Is it true that anything you buy above 3600 will end up in a GPU bottleneck unless you own high end cards like 2080 and...

Is it true that anything you buy above 3600 will end up in a GPU bottleneck unless you own high end cards like 2080 and above?
I think 3600 is good value but don't want to miss out on performance in like 3 years when next gen consoles use Navi 8 core and mine will have 6 cores.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (678x452, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4TegHmQEf-s
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18335497
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think it should be a problem desu. Maybe in 6-8 years, but by then you will have gotten something else.

I would get the 3700X though.

GPU bottleneck is always preferable to CPU bottleneck. Easier to change out a video card than a processor and potentially motherboard

There's no problem with getting a 3700x or higher CPU now and then getting a GPU that matches later if you can afford it unless you think there's going to be some big jump from AMD or Intel that you'd want to upgrade your CPU in the next few years.

>GPU bottleneck

Is this the new meme that AMDrones are trying to push?

Meaning 2080ti will give you 180fps with your 9900k and 120fps with R5 3600 but if you use a realistic card like vega 56/64/rx5700/2070 super then it will give you 100fps on both 9900k and 3600.
With this you are GPU limited and aren't't losing any performance because you are not pushing your CPU at max limit.

Just buy a 3600 now. You can put the new 2020amd processors in the am4 socket too. The 3600 is only 200bucks.

Right, because lowering your settings is impossible.

You stupid motherfucker.

Only if you care very high fps.
If you only care not dipping below 60fps
I think the 3600 will hold until the end of the upcoming consoles.

Because the console CPU will be very underclocked, so the 3600 clocks makes up for that

This. The human eye can't see past 60 fps anyway.

No. It depends on the application. if you use 7z, you wont reach GPU bottleneck. If you use a RTS or strategy game, you'll reach CPU bottlenecks.

It can but many people don't care for more than 60fps, my monitor is 60fps, I'm ok as long as the dips aren't below 60fps (caused by CPU)

What if he wants to buy a new monitor? The he has no upgrade path because his CPU won't allow him to get a 144 Hz monitor.

Just because new consoles have 8 cores doesn't mean multithreading games suddenly becomes trivial

read
I specifically mentioned it, I warned.

that sentence doesn't make sense, are you having a stroke?

Why would you buy a brand new computer to play games at 60 fps you punk motherfucker? He might as well buy a console

So the thing is in 2013 i5 3570k was best CPU for gaming and hyperthreading in 3770k didn't make any difference in but nowadays my CPU struggles to even run assassins creed(origins and above) and battlefield 1 and above on constant 40fps(no matter what settings) even when I got Vega 64.
All this because they have hyperthreading support and my CPU doesn't.
Now in future if 8 core becomes norm and my CPU only has 6 cores then it will be same problem for me.

The 3700x is not a gaming cpu, the 3600 will have better boost clocks at 4 and 6 cores. The 3700x is a budget workstation cpu, a good choice if you don't want to spend too much and need it primarily for multithreaded use cases.
>2600/2600x - budget gaming
>3600/3600x - mid range gaming
>3700x - budget workstation
>3800x - high end gaming
>3900x - mid range workstation/budget hedt
>chadripper - high end workstation/hedt

youtu.be/4TegHmQEf-s

the cpu is already sitting at ~80% usage across 12 threads. 3700x is definitely recommended. this was recorded via shadowplay, so no increased usage for the cpu there.

>drops down to 90 in low-medium settings on a brand new CPU

poozen

x - budget hedt

It can't be HEDT. 9900K is not HEDT either.

WHY would you want a CPU bottleneck?

>pic related
The 3700x's boost curve is similar to the 2700's one and the 3600/3600x is going to boost higher in the 6-12 thread range which is where most games will sit. This doesn't mean the 3700 won't be good for games or that you won't get gpu bound in certain games at certain resolutions, but both the 3600/3600x and the 3900x are going to offer better value for purely gaming performance.
The 9900k is an 8 core cpu with 16 MB of cache, the 3900x is a 12 core one with 64 MB. And it runs circles around the 9900k in multithreaded performance.
Also threadripper 1920x was a $800 12 core cpu and the 3900x beats it in every single regard. It probably comes close to the 1950x in some workloads. Why couldn't you call it a budget hedt option?

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-152125_Samsung Internet.jpg (1440x2190, 628K)

Why do you even need 120 fps or higher you stupid fucker. OMG the Intel chip that is much higher price gets 180 fps instead of 120! DON'T BUY AMD. Imagine being this brainlet

Image related is my userbench on a 3600 with a 580

Link related: its a stock 8700k with a 580 nearly the same as mine

userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18335497

GPU is the biggest bottleneck you can have

Attached: gaymark.png (1629x558, 113K)

What does it matter when everything is sold out.

Attached: 1562898210041.png (670x578, 345K)

So if my budget is about what a 3700x costs I should downgrade to a 3600x to save about $100? I'd like to keep it for at least 3-4 years, would the 3700x be the better option for future proofing or will it make no difference?

If the only thing you care about is games then yes. Spend that $100 on a better gpu or monitor instead. If you also use 7zip or edit and encode videos regularly then get the 3700x or save up an extra $70 for the 3800x which will have the same number of cores but will boost higher in games.

Anyone has any take on this?

I mean it could nothing is for certain in the pc world the only reason things are the way they are now is because intel got lazy if amd was able to compete all these years ago we would have different tech right now. In short no idea but I would say 8 cores 16 threads would be a good thing to strive for.

Rypoo isn’t capable of being bottlenecked by 2080. It’s simply too slow.

Guess I'll save a bit more and get the 3800x, cheers.

Take your meds.

> The 3700x is not a gaming cpu, the 3600 will have better boost clocks at 4 and 6 cores.

Xbox Scarlett and PS5 both run 8 core CPUs. I definitely don't want to get gimped when the new console generation comes out and ports require 8 cores to run optimally.

In reality none of the AMD CPUs besides the 3600/3600x are suitable gaming CPUs if that's the only criteria. 9900k and 9700k both outperform the 3900x/3700x for pure gaming.

Current gen also uses 8 core.

I think the 3800x is definitely the better option if you don't care about power consumption. The 3700x is going to be pretty good for a small to medium sized office working in video production or 3d modelling or whatever. The fan noise will be lower because of the 65w tdp, you might get away with a cheaper psu, and the multithreaded performance will be pretty close to the 3800x, definitely a nice upgrade from whatever quad core i5 they're using right now.
Then get the 3800x for $70 more. The 3700x has a lower tdp than the 3600x while having 33% more cores, because those cores don't boost as high as the 3600. The 3800x has more cores AND boosts higher than the 3600x.
Yeah 8c/8t

I feel like you are unable to comprehend the concept of a bottleneck. Of course you can lower the settings but you've still got a level of performance which is being limited by one of your components.

>Then get the 3800x for $70 more.

Lol, no. The marginal higher performance in the low one-digit range doesn't justify 20% higher price tag. The 3700X is the sweet spot for what I'm going for.

Is this bait?

No? I have an i7-4770K & an R9 280X, on modern titles the bottleneck is very real.

I have a GTX 1080 and I want to upgrade from an old i5-3570K into the 3700X but I am very worried about temps

It draws so little power but runs very hot, it's obviously because of the new design.
I live in a hot country, it may not be a viable choice here.

If it's cooler than a Haswell, you should be fine.

Techpowerup got these temps on a Noctua cooler
Other sites got 85C+ on the stock cooler

Attached: cpu-temperature[1].png (500x610, 44K)

Is this at full load? I use an i7-4770K with the Hyper 212, at full load when doing raytracing and radiosity calculations during rendering or map compilations it doesn't break 70C with Arctic MX-4 thermal compound applied.

There's also the thing with VRM temps
>Once 140°C is reached, the CPU will reduce its clock speed to 550 MHz (no matter how many cores are active), which immediately drops the VRM temperature well below 140°C

Attached: flir-water-oc-blender[1].jpg (320x240, 20K)

If they're doing stress tests and you're wondering why everything runs hot then lol

Think of it this way, if you can't afford a 2080ti now, you'll never afford it any time soon. By the time that performance level is at the $300 range, all the current cpu now will be outdated.

See this

it's pretty fucking stupid to buy something new knowing it already is a bottleneck to system performance

Ok realistically tell me how long can 3600 stay competitive for gaming?
With competitive I mean over 100fps in 1080p because this is only more CPU focused resolution.

n years.

Yes. Subhuman brown niggers suddenly start defending CPU ipc when it started favoring them when in reality all that matters is ram speed, core count and your GPU in anything above 720p.

The bottleneck everyone tends to ignore is the monitor. All popular games should be over 144 fps with a midrange graphics card at 1080p.
>gaming at 4k
no

B8

I'm pretty sure zen 2 doesn't cripple its clock speed when doing AVX2 workloads, so any stress testing will make the cpu run hotter than usual.

>8c/8t
Not that user but I think a bigger advantage will be when game code are optimised to fit on zen2's massive caches on consoles.

>buying a higher end machine for gayming

As long as it doesn't break, since new triple A games are all shit. *sips*

Would upgrading to a 3600 but keeping my 1050 GPU till I can afford better bottleneck alot?

Attached: f_0.jpg (374x347, 39K)

unless you actually make use of the cpu for anything that isn't video games, yeah. the 3600 can only go down in price, save up for a better gpu.

I've got a gtx 1080 atm would the extra cost of a 3(7/8)00 be worth it over a 3600?

>Amd
>Gpu bottleneck
Only if you try to use 4k. This is the preferred amd test to hide how much it's inferior in gaming than intel

Consider that this temperature is in 3.8 GHz cores, unlike Intel that manages to run 4.7 on a cores at lower temps.
Zen is a piece of shit lego

Cache just exists to offset the massive latency Zen ccx arch have

Only that the GPU costs twice the CPU+ motherboard price.

If intent is only gaming then 3600 would be a waste because GPU plays major part compared to CPU.
Even if CPU is old like 2600k most games will run at ultra settings if you got rx 570 and above.
If you have 1050 and 3600 then it won't make any difference.

New consoles will need to have 4 cores pegged at all times to run their always on social networking, gameplay recording, voice chat. Also speech recognition and AI to process gameplay will be running locally now to screen for deplorable behaviour. At most you'll need 2 cores to play future console games

I don't believe that is true because other shit is being done on current weak hardware as well.

Game recording is done by a bespoke chip on the xbone (think it’s the same for ps4). Right now a single thread is reserved for all background tasks (all the social stuff etc). So it will likely be designed in the same manner on the next gen consoles.

>gpu bottleneck
What do you do to get gpu to bottleneck you? Do you play gaymes or something?

Anything I should change?

Attached: 1545538428172.png (994x660, 76K)

>XT Blowy
Don't.

get yourself some poptarts

Yeah that's just a placeholder until the AIB cards are out, either that or the 2060 Super but the 5700 XT is faster and cheaper.

Consider all the added stuff microsoft will have to dump into the new xbox to make up for their lack of games. Then sony will have to follow as well etc etc

no, fuck you nigger, I want to actually run CEMU/RPCS3

Isn't CEMU dependant on single core speeds?

Maybe if you ONLY game, but if you want to run background applications while gaming the extra CPU cores will be handy.

Most games run on the single core recompiler, yes. That user must be confused, as the 3600x has higher clock.

Apparently the BIOS for ryzen 3000 series suck and were only enough to just boot the motherboard. My asus prime x470 pro has the latest bios but is still stuck on AGESA 1.0.0.2. Does anyone know when ASUS will hurry up?

Attached: Capture.png (400x259, 13K)

Games are shit now "Remake after Remake" is the new trend. Which would be fine and dandy if they left the games alone and merely revamped the graphics for modern times. Sadly this ain't the case. They go "oh lets overhaul the graphics and while we're at it lets change all this other shit to" So what you get is a game that has the same name but is maybe 40% the way it was when you first played it with the other percentage new shit they tossed in/reworked.

Look at FFVII - Yes the trailer looked damn good. But they gonna redo it as an episode affair. No full game for you. You pay for only part of the story. With new parts released later. Back in the day this was a 4 disc CD game, 2.8GB total. A blu-ray is what 25 - 50GB? So the space is there to put the whole game on 1 disc, even a major remade one. So yeah.. fuck square.

Even using the triple core recompiler, single core performance matters most afaik. Still though, I'd opt for the 3700x for future proofing purposes when consoles get 8 core Ryzen processors.

I really hope these aren't USD

Works out to $1350 USD with tax included, it's in AUD.

Don't forget to set your clocks manually in the BIOS. Leaving IF on auto is a no no.

Attached: fclk.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

>buying a $260 AUD mobo for a fucking 65W tdp cpu

Attached: 1562893066875.jpg (457x446, 28K)

What would you recommend that also supports Ryzen 2 with USB flashing?

Not for grown ups. They don't play video games.

What's wrong with usb flashing? Is it really so inconvenient for you that you'd spend an extra $115 for not having to do it? If you care so little about money just get a 3900x, at least that will take proper advantage of your mobo. Otherwise get a tomahawk like every other sane person

>potentially motherboard
X570 is the swan-song of the AM4 platform, obviously.
Next socket will be higher band-width, pinless.

>GPU is just for gaming
>does text docs all day
>doesn't know how to program or thinks his "shell scripts" count as programming.

Attached: 6cc13ba72fabae93c08139b8f93ee8a5d4c3ef9a74ec666dfa9fb48aafb1d08b.jpg (868x1112, 116K)

MSI B450 Gaming Plus seems like the cheaper option to save more, I'll go with that and get a larger SSD I guess.

do you mind if i save this smug?