Discuss

twitter.com/oasace/status/1149181539000864769
discuss

Attached: D_Kyx5wUEAEanEg.jpg:large.jpg (1415x1264, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
web.archive.org/web/20190527183103/https://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
github.com/lorents17/iCatalyst
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

transcript for those who don't want to click:
>facebook is embedding tracking data inside photos you download.
>I noticed a structural abnormality when looking at a hex dump of an image file from an unknown origin only to discover it contained what I now understand is an IPTC special instruction. Shocking level of tracking..

Bump

hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
Welcome to 2014

>FB injecting tracking shit into uploaded photos
>shocking
Pick one.

Because it is currently down at the moment:
web.archive.org/web/20190527183103/https://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html

Just like what Best Korea was criticized for in their Red-Star OS

exiftool image.jpg

Current IPTC Digest: ...
Special Instructions: FBMD...

exiftool image.jpg -all=

Solved.

Does this work?

it works

So when you download a picture from FB it contains metadata that associates the file to your username/where&when you downloaded it/etc and they can read this info should you upload the file again?

>shocking level of tracking
It's what I had expected.
Google does the same for more plainly visible things like URLs you copy from their search results. It ends when you've clicked through and copy from the url bad naturally. Not sure how far it identifies you but I would imagine it's to the level of a username/email account if you're logged in.

>Does this work?
There are also lossless image optimizers that optimize image encoding with black magic. They should scramble many types of stenography in the image. Also they strip out exif to save space. Point is don't just use an exif stripper, modify the image somehow.

github.com/lorents17/iCatalyst

More or less. You can just nuke metadata, though.

I don't care that much
Usually when I download pictures off of FB it's for... research purposes... and I'm not going to be uploading the images anywhere else

Instagram do this too

God stop being fucking ADHD and care then. Running a script on an entire folder isn't even hard.

It doesn't hurt to do that. Simple python script could do it.

>still using kikeebook
holy fucking lol desu desu desu

Attached: 4be17df533c9.gif (540x540, 49K)

>OP posts important information most people don't know about
>STOP FUCKING POSTING REEEE
nu-Jow Forums is awful. just commit suicide.

>important
Twatter rants about Fecesbook tracking bullshit? Are you legit retarded? Who the fuck cares about Fecesbook tracking and still uses it? KYS

The important thing to take away is that it is actually happening, and if facebook does it then theres no reason why every other company wouldnt. Imma go write my exif script.

>mac user
>default color scheme
>random hex dump
totally legit

retard

>Imma go write my exif script.
Post it when you're done. I've been meaning to do it myself for a long time but I've been lazy.

changing exif would not work if they put data in the image. Lets say they take an image file and encrypt the ip/username into an 8 bit word. Just append that to the end of the image data. It would appear on the screen as nothing.

You can make some experiments by taking a file of random numbers, put a jpg header and post the image. Not take the original random number file and put your ip in there, then reattach the header. Post the image, and you'll see its an insignificant bit.

Attached: wucit.jpg (600x645, 67K)

This has been known for years

>That Verge article about Facebook moderator contractor sweatshops at the bottom of the comments

Attached: 1559517334838.png (796x712, 317K)

[spoiler]sneed[/spoiler]

This is why you take a screenshot instead of downloading pics from kikebook or instaberg