Ryzen rumors

>rumors from igors lab about ryzen

“ASUS released a list of 300 and 400 series mainboards which they will officially release a Ryzen 3000 BIOS for.

For that list they've gotten a "Warning Letter" from AMD. A "Warning Letter" is a "polite" warning to not do certain things or to do it hidden in the background to take it out of the focus/spotlight. I don't know exactly what was in the letter but I know for certain that they've received one.

AMD also plans on creating a new CPU batch to "counter" those kind of things. The new batch will no longer be compatible with 300/400 series boards due to an updated microcode, forcing consumers to buy the more expensive 500 series boards.

If you talk to the board partners they are half torn about this. On one hand they of course want the consumers to buy the more expensive boards, as they gain more profit from that, but on the other hand they also want to get rid of their previous 300/400 board stocks.
[…]
Board partners like MSI have their BIOS files ready as well, however they did not release it PUBLICALLY

It's about both. AMD definitively doesn't want PCI Gen 4 on the old boards, just as little as they want the fat Ryzen CPU's on there. I still remember the Phenom II and the 95 Watts limit on many older boards, this is not a new thing they do, it happened before and it's happening again.”

Attached: B50356AE-A86D-43F4-A537-3C34571A3E7F.jpg (600x338, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1MjcHPYWzLU
tomshardware.com/news/asus-b450-x470-motherboards-pcie-4.0-support,39859.html
semiaccurate.com/2018/08/07/intel-has-no-chance-in-servers-and-they-know-it/
anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do you give a shit about Ryzen, are you poor or something?

Who cares?
Intcel is still king for gayming and lowered prices (and will probably do it again) to counter Zen 2.
Meanwhile Zen 2 was mild disappointment that still can't beat Intcel old gen chips at gaming, failed to deliver 5Ghz, still needs good RAM, and reintroduced chipset fans on fucking expensive boards with useless PCIe4

>The new batch will no longer be compatible with 300/400 series boards due to an updated microcode

OH NONONONONONONONO

Wtf. I love intel now.

i don't want to buy the shitty x570 board, that's what i am so concerned about.

Then prepare your anus. AMD is a premium brand now

If this is true amd is no better than incel

>4 IPs

Shut up

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

post link or gtfo faggot

>upgrade every year
>undervolt
>flash GPU bios
>overclock
>get fast (read magical) RAM
>expensive cooler
>extensive tweaking of their system
>play mental gymnastics that they dont need features in games/boycott games that implement them
>cherrypick benchmarks all day to find the few rare occasions when AMD is only slightly behind to argue cost/performance

>Just to prove to strangers on the internet their hardwares aren't inferior to intel and nvidia

Couldn't care less desu, I already have the best gaming CPU (9900k)

Attached: 1549664547287.jpg (2560x1440, 237K)

Link you fucking shill?

Attached: x.png (419x238, 84K)

youtu.be/1MjcHPYWzLU

the source is igors lab

>igors lab
never heard of em

fake news. amd gains nothing from making retards buy a x570 motherboard for cpus that dont need it. buying a 450/470/350 motherboard is a mixed bag with how it affects your cpu depending on the ryzen 3000 model you get though so it doesnt make sense for all these companies to try and list all the different issues. it should be for old users only basically.
>less cores
>more cost
>1080p
>best

Dude seems about as legit as adored.

>more cost
9900k costs $450 and 3900x costs $499.
Why are AMDrones so retarded?

Boomer looking for views

his gay pink magenta benchmarks are all over Jow Forums you nigger

Igor is a fucking retard. It's only about pcie 4 on old boards, because they cant guarantee that its going to work without problems. He's doing this only for views.

This is FUD
Old boards cannot have 4.0 enabled since it needs a new chipset and tracing, it is impossible to make them work at 4.0 speeds. BIOS for MSI are fucked because they cheaped out on the size of the flash memory and it doesn't fit the entire new BIOS so they are making a Lite BIOS for it. Most boards alreadly have AGESA 1001 which is alreadly compatible with all Zen2 but the 1003 is coming out to fix the majority of problems people are having at the moment.

Shitty larping. Amd gives no fuck about the boards, that's the board manufacturers who hate this and want to stop it working.

Do you have one for example? Magenta is a very striking color.

VRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrRRrrrrr

>Board partners like MSI have their BIOS files ready as well, however they did not release it PUBLICALLY
Who the fuck are you trying to fool here, even MSI made the bios available at July 1st. A week before launch. What the fuck are jannies doing, the entire board is flooded by shill threads and samefagging.

There are a few beta bios out there where pcie4 does work on older chipsets. AMD just doesn't want it out in the wild so it remains a selling point for x570.
Sort of similar to the bclock overclocking that asrock enabled when intel told them not to.

>some nobody talking
>only one link to some chink site
>no mention of claim
Fuck off with your concern trolling.

>old screenshot
okay buddy

insider igor wallosek from toms hardware
>nobody

>toms hardware
Yes, nobody.

Attached: 1558232540496.jpg (365x346, 23K)

never heard about the internal struggle at toms hardware? igor was the only based guy. TH is shit.

What he didn't say: It was aimed at the PCIe 4.0 compatibility with older mainboards that AMD tested but later rejected and asus openly posted on their website.

tomshardware.com/news/asus-b450-x470-motherboards-pcie-4.0-support,39859.html
>The flagship ROG Crosshair VII Hero, which boasts a $274 price tag, can't run the first PCIe x16 slot at PCIe 4.0 speeds, while the TUF B450M-Plus Gaming, which goes for $90, supports PCIe 4.0 speeds on both the PCIe x16 and the M.2 slots.
that's what they want to prevent, misleading informations that may tarnish the Ryzen 3000 processors while it's just tiny differences in the mainboard layout or the use of chips that splits the 16 GPU lanes into twice 8 lanes that prevent PCIe 4.0 to work in older boards.

>just as little as they want the fat Ryzen CPU's on there.
Yeah, these may pose also some problems on older boards.

how 'bout

>Toms
>JUST BUY IT GOY!
Discarded

that's the us part of tomshardware you are talking about kiddo. Igor is from de.

This wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't have a problem with AMD doing it desu. Bulldozer compatibility with AM2/AM3 boards was a disaster to the point where your mobo could be killed out of the box.

The blame lies with AMD's marketing 'team' for trying to claim this shoddy compatibility is a good thing, and for the fake boost clocks. By far the weakest facet of AMD as a company.

nice guy ASUS
would be funny if more manufacturers didn't care

Attached: untitled-3 (1).png (554x496, 171K)

This is honestly the first time I've seen anyone post or link anything from them.

even gaymus nexus and linux gay tips mentioned him

plz sir this is an AMD fan board.

I implore you to do the needful and delet this.

But that shows the 9700K is the best gaming CPU.

Then buy Z390

>The new batch will no longer be compatible with 300/400 series boards due to an updated microcode,

I smell bullshit. I bet its an architectural security issue that they are trying to keep under wraps.

*inhales deeply*
The shit found on AMDs zen series will make Spectre, Meltdown, and ZombieLoad look like baby shit. The Red team is red through and through after Su took the lead.

Attached: zergFlag.jpg (300x200, 11K)

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lisa Su? more like Lisa Jew amirite

my prime x470 pro will get pcie 4th gen despite me never even wanting it. Haha fuck you Lisa and your overpriced x570 shit that needs a fan for the south bridge.

Attached: Time_to_Jack_off.jpg (274x540, 46K)

time will show

jesus. I think this release of cpu's has more shills out in full force than any other thing I've seen on Jow Forums. the only other thing on other boards I see come close to this is /v/ with tons of shills for trash games, who are also very persistent. this place really is a dumpster fire

Yeah but at least its a big dumpster fire.

Wasn't Ryzen 3000 explicitly advertised to be compatible with 470/450 chipsets, though?

Attached: AMD-X570-Support.jpg (1730x946, 122K)

I don't care about poozen, as I have a job

Attached: stevejobs1200xx1836-1033-0-96.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

only processor, not Pcie 4.0

>Igor's lab
Literally who

sure but i don‘t know how much one can trust in advertised things. i really hope it‘s just the pcie 4.0 potential on

this is no question that pcie 4.0 will only be on x570 or higher chipsets. AMD themselves said this. So what is the big problem this has been public knowledge for months.

semiaccurate.com/2018/08/07/intel-has-no-chance-in-servers-and-they-know-it/
>Looking Forward:

>Luckily for Intel, they have a plan. That plan doesn’t involve silicon, it involves gathering the press and analysts and lovingly providing FUD before the proverbial excrement hits the rotational parts of the air movement device over the next few quarters. On the silicon side there is absolutely nothing Intel can do to combat AMD, their offerings are not even adequate much less competitive, and priced much higher. Intel knows this.

The problem is that Intel needs to frame this as a bad thing so they can instill FUD in the goy leaning toward AMD.

are just trying get anything out to cope while waiting for their next rehash.

I bet that if AMD didn't say anything on PCIe 4 on old board. If shit happens people will blame Ryzen instead of the board.
Intel is good at it and don't have this problem because they force people to buy new board every gen

Attached: rAlZwsz.png (1920x1080, 607K)

anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards

>Old boards cannot have 4.0 enabled since it needs a new chipset and tracing,
>There are a few beta bios out there where pcie4 does work on older chipsets.
retards, the chipset is in the amd cpu, it's up to amd to support pcie 4.0. because of this the only way only way you're having pcie 4.0 support on 400 and 300 series mobos is by using older BIOSes that may not fully support ryzen 3000.

that's 10gb/s short from the actual spec.

bros what is going on........

Still faster than pcie 3 spec

yeah, but it makes sense for amd to disable pcie 4.0 support on old mobos when this is the kind of ''''support'''' OEMs guarantee.

>tfw upgrading from a 1600x

Attached: awww yeah.jpg (400x313, 25K)

> AMD is gonna commit PR suicide when they're at the highest point they've been in years but are still extremely vulnerable to Intel

Yeah no

>had the chance to buy a TUF B450M for 60% off earlier this month
>decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle to flash
>look at this chart now
jdimsa

*NEW* Backwards compatibility doesn’t matter!

God I love my 8400

>Board partners like MSI have their BIOS files ready as well, however they did not release it PUBLICALLY
I can download zen2 bios for my b350 tomahawk form the support page on a b350 page, the fuck are you talking about? It's such a low-effort FUD that's not even funny.

exactly this
to avoid "why my PCIe 4 not as fast as standard?" shit

>1080p

lmao

Attached: ttt.jpg (3840x2160, 1.45M)

NOOOOOO THEY CANT MAKE BETTER PROCESSORS

THEY ALL HAVE TO BE SHIT ENOUGH TO RUN ON X370 NOOOOOOOO

If you don't know anything about computers, I suggest you keep you mouth shut.
What a fucking load of shit you just posted.

>those bars
the length shills go to just project a tiny amount of perfomance to look like its a huge thing

This is about PCIe4 support, brainlets. Your 3000 series processor will still work on older boards, just without PCIe3.

500 points have been added to your AMD Rewards account! Thank you for participating in this programme!

Oh no! False rumors against backward compatibility when in reality its only about PCIEv4 support that AMD doesn't want enabled on old boards.

this
They wouldn't have released the chips for the same socket and they wouldn't have made pcie 4 available for the old boards if they didn't want to do that.
People would have bought a new mobo for zen 2 and not said much

>AMD never promised PCIe4 on older boards
>Manufacturers find a way to hack it in, potentially doing damage
>AMD objects
Wow it's almost as if AMD is the bad guy here.

The only damage they do is to their pockets of x570 chipsets which are a piece of trash

Thanks OP. I had my doubts on buying amd and I was right. recalling of the bios files that supported pcie 4.0 was shady enough already for anyone who knows more than /v/.

Typical paid shill cope response to unflattering facts
>who cares

This, my low TDP 8700 is gorgeous. Just runs anything with ease and will do so for a very long time.

every weekend quality of Jow Forums drops to youtube comments level
why the fuck would AMD care what boards sell more? it's Asus who cares
AMD sells CPUs directly they want to sell more CPUs not more boards.

They just do not want to deal with RMAs when it burns the CPUs or chipset for "no reason".

>CPU won't run on cheap boards
>implying this won't directly affect sales

SEETHING

i'll buy a b550 board if it was available.
but fuck me 570. i don't need it.

duh, that's why AMD want all AM4 boards to run zen2
and they do without noticeable performance differences. even gigabyte made zen2 bios, I expected to get fucked with my gaming 5

buy B450, there is no difference
motherboards with zen have only one function performance wise- better VRM it boosts higher, that's it

>Old boards cannot have 4.0 enabled since it needs a new chipset and tracing, it is impossible to make them work at 4.0 speeds.

You are rarted.

PCIe lanes coming from the chipset cannot be changed, so X370/X470 still has 2.0 coming from the chipset. However lanes from CPU is 4.0 for Zen2, and doesn't magically change when placed on older boards. The only thing that matters (if it even does, for X79 and 6 series chipsets from INTEL experienced the same thing from 2.0 to 3.0 and Intel did not lock anyone out even though they are the likely ones doing these types of stuff) is the PCB traces from the motherboard.

AMD is being anti-consumer here, full-stop. Then again, what do you expect from a corporation.

>that's what they want to prevent, misleading informations that may tarnish the Ryzen 3000 processors...

Enthusiasts will roast the board vendors such as Asus and MSI in this scenario if they fuck the lanes up. Now that AMD said no, enthusiasts (that are not AMD fanboys) will roast AMD directly. Unfortunately, most tech enthusiasts nowadays are AMD fanboys, or Intel fanboys who does not even know nor care about this anti-consumer behavior.

What misleading information anyway? It's really simple to grasp: traces good enough--4.0; traces not good enough--3.0. If you bifurcate--lowest denomination.

Asus is literally the biggest buyer of AMD chipsets anyway (at least until the big 3 (HP/DELL/Lenovo) decides to mass adopt the AMD desktop platform), not sure what AMD can do anyway. Stop selling chipsets to Asus? There are tons of Asus fanboys who would not change brands and would literally switch (back) to Intel in this scenario.

Interesting perspective. Not so confident about the likelihood of that however.

The problem is that they claimed otherwise previously, and OEMs have shown to rebut that idea.

>when in reality its only about...
That's the problem rart.

Fuck this damned board for conning me into buying ryzen. Over $1500 spent and my machine is still unusable because of these shitty MOBOs. What a headache and waste of time for the past 5 days.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't even find consumer grade M.2 SSDs whose maximum write/read speeds exceed PCIe 3 x4, i.e. 4 GB/s. So what exactly is the point of PCIe 4 right now, let alone inofficially shoehorning it into old boards with potential issues?

Futureproofing. Now Ivy Bridge CPUs(especially HEDT/Server SKUs) can enjoy full speed NVMe if you mod your BIOS+ PCIe to M.2 card ($5 from Aliexpress). If you are on Sandy Bridge the speeds would be limited.

Why not just buy a PCIe card at that point?