Help me Jow Forumsoys, my WLAN card isn't working with my Ryzen 7 1700x in an ASRock B450 Pro4 mobo...

Help me Jow Forumsoys, my WLAN card isn't working with my Ryzen 7 1700x in an ASRock B450 Pro4 mobo. The card worked immediately in Windows 10 when using an i5-6500 or 2500k though.

Attached: 2019-07-12 13.13.33.jpg (788x1050, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_7/1700x
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88184/intel-core-i5-6500-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your nic working has nothing to do with your CPU or mobo. The drivers are fucked up or something.

>Windows 10

Attached: 1553898682652.gif (300x222, 1.9M)

I'm using the exact same boot drive as I did when I had the i5-6500, but now the card isn't seen by Windows at all, nowhere even in device manager. I took the card out and put it in a 2500k system earlier and it immediately worked even though it had never been in that system before. What the fuck.

You...reused your windows install? There's your problem.
Also not your tech support

>not your tech support
I'm desperate, I knew that was coming. Fuck, I guess I should reinstall Windows?

No, you should get a mac.

Lol k

Attached: louis.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>I guess I should reinstall Windows?
Yes. I'm surprised you even managed to get your system to boot without bluescreening after swapping out the mobo and CPU on the same windows install

Hmm, I switched the CPU like a month ago and it's worked fine except for the WLAN card.

>ASRock

This is getting rather old.
This hasn't really been an issue since Windows 8.
Bluescreens on a radical configuration change were almost always wrong/missing hard disk driver in 7 and earlier.
I actually had a .reg file to change all hard disk drivers to boot-time start, and never had this problem again.

make a bootanle linux stick and type in a terminal
>lspci
see if it shows up
also
>goldcrest

>he fell for amd meme
you do realize every amd drivers are still beta

I've got a ubuntu USB, brb

It looks like it's not there... so I don't know what the problem is

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-13 07-15-01.png (1920x1080, 371K)

Do you have other pcie cards? Test if your pcie slot is faulty or if it has bad contact on your new motherboard.

Yes, I have two other pcie cards in the system, the GTX 960 (slot 2) and the ViXS TV tuner (slot 5). The WLAN card is in slot 1. I can try switching the slot again...

see if the slot is enabled in the bios, the card should be visible.
also validate using another card if all the slots are working. if so, it may be that the pcie revisions are not compatible or the card is faulty

I'll try that right now. I'll put my TV tuner in pcie slot 1 where the wlan card has been

>1700x
you need a top of the line CPU to use PCIE slot 1

>top of the line
Ryzen 7 isn't "top of the line"? What is top of the line? Also why wasn't this in the manual? You're right though I guess because my TV tuner card isn't working now that it's in slot 1.

Intel is top of the line

Beware I'm throwing a stick into paid shill nest:
AMD has not enough PCIe lanes. It never occurred to me till I checked that with APUs you'd have even less because x16 becomes x8.

Try to calculate pcie lanes and include m.2 if you have one. AMD is good for /v/ who use PC as a glorified console and discord machine not for "enthusiasts" like Jow Forums.

The 1700x doesn't have integrated graphics though, so it isn't an APU? There are 2 m.2 slots on the motherboard, I'm using m2_2 for my SSD. It shares lanes with sata 3 and 4 but that's not an issue because I don't need those anyway. PCIe slots are only affected when m2_1 is occupied I believe. I only have 3 pcie cards in my system: GTX 960 in pcie2 (x16), TV tuner in pcie5, and wlan card in pcie6. And the wlan card still isn't appearing in Windows

en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_7/1700x

PCIe
Revision 3.0
Max Lanes 20
Configs 1x16+1x4

So you exactly used up every lane.

vs intel's i5-6500
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88184/intel-core-i5-6500-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html
PCI Express Configurations ‡ Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
So 3 cards in the last config. Just because motherobard doesn't mean CPU has enough lanes and AMD doesn't split stuff. Usually that's written on motherboard's page in small letters or as small note with *. You got tricked by AMD's Jow Forumsaming FPS shills.

That only a problem with Windows versions that used HAL. There hasn’t been a version of Windows with HAL since Windows XP.

>AMD: 20 lanes
>Intel: 16 lanes

Fuck me, I wasted a whole day trying to figure out why this card wasn't working when the whole time it was just because all the pcie lanes were full with the GPU and the TV tuner card. I took out the TV tuner card and now the wlan card is working. Any way I can limit the graphics card to x8 or something so I can have the wlan card and TV tuner in at the same time?

Attached: 1532929462795.png (400x416, 163K)

Nevermind, figured out a solution. I set something in the bios from 1x16 to 2x8 and I put the wlan card in pcie4, and put the TV tuner back in pcie5 where it was originally. Now they're both working, so I'm satisfied.