Arch Linux is Great So Far

I recently switched to arch a few days ago and so far I love it!!! Setting up wi-fi was a bit of a hassle due to some shit driver stuff but I fixed it all up and now my experience is great! I use XFCE and everything feels so smooth and lightweight, and I feel like I'm in control of my distro. It's awesome.

Attached: 54321.png (804x906, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

science.sciencemag.org/content/361/6407/1112
sciencemag.org/news/2018/09/plants-communicate-distress-using-their-own-kind-nervous-system
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install gentoo

Arch users are the vegans of Linux distros.

Good job user

Attached: 1522866004585.png (746x512, 99K)

cant argue with that lmao

thanks mate

sorry last time i checked i'm not linus torvalds

Great choice user!
Arch is stable and has lots of fun packages

In your /etc/pacman.conf
under [options], make sure you have the following
Color
TotalDownload
CheckSpace
ILoveCandy
VerbosePkgLists

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-12 23-16-05.png (675x348, 58K)

>ILoveCandy

Attached: 1561011494552.png (210x240, 5K)

Using arch for two years and still love it (:

Great to hear mate

K, now install Void.

>arch users are healthy and superior morally
fine with me.
enjoy colon cancer, fat fuck.

that's not how risk factor works brainlet

>I feel like I'm in control of my distro.
lol

Attached: arch is not minimalist.png (1169x3679, 513K)

Arch is unironically great. Been running it for years, nothing ever breaks and everything is exactly the way I want it. It's not hard to install and everything just works. I don't understand the arch hate

Attached: 1498418004180.jpg (680x510, 30K)

Yeah Arch is based. I use it with Budgie so its relatively lightweight but looks nice at the same time. Best distro ever desu.

You can skip the tough setup using a cooler version of Arch, SwagArch

Attached: 2019-07-12-184539_490x314_scrot.png (490x314, 12K)

>nothing ever breaks
back to /v/eddit while you still have x server

Do you have to update every fucking day. Or xould I just go on without updating indefinately

P.S How much battery life are you getting compared to windows? The same or less?

You still aren't going to fit in, tomorrow on the irc circle jerk you joined it will be about how you don't use a shit-on-purpose terminal

>could I just go on without updating indefinately
If you don't want security or feature updates, of course. Nothing is going to break if nothing changes.

Updating is a trivial matter that can be performed whenever. If you're paranoid, check the arch homepage for posted issues before updating.

This is funny to watch after your arch now becomes older than Debian stable because you ran out of gas realizing your mistake but don't worry you'll come up with another excuse

based

based threadkiller

Alternatively, use any distro made in the last 20 years where you don't have to pretend it's 1997 and check some shitty page and use the free time to get a job and make money and buy a house

Switched to Arch from Gentoo. Having xfce install in a minute was fucking orgasmic after compiling for 3 hours on Gentoo. Sure systemd is bloat but I don't really give a shit. Only thing I don't like about this distro is how many babbies think they're l33t for using it. It's literally just mounting some partitions and typing in pacstrap whatever the fuck, and installing all your other packages. Get back to me when you've set up LFS without the book and used all the latest software. No spoonfed patches or anything.

>buy a house
In this market?

Takes a few seconds on Ubuntu

I don't remember how long it was exactly, maybe it was just a few seconds for me too. Nice dickwaving I guess. Anyway I don't know why you'd install xfce on ubuntu instead of just using xubuntu right off the bat, which is actually what I did for a while. They must put some kind of bloat on that shit though because I noticed my system ran much faster on Gentoo than on xubuntu. Same on Arch.

>Updating is a trivial matter that can be performed whenever
Until you're so out-of-date that pacman shits itself over PGP keys.

In my 7 months of using arch that has never happened.

>install arch
>use manjaro tools

Attached: think.jpg (800x742, 69K)

Attached: 1562724805645.png (1080x1032, 1.43M)

VHS is unironically great. Been using it exclusively for decades, nothing ever breaks and everything is exactly the way I want it. It's not hard to use. I don't understand why other people say it sucks

>MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Try Artix if you like Arch but don't like systemd. It just werks.

posting from my fresh Arch install on my desktop, with windows now completely removed from my life. hello friends

I just installed Arch recently and I did not install a DE yet. Will I learn more if I force myself to use the terminal?

LARBS?

Very cool user, you should learn a new language on your new distro and make everyone more proud of you.

Your packages are out of date.

Seems like you're an "arch" user, geddit?

Attached: 1553616393939s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

Moral, healthy, educated, but a target of memetic cope campaign?

Attached: 1484538579386.jpg (1280x1280, 279K)

this is all you need to do its not hard

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

>not using Arch or Gentoo

Attached: 1559525388079.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Vegans kill more animals than animal eaters.

That meme was dead thousands of threads ago.

>I use XFCE
you want xfwm4-git if you want the transparency

that would be gentoo

> x
heh who even uses that obsolete crap

I still haven't seen a meatard refute this comic.
Replace "rainforests" with "rodents killed during harvest".

Attached: tumblr_ocbmkdn0J61tzue9go1_1280.jpg (1280x1280, 251K)

apt is slower than pacman

>go on Jow Forums to cry your xorg broke

just use i3 fegit
it's the patrician choice

workspace_layout tabbed
hide_edge_borders both

dickwaving. lol yet here we are in the "btw i use arch" thread

I'm sure it is if you spend weeks configuring every last little flag and then only start the timer in the last 10 seconds

you have won nothing, you cannot use any form of easiness tools with arch or else you won't be invited to IRC, you might as well be on ubuntu

nobody cares kill yourself

you can use the terminal on ubuntu as well

I remember like 2011 when nobody ever talked about arch except to say only kids who wanted to feel like a hacker used it. Now like half the board is running it. What went wrong?

nobody actually uses arch, it's a game for attention. they want you to forever be stuck in the first 3-5 day phase where you are figuring things out so they can think they are superior. it's their only form of communication. the entire arch site, forums, and wiki is just "herd management" which is the same concept applied on a bigger scale. everything is designed to make you waste your time so that you give up and beg in IRC but you are never ever going to fit in

if you do actually end up using arch you will run out of gas in a few weeks after you realize that nobody gives a flying fuck about you and that you fell for the meme. there's an example of this in the thread, and the funny part is that the supposed "most cutting edge distro" will now get old and deprecated

>I'm sure it is if you spend weeks configuring every last little flag and then only start the timer in the last 10 seconds
C O P E

Are you telling me that there are ton of people on Jow Forums that have arch installed just so they can post a picture of it and pretend they use it? I believe you.

cut out the middleman, neofetch accepts a -source flag so you can change the distro. use an alias in your terminal config so it looks like you're just typing it with no other flags.

be part of the online crowd, without any of the work

So why not cut into Debian yourself?

>I'm sure it is if you spend weeks configuring every last little flag and then only start the timer in the last 10 seconds
When did we start talking about / - \ |?

Easy. Recent science proves that plants and related have nervous systems, thus can feel pain as well and they're are alive as well. Now, if we follow the mental gymnastics of vegans in their moralist stances we should now avoid eating them too since we're literally painfully killing them.

>plants feel pain so better torture more of them to feed tortured animals!
Meatard logic

Hilarious comparison. Humans are omnivore. This is the only statement that would've been required for non-vegans to say to justify their stance. And yes, you can show love towards a type of animals and still eat them (that's what we literally do. So why not?). That's how it has been done for centuries. If it were for me, I wouldn't care eating a dog in South Korea as well.

Straw man. Not an argument. Try again.

not him but the comparison here is how both vegans and arch spergs know that they are losers and make up for this by telling everyone they are one for attention

Still no argument against the fact that to feed animals, you have to harvest more plants because meat production is incredibly wasteful compared to plants.
So even if you believe the cope loon bullshit about plants having feeling, you're still wrong.

vegans don't understand plant pain because they don't have a face or make a squeal when they get hurt and also they don't believe in science that would show them otherwise. it's all for attention nobody is really a vegan just like nobody really uses arch

Not an argument

arch distribution is an anagram of chad burritos

my argument is you probably make less than $5K a year and will kill yourself soon

>believe
Not "believe". Facts. Maybe you should lurk moar. science.sciencemag.org/content/361/6407/1112 (from sciencemag.org/news/2018/09/plants-communicate-distress-using-their-own-kind-nervous-system ). I have a whole bag full of this btw, approx. around 134. It's no longer disputed since a while now, buddy.

>Still no argument against the fact that to feed animals, you have to harvest more plants because meat production is incredibly wasteful compared to plants.

Still using that straw man, aren't we? Stick to what my actual argument was. Then try again. Besides that, let's follow your crooked logic: Let's say we were to ban meat (or turn everyone into a vegan), then people would still have to live from something, wouldn't they? Since the whole "we love animals" stance would be spread by vegans like a propaganda tool, it's getting even worse: Overpopulation of several animals (even hunting to balance out overpopulated areas and preventing extinction of other animals would not be allowed in a world full of vegans, since animals are getting killed. That's a big no-no for vegans), except if we castrate them (probably won't happen, if we follow vegans' moral positions), so they couldn't breed. What would we have to do? Either feed them or shoot them. The latter wouldn't happen as well cuz vegans. So, we need to feed them. So.. what do we feed them? Got it or still hard to comprehend?

What the fuck are you even trying to say here?
That not supporting the subhuman barbarism that is factory farming must come with total ban on population control?

You're a fucking retard.

he eats meat

want to know how I know

he has enough energy to post

therefore all vegans are hipster poseur faggots just in it for attention

real vegans get sick and die from nutrition deficiency

the solution to this is to get a job and not have to feel like you have to do something desperate to pretend you are different when you are exactly the same

>nutrition deficiency
>toxin poisoning
>water dehydration

Attached: 1562373069140.png (800x960, 1.14M)

Except, unlike just saying "dehydration", the word deficiency doesnt inherently convey a lack of nutrition.
English better you tard.

>That not supporting the subhuman barbarism that is factory farming must come with total ban on population control?

Another straw man argument. You're not really good at this, user.

is this the new shill thread?
USE NIXOS

Attached: nixgirl.png (1920x1080, 533K)

How stable compared to Ar"s"ch
Do I have to update every time, will my system break?

i love animals, they taste amazing

what's your point?

I'm using Arch since '07 and really don't fucking understand where/how this "Arch is le showing off distro" meme came to existence.

I use it because pacman is fucking amazing compared to any other major distro pkg manager, they're not anal about free/non-free in their repos, AUR and packages have mostly upstream, untouched configs. It's not an achievement to install or use it, it's just another normal Linux distro ffs and not LFS or something.

life is pain
world is a fuck
have sex and kill things
such is the human condition

If I install Manjaro can I say

>I use Arch btw

without coming off as a poser?

I tried to switch, but it's really annoying to set it up the way you want. It's not customizable at all.

>be a subhuman worm, you can't be anything else because I can't!

what does that make unironic gentoo users though?

Gentoo users are the ones on a keto diet