supply-hdd-drives-3d- (1300x975, 104K)

so you don't accidentally ejaculate into it

Also definitely interested about whether or not a single closed loop watercooling system makes sense, I don't really care how it looks and I'm fairly confident I can build it, I've done some plumbing in my time, I only really care if it's a big benefit now for actual performance.

Also good linux support for motherboard bits like audio controllers and mouse and keyboard stuff and whatever other hardware the motherboard manages would be really good, things are gonna get piped around a lot and I haven't touched windows in years so it would be awesome if all that stuff just worked in a basic setting.

Thanks user, ill get that build ported over for that then.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8jmNRJ

Instead of building two PCs for my girlfriend and I, I was thinking of building one PC and using virtual tech to turn into two individual gaming PCs. 14 core processor, a couple 2080s and 1440p 144hz monitors, and all the storage and a gpu/monitor for the original. What do you guys think?

>3600X
>gaming
Anything will do.. really. BIOS and RAM will be your issues if you decide against X570 or presumably B550, if that will be a thing.
For the 5700XT wait for custom cards. Blower cards blow.

put on enough to cover the heatspreader but not so much that it spills over the sides.
which thermal paste are you using?

I mean if you plan to run three real GPUs in it the cheapest motherboard I can think of that has 3 full size PCIe slots is the Asrock Taichi mATX TR4. Together with a 2950X this would be about 1000$ but a questionable investment with a new generation of Threadrippers on the way.

>payday same as Prime day
maybe I'll get lucky and pick up a good 144hz screen. doubt they'll discount the actual CPU/mobo any significant amount

From his post
>- The 3200G, 3400G, and the 3600 were not added, as the reviews for these are scarce. I think I only read a single 3600 review so far. Once the reviews/benches are out, I will check

He's right

Correct

Trash, check OP builds for a better starting point

>made a thread
Which one?

Arctic MX4

Mid or full case for ATX?

Attached: nvidia autism.webm (720x900, 1.28M)

I linked it in another post then an user pointed out its updated as of july 10th. Any chance of you elaborating on why its trash?

>skylake-x
absolute no. if you're doing virtualization get 3900x (3950x soon) or TR

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input–output_memory_management_unit
This is the basic functionality that allows me to do what I want, what I'm wondering is how I'm supposed to find out how motherboards physically support this for all of the slots and peripherals.

So why did AMD recommend 3200CL14 and 3600CL16 for Zen 2 when in reality memory makes very little difference now?

Attached: full tower.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

the fractal meshify c

that's a big tower

if its not electrically conductive you'll be fine. just put on enough that it resembles a large-sized pea in the center, the cooler should spread it out enough for you.
if you want to check and have enough for two applications, apply once, mount cooler, take cooler off and see how it spread. clean and adjust from there.

Ramlet

Got it, thanks man.

There's a Home Server general that pops up from time to time, it always dies because it's a super niche subject and the retards put a discord link in the OP. I want to do similar with the VM autism, especially if I ever needed to move to Win10, but that might be beyond my patience for tweaking settings.

There was some weirdo at one point that boasted about a hefty gaming server in the basement of their house, wired it with 10gigabit, and had connections to hubs at each tv and they would play PC games wherever they wanted, while someone else could play whatever on a different TV.

Anyway, my only knowledge is making sure the motherboard/cpu you get are compatible with ECC RAM, most consumer grade components are not. I don't know enough about the significance of Buffered/Registerd RAM.

You want directed flow. Controlled supply in, controlled exhaust out. But the main problem with ATX design standards is the position of the GPU tends to allow it to bake in its own heat, since it only exhausts heat to its sides, and the back is blocking the main path to the case exhaust. But flipping the side of the pcb everything is on would fuck up itx and cpu clearance.

Also, the side panel keeps pets and critters from exploring the insides of your case freely.

You lost the genetic lottery, you mong.

It does make a difference doesn't know what he's talking about.

Attached: sekiro-1280-720.png (500x370, 26K)

At least I'm not poor :^)

This

Roaches and Spiders loves to fuck with new tech

Jow Forumsoys do I need extra juice(power) to run an 1050 Ti strix or the pci-e power is enough?

>1050 ti strix
why

Bitcion is peaked right now.

I have ~$500 in there. Not sure which to upgrade from newegg.

Got Xeon E5-2670 v1 CPU and 1060 3GB GPU.

What's the best upgrade route before buttcoin crashes?

PowerColor vs Sapphire if money is not a factor?

sapphire

Sapphire makes the best AMD cards

why do turks engage in sexual intercourse with my PCB?

got it from a deal, I paid like 50 bucks, the guy I bought it from wanted to get in to pc gaming but never had time to do so, I have an rx 580 for my pc, also you know the answer to my question?

Actually looks a lot like what I want, thanks user. What are your feelings about the next generation for TR? Wortwhile upgrade, or wait and current gen becomes much cheaper? I'll try and see if they're adding any cool support for hardware virtualization, but the reality is that a lot of this stuff isn't advertised anywhere because people either don't care, or are buying a thousand of whatever the vendor tells them is gonna work.

TR is terrible single core. and 3900 can't offer 6 cores per PC plus 2 for VM

Lets get this straight

Blue led is for Cooler temps
Red led is for Higher FPS
Green led is for Quieter builds

But what does the White led do?

White is the combination of all three. Didn't they teach you color theory in elementary school?

I haven't checked it recently, but Logical Increments is too focused on the incremental aspect instead of the logical. Most builds are completely pointless, and the few that aren't still mostly have questionable component pairings.

Brainlet

white led combines all three by making your pc into a small fusion reactor

Anyone else with Zen2 and X470 having trouble with the suspend function?

Why is the mATX more expensive than the ATX tho? Any meaningful differece? Should I just go with ATX?